1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Unsure about investment of $50k

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ExodusNZ, Nov 4, 2007.

1. maverick123

maverick123 Peon

Best Answers:
    You must have a portfolio of stocks, commodities, real estate, art.

maverick123, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  2. ValleyMan

ValleyMan Banned

Best Answers:
    Stocks would be my option but if you're not interested in it., maybe buying a well established site would be a good idea

ValleyMan, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  3. Remotay

Remotay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Invest in lottery tickets.

Remotay, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  4. WMNZ

WMNZ Peon

Best Answers:
    That might cost more than 50k

WMNZ, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  5. ChrisMono

ChrisMono Active Member

Best Answers:
    nahhh just go roulette and bet on black!

ChrisMono, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  6. schoenegeld87

schoenegeld87 Peon

Best Answers:
    yeaahh i agree that..no risk , no big gain..actually you can low the risk by invest your time in your education first in stock market..there are so many powerful vehicles in stock market such as options where most of warren buffet's assets come from..haha its can become to zero risk at all if you know how to use option properly..just learn from the experts..its your money..your own responsibility..You can learn how to be a forex trader too..there are so many free education sources about forex in the internet nowadays...remember, its your money dude..

schoenegeld87, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  7. MattL

MattL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Diversify. $10K in stocks, $10k to start a biz, $20k in real estate, $5k in retirement fund (and add to it regularly), $5k emergency cash

MattL, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  8. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    I'm from ChCh but live on the Gold Coast with all the other expat Kiwi's lol.
    I have traded the stock market professionally for ~ 30 years.
    My advice, for starters don't touch Forex, Futures, Warrants, Options etc, only the foolhardy go that route, think about it, the big institutions and banks have teams set up to trade these instruments yet even they find it hard to turn a profit, those guys take the money from the mugs who step up.

But trading the market isn't all bad, do it properly and you can earn a very good income.
    If you do go the stock market route join this Forum www.tradersnetwork.org it's dedicated to the Australian market and is chock full of advice from professional traders. (don't touch the US market, it's way too volatile) Stick 40k in the bank, join use the other 10k to open an account with CMCMarkets http://www.cmcmarkets.com.au/

This is the same advice I gave to my three children, the eldest one five years ago, she has bought a home with the money she made, the second one, she has done well from it but hasn't really taken trading seriously, she has moments when she gets into it and does really well, other times she doesn't do so well but as I said, she has made good money from trading, if she put a little consistency into it she would make as much as her sister.

My son, well he hasn't bothered with trading, he just spends what he earns lol, having a good time but I am sure that when he gets older and wants to settle down a bit he will get involved.

I advise against buying websites, sure most people here say thats the way to go but when you take a closer look you will find that most of them are dreaming. In my time here at DP I have seen people spend huge amounts of money on sites only to see the revenue crash when Google drops them.
    In fact I have had sites that make 20k a month for a few months/ or one month/ only to see it drop back to zero.
    Build sites but don't pay out big dollars to buy them, it's a disaster waiting to happen.

Whatever you do, good luck with it ;).

Cyclops, Dec 13, 2007 IP
    Valley likes this.
  9. Valley

Valley Peon

Best Answers:
    Buy 50 used cars, and get a ccl

Valley, Dec 13, 2007 IP