1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Stop Chasing Pennies And Start Earning Dollars.

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by rostau989, Dec 10, 2007.

The main underlying question always seems to be. How do I make more money with adsense?

To many people are trying to re-invent the wheel. Wouldn't it just be easier to duplicate someone who is already successful with adsense.

Check out some of the adsense sites members have, there is virtually no unique quality content. That's eaxactly what google advertisers want and most people never give it to them.

Just look around at some successful adsense sites, they are always full of unique content an excellent ad placement. There really is no reason to have a poorly converting adsense site. All of the necessary tools and methods are right in front of you.

The reason people are making a few cents on clicks instead of dollars is there site. I have a friend who is always posting to forums looking for a quick and easy way to make more money with adsense. So I asked him how much time does he spend on forums each day, about 2 - 3 hours. I said to him, why don't you spend that time adding quality content to your site and trying to get some good links. He didn't have an answer. he just told me that maybe someone had a secret way of making more money. I told him I already knew the secret "You must have quality and unique content that is specifically targeted to your niche." He said I know that, so I said, well why don't you do it. His reply is always the same, maybe someone knows an easier way.

There is no easy way, if you aren't giving google what they want, they will never give you what you want.

My friend is still looking for the secret in the forums, so I'll just leave him alone, after all some people always want to look for the easy way.

rostau989, Dec 10, 2007 IP
  2. godmode

godmode Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Good one. You voiced my heart. Unfortunately, people get scammed by autopilot Bull$hit and they dream of making money while they sleep in their pyjamas. That doesnt happen and then eventually quit.

There are other class of people who are just lazy and they just want free lunch. So they steal other quality sites and dream of becoming millionaires. That doesnt happen either.

I seriously hope atleast honest people learn something from your post and start making headway towards building a quality site.

godmode, Dec 10, 2007 IP
  3. Fka200

Fka200 Guest

Best Answers:
    Most amazing thread I've seen on AdSense. People think there's some crazyyyyyyyyy secret to making money using AdSense... they go and ask for the highest paid keywords and quickly copy content and sit back and wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait for nothing. Why? Cause their @$$es are in the supplemental index of Google because of the duped content. I don't understand why it's so hard for people to understand that you need UNIQUE content!

Well, you just squashed the hopes and dreams for 85% of DP members. Rep added :). Godmode, I wanted to rep you but DP wouldn't let me :(.

MODS CAN YOU MAKE THIS THREAD A STICKY PLEASE? Right underneath the one that gives the guidelines for making thousands with AdSense?

Fka200, Dec 10, 2007 IP
  4. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly. It's all about quality content + traffic. Unique content is a must but without traffic you won't make a dime.

ForgottenCreature, Dec 10, 2007 IP
  5. zhinghur

zhinghur Peon

Best Answers:
    We can earn hefty sum in adsense even if don't have any quality content. All you need is the idea, which you can capitalise to get huge traffic...

zhinghur, Dec 10, 2007 IP
  6. godmode

Best Answers:
    All it takes for that idea is quality brains. Have them first.

godmode, Dec 10, 2007 IP
  7. alemcherry

alemcherry Guest

Best Answers:
    Dont be rude. This thread may not be a unique one, but atlest people are giving some practical advice!

alemcherry, Dec 10, 2007 IP
  8. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, to stop chasing pennies, then go chase high CPC keyword. Start a site about it and chase low competitive niche which related to that keyword.

wokaka, Dec 10, 2007 IP
  9. godmode

Best Answers:
    I am not being rude. All of saying is, if you think about quality then you can bring quality in your work. It doesnt matter if its a unique idea or just another idea.

If there is no quality even the unique idea goes down the hill.

godmode, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  10. Fka200

Fka200 Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm making a couple dollars everyday with a site with a LOW paying niche. The difference between this site and the millions out there is there's a twist to it. People think they need to target high paying keywords? Hell no! Just offer your traffic something else so they WANT to come back. The message OP is trying to say is get your crap together and produce GOOD websites. Websites people want to go to. Not 1,000 free blogspot blogs with copy pasted material. You can't expect to make lots of money that way.

Everyone tries to make this message clear, but people don't get it. Notice how everyone is at the "how to make thousands with adsense" post just saying congrats and wanting to be friends with op and not this one? LOL! Oh well!

Fka200, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  11. godmode

Best Answers:
    haha Ditto!

godmode, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  12. spygadget

spygadget Banned

Best Answers:
    there is a secret behing everything :D They say behind every successful man there is a women....

Same way there is a secret behind adsense as well as on today's date i have clients who makes $200 to $300 per day ....but if you will see their website you will get a SHOCK in your life..!!

Website are so professional that once you will come on that website ..you will save it your FAV and you will come back again to visit that website for sure no matter even if it's of no interest to you or there is a possibility of you giving this website name to someone who can refer to it.

If you wish to build this kind of websites you need to invest few thousand dollers and keep inhouse Professional content writers & Optimizers who can get your website right on 1st page of all search engines in around 45 days.

That's how you will earn hundreds of $$ every day .....and you should be proud of your self that even while sleeping you are making money.

Regards
    Nandan

spygadget, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  13. leviathan400

leviathan400 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good post. I look forward to launching my new site with unique content. Its still in the works.

And yes I agree that It takes hard work and good content sites. There is no easy way to cheat the system.

Thanks

leviathan400, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  14. Fka200

Fka200 Guest

Best Answers:

Vacations are on Google! Woo hoo.

Fka200, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  15. jimkarter

jimkarter Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Really nice thread.
    Quality of work, time and hardworking are the keys.

Green to the thread starter.

jimkarter, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  16. godmode

Best Answers:
    Althought i agree with you on some points. I don't agree with what you said about having professional writers.
    There is a website competing with me, they are a large publication house and run this site. I get more traffic and rank better than them. Funny? I wonder how much they pay those writers and whats their profit when i beat them at almost all keywords.

I am just one man show. All it takes is passion, good writing skills and confidence to beat anyone in the market.

godmode, Dec 11, 2007 IP
    xenyo likes this.
  17. xenyo

xenyo Peon

Best Answers:
    One of the most sensible and good advice threads I've read recently on DP.

especially Godmode's post

Ideas are nothing special and there are many examples of great ideas that didn't get its reward. Its the execution that is important, the attention, care and time you devote in taking the idea and milking it for all its worth.

Did Microsoft invent software?
    Was Google the first search engine?
    Was MySpace or Facebook the first Social networking site?
    Was Craiglist the first classifieds?

Don't spend all your time trying to invent the wheel, take something that you will be good at and go for it.

xenyo, Dec 11, 2007 IP
    godmode likes this.
  18. godmode

Best Answers:
    Thanks xenyo and yeah your examples are so relevant. Reps given

godmode, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  19. Fka200

Fka200 Guest

Best Answers:
    I guess the moral of this thread is that instead of threads like these http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=592279 people should be asking how to improve sites and if anyone can help give them ideas about improving on their niche. I keep trying to get the thread going hoping it gets more and more exposure ;).

Fka200, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  20. dzamars

dzamars Peon

Best Answers:
    True, it`s important to be good in that area in what you are trying to write, but it`s more important to be an area in what you can write without getting bored 2-3 years in a row. This is pretty hard. :D

dzamars, Dec 11, 2007 IP