1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Stock Market

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Shazz, Nov 19, 2007.

1. parikshat@vinove

parikshat@vinove Banned

Best Answers:
    Stock market can either break you or make you, the risk is very high
    For Eg: if you choose certain shares to invest and their prices fall, you feel glad that you did not invest.
    However, if their prices rise you feel OH I should have invested in those shares.

Its a game of lot Risk, Research and Rewards.

Regards

Parikshat

parikshat@vinove, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  2. sellerscentral

sellerscentral Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've been doing ok in buying stocks. I Just fund my sharebuilder account using sharebuilder promotion codes ;)
    I just got 3 $50 bonuses by using the promo codes at http://www.forexlearnonline.com
    An easy $150 to invest with. I havent tried this with Zecco yet just sharebuilder

sellerscentral, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  3. mrobert

mrobert Peon

Best Answers:
    I keep about 5% of my savings, invested in stocks. Made some nice profits, but I also keep my exposure low.

mrobert, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  4. Tom Thumb

Tom Thumb Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hard luck buddy!
    Have some shares in Philips from years ago

Tom Thumb, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  5. benpolska

benpolska Peon

Best Answers:
    shaz this is why you lose money on trading. if you buy 5 shares of google at 650 it will forsure go to 730. right there you can make a nice chunk of your $1600 loss back within a week or two. if you think that google is to expensive then you need to start throwing cash at penny stocks and pray that you get lucky.

benpolska, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  6. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    5 shares with a gain of $1600 umm...

Shazz, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  7. m42

m42 Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you looked into value investing? Your investment might recover at some point, but you need to look at the trends and decide if you're in it for the long run. The market has been far too volatile lately.

m42, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  8. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yea, Im hanging on to e-trade untill it goes back up at least to the price I bought it for $6.03 (owning 1000 shares)

Im willing to wait up a year for it, hopefully it can make that increase then. It just depends on the company for long runs, and dividends if its good.

Shazz, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  9. benpolska

benpolska Peon

Best Answers:
    "right there you can make a nice chunk of your $1600 loss back within a week or two"

nice reading there. no wonder why your losing money. learn to read carefully instead of skimming over stuff.

benpolska, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  10. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    uhh common math with 5 shares that wouldn't be a gain $1600
    From 650 to 730

And reading has nothing to do with losing money in the stock market LOL

Shazz, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  11. Searchnology.com

Searchnology.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been trading the market for almost 20 years now. Check the site in my signature for a free download of my swing trading philosphy.

A thought for consideration...The stock market (for small investors) is just a financial risk mitigating system. You could choose to leave your money in a savings account or CD which is considered no risk by most. However by doing so you DO risk your money not growing as fast as the rate of inflation. (a very real risk if you have seen bank ragtes lately) By investing/trading in the stock market you give up the certainty of a savings account and risk your principle for higher returns. If you buy a stock that goes down immediately and you choose to hold on to it anyway, you then risk the opportunity to invest those funds elsewhere for a profit during the same holding period. (that burst the bubble of most buy-and-hold investors out there) So in short there is NO SUCH THING as a no risk investment....you just have to pick your poison based on your unique situation. (ability, knowledge, capital, time horizeon, tolerance for volatility etc.)

Good luck.

Searchnology.com, Dec 1, 2007 IP
    Shazz likes this.
  12. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Great post, already knew it. But well explained :)
    Rep added +

btw, would you by any chance watch the stock market real time online?

Shazz, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  13. cool_78

cool_78 Guest

Best Answers:
    I have some money invested in stocks and I am glad I only put a part of my money in it. Things are not going well for me and it might be months before I break even again. Investing in the stock market is high yielding but also high risk.

cool_78, Dec 2, 2007 IP
  14. maverick123

maverick123 Peon

Best Answers:
    as long as humans feed more n more greed, future of stocks is rosy......stocks will outperform all other asset classes in the long run.....invest wisely in stocks and eat the fruit :)

maverick123, Dec 2, 2007 IP
  15. verbie

verbie Peon

Best Answers:
    Good traders make money also when the market is going down by using derivatives.

I like investment in Private Placements (companies not yet listed on a stock exchange) most since they tend to offer huge discounts over listed companies. And if there is a venture capital fund or similar among the owners you can often expect the company to go public or be acquired if things go well. Returns on good PP investments can leave a return in the 1000s of %. Check out this site if you can invest in European equities: http://www.placementbase.com

Another strategy is to follow arbitrage funds. These funds track stocks that are listed on more than one stock exchange. For example, many large companies are listed in both US and Europe. Since a stock in the same company should have the same value no matter where the stock is listed, the funds use spread trading to buy if one of the markets is too low and short if it is too high. In general, if you see these guys buying or selling then that is a good sign of where the stock is heading short term. Most online brokers offer you to see who of the large players is buying or selling a stock. One arbitrage player is Optiver (opv in the trading stats) who can often be seen to move large volumes. OPV is often for example the largest buyer and seller in the AstraZeneca pharmaceutical company.

Just my $0.02 :)

verbie, Dec 2, 2007 IP
  16. WengChun

WengChun Active Member

Best Answers:
    my friend lost £80k in a week :(

WengChun, Dec 2, 2007 IP
  17. RobPinnacle

RobPinnacle Active Member

Best Answers:
    What platform do you guys perfer trading with? I was looking at e-trade the other day and was thinking of getting started. I've got about $5,000 set aside for it. Thoughts?

RobPinnacle, Dec 2, 2007 IP
  18. mrobert

mrobert Peon

Best Answers:
    A friend of mine invested a small amount in a software company we started. I used to funds to develop, market and sell a nice range of products. He recovered twice the amount invested, in little over 2 years.
    Not bad, for a private placement, imho...

mrobert, Dec 2, 2007 IP
  19. Lofty

Lofty Member

Best Answers:
    I put a lot of money into a UK stock called CGAP, they run radio stations in the UK. Unfortunately I bought at the wrong time, I'm still holding the shares but if you bought today you would be getting them really cheap (in my opinion). I made a lot of money from some RSA shares - it made up for the money I lost on others!

Lofty, Dec 2, 2007 IP
  20. Minterest

Minterest Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Invest in different stocks from different industries....... and invest regularly and dont put all the money at onece.......

Minterest, Dec 2, 2007 IP