1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Analytics: Comparing Site - NEW feature!

Discussion in 'Google' started by usasportstraining, Dec 12, 2007.

Google Analytics has a new feature allowing you to compare one site of yours with another. In the upper right, when looking at your sites.

Nov 11, 2007 - Dec 11, 2007
    Comparing to: Site

usasportstraining, Dec 12, 2007 IP
    buffalo likes this.
  2. SuperBlog

SuperBlog Peon

Best Answers:
    That's pretty cool! I'm going to log on now and check it out, even though I don't really have any sites to compare. I have my real blog and a brand new free Blogspot one which is not all too serious, but that sounds really awesome and will probably be very helpful for plenty of people.

SuperBlog, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  3. tattoos

tattoos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I just noticed this as well, but I was not sure what I was meant to be comparing!
    Couldn't under stand what the pop up explanation was trying to explain :eek:

[​IMG]

EDIT: I have just noticed that you can now see the stats for the current day... I use to have to wait till 6pm (in Oz) till I could see how my day was going..

tattoos, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  4. Domino

Domino Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Where is exactly? and What happen when the other site doesnt have Analytics?

Domino, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  5. ahelpinghand

ahelpinghand Guest

Best Answers:
    You can only compare sites that have analytics, this is logical. Also, you can compare the same site with itself in the past (visits, pageviews...etc) this is really a good new feature. Thank you Google :)

ahelpinghand, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  6. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    It's found in Google Analytics in the upper right. As stated above, you can only compare sites of your own, that also have Google Analytics (of course).

It is a very nice feature, especially for related sites.

usasportstraining, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  7. frets

frets Peon

Best Answers:
    It's just bad use of terminology. You can compare different metrics across date ranges, not different sites.

frets, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  8. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    I saw this feature this morning when I logged in to check my stats. Unfortunately, it wasn't letting me choose anything when I tried to use it. I have more than 4 sites that use Analytics, but it wouldn't let me compare any of them. Hopefully I caught it when they were still implementing it and it will start to work here shortly....

Firegirl, Dec 13, 2007 IP