1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$50 donation made but no custom user title ?!?!

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Geraldm, Aug 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    LOL, I hope you do get your custom title :D
    You deserve it.

You should have checked Shawns iTrader to make sure he was trustworthy :p

Shazz, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  2. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    There's a big difference between 'product or tool support' and not geting something you paid for. It sure would be nice if he had the courtesy to give the doners the one small benefit that he promised they would get. :rolleyes: $50 may be pennies to him, but probably not to a bunch of the doners that havn't got the custom usertitle.

If he's not going to do it, he should update

http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/donate.html

instead of the bottom of the page being totally BS. Shawns just as bad as the scammers.

Nintendo, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  3. terminator69

terminator69 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    He is still entitled to it.

terminator69, Dec 5, 2007 IP
    Geraldm likes this.
  4. Dirty-Rockstar

Dirty-Rockstar Guest

Best Answers:
    WOW, i never knew donating to here had so many perks....it really sucks you have to wait for so long to get you perk

let me get this straight, i donate 500$ and i get free advertising? for how long. i cannot see the "bigdonors" page

im sure you just slipped thru the cracks....im sure it was not on purpose

Dirty-Rockstar, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  5. Overclock099

Overclock099 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Its only Shawn admin for this big forum..?? Come on Shawn, you need more staff..

Overclock099, Dec 5, 2007 IP
  6. Geraldm

Geraldm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's just about been 5 months now and still nothing from Shawn, no custom tag, no thank you note, nothing.

I just think it's pathetic. People donate money out of the goodness of their hearts and he doesn't even do the decent thing and say "thank you".

Cheers ....
    Gerald.

Geraldm, Dec 5, 2007 IP
    terminator69 likes this.
  7. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    When it started, you got the usertitle that same day!! Instead Shawns became so lazy, and doesn't give a rats rear end about this place (He's also gone months this year with very little activity.), that he's looking exactly like a pure scammer!!

Nintendo, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  8. Dirty-Rockstar

Dirty-Rockstar Guest

Best Answers:
    ^^ you know what? (this thread) is really starting to get annoying. Define donation. people keep spamming on about some silly perk that someone expects to get because someone gave 50$ to help a community. So your intent was only to fill the needs of you? and not this community? Shame on you. I understand that the topic starter is frustrated, but you could have left it as 1 simple thread and left it at that. maybe bumped it once a month or so. The servers just got updated, crap breaks off and on. Im sure the least of his worries is you or anyone else expecting these perks. Especially after this poor me i have less buttons thread. In fact, if i was shawn i would never give you the access. Just to make you even more mad and take away the access of the ones b*tching

Get over it, or go join some other forum and give them 50$ so you can get some perks. or better yet buy VB yourself and sit on your own forum. I could continue but you get the idea. Go ahead, negative rep me. Im not here for the popularity contest. I'm here for the FREE knowledge.

I might donate 50$ just for spite, write a mail to Shawn and tell him don't worry about activating anything on my account put that 50$ into advertising so this forum stays open. Or maybe spend a good night with his gf.

Ok, now im done.

~DR~

edit: i was so irritated i never realized that it wasn't Nintendo that started the topic, it was merely a reply. I was going to retract my statements and apologize but I decided that the above paragraph is dedicated to anyone that says anything negative about Shawn. When i started coming here last year, i didn't even know what html was, now im ok with it, im ok with php/sql and database and now im getting into domains. If it wasn't for this site me and i bet countless others wouldn't have learned useful things. this is a team effort, a community. be a part of it or just never log in again

Dirty-Rockstar, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  9. DarkX

DarkX Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm surprised by Nintendo's comment.

DarkX, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  10. killaklown

killaklown Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you cant take anything Nintendo says seriously ;)

Just phone up shawn and ask for your title.

killaklown, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  11. Bebicul

Bebicul Writer

Best Answers:
    Why are you telling us what to do with our money?
    This is what the thread starter is doing: started a thread and bumping it every 2 months. I could have started a new one, bu I decided to bump this every 2 months for him, since he gave up.
    Maybe you should find another forum; people expect to get what they paid for around here. And don't bring up "So your intent was only to fill the needs of you?" again. It's not like it costs money to activate that, so the $50 is still a donation. And, i repeat, there's no reason anybody has to give an explanation for what he is doing with his money, especially to you, Dirty-Rockstar, a brown nose who has seen an opportunity to do some good for the forum without making a donation, by attacking other members who made a small donation and are trying to get what was promised.

Bebicul, Dec 6, 2007 IP
    Winagain likes this.
  12. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    or how about this?
    4 letters, you decipher the order: FUTS

timsdd, Dec 6, 2007 IP
    Bebicul likes this.
  13. Dirty-Rockstar

Dirty-Rockstar Guest

Best Answers:

People with your attitude are the ones that call The cancer society and demand a refund because you did not get the ribbon that was offered in return to help a service. You just need to define the word donation and this is pretty much bust. The perk or whatver returned is a gift. There is no obligation.

And that is pretty bold to assume that i never donated at all

Brown nosing? that is not my intent. however i am cool with that. = )

14. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    :rolleyes:

DP is making money from the people using the forum, the cancer society is such a horrible attempt at comparing something, that if you were here I'd have no choice but to bitch slap you.

Comparing a forum that makes money via it's users from advertising to a organization who is trying to treat cancer, just when I thought I had heard everything. :rolleyes:

GRIM, Dec 6, 2007 IP
    Colleen and Halobitt like this.
  15. Bebicul

Bebicul Writer

Best Answers:
    I must have missed that when I paid the $50 :)
    Relax, dude, this doesn't concern you, you're not getting anything out of this.
    I'm giving DP $50 for new equipment and they are giving me a custom user title.
    I don't see where you fit in :rolleyes:

Bebicul, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  16. Dirty-Rockstar

Dirty-Rockstar Guest

Best Answers:

If it does not concern me or any other party then couldnt we have left it as a private message? ;) just google the definition of donation.

17. Bebicul

Bebicul Writer

Best Answers:
    You are in the wrong section. We are in "Suggestions & Feedback". When someone starts a thread here, it concerns the mods and admins first.
    It's a public forum, so you can express your opinion, but that doesn't mean you have to. ;)

Bebicul, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  18. Rage

Rage Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    $50 dos'nt mean anything to DP since it have huge earnings... but still if Shawn requests for donations "Thank you" will return all... i mean show some value that someone donate some money he worked hard for.

And i think custom title is your right since you've been promised for it... (hope you get it soon)

and if someday i donate $50 to DP! that will be for custom title :D

Rage, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  19. Mara Linz

Mara Linz Peon

Best Answers:
    Haven't you read yourself?

Shawn do not appreciate your hardly earned money or your gratitude, your money means nothing to him and you will not get custom title.

I'm just interpreting your own words :p

Mara Linz, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  20. Meener

Meener Banned

Best Answers:
    Paid $50 for Custom Link >> No Link Added in Months >> Paypal Dispute.

Simple.

Meener, Dec 6, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.