1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Coby DuBose paid $75 but delivered nothing

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by rdrye, Nov 23, 2007.

1. daones

daones Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Cody owes me 2 articles for 2 months now.. he wrote about 8 of them in 1 month.. But i sent a few PMS with no reply.. And I outsourced to him for a customer of mine who runs a ticket broker company online. This poor customer has been waiting months.

daones, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  2. rdrye

rdrye Peon

Best Answers:
    Not good for the content writers on DP. Now nobody gets an advance from me.

rdrye, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  3. daones

daones Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thats why its best if you can find one good provider who you can trust.

daones, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  4. WeRTeam

WeRTeam Banned

Best Answers:
    OH NO!!!!!!!

HE HAS TAKEN A LOAN FROM ME OF $300

NOW I AM GOING TO TRACK HIS IP ADDRESS WITH THE HELP OF FBI, BECAUSE MY FRIEND IS IN FBI.

TELL ME HOW MANY OF YOU ARE WITH ME.

WeRTeam, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  5. daones

daones Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    that sounds kind of like a scam.. a post with all caps from a member with 30 posts talking about the FBI and money?

daones, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  6. ishan

ishan Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I got one article written from him some time back, & at that time I would gladly recommend his writing skills.

ishan, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  7. daones

daones Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, he did maybe 2 jobs before i sent him a big job and i was happy with the articles in the past. But once i sent him a job for 10 articles thats where things went bad.. i sent many pms. Finally he wrote 8 of them but never got the other 2. Having good writing skills is one thing, but good customer service and efficient turn around time for the work is another thing, and at least acknowledging people messages.

daones, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  8. masterofdomains106@gmail.

masterofdomains106@gmail. Peon

Best Answers:
    His local authorities might get involved but after that. I doubt it.

If the FBI got involved with a bunch of articles missing or loans being unpaid. The world has just went southside.

9. daones

daones Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes, FBI has far worse thing to deal with than that. It will be more of a small claims court and local authority thing at the worst, but most likely since its on the internet the best you could do is chargeback on paypal. Now if it was a large scale corporation scheme that millions of dollars were involved yes the FBI would be involved.

daones, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  10. DeniseJ

DeniseJ Live, Laugh, Love

Best Answers:
    It sounds to me like he overbooked himself and now, rather than deal with his mistake, he's skipped out on everyone he owes articles to.

DeniseJ, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  11. vabeaty

vabeaty Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This makes it harder on those of us who do meet dealines and provide good service. I hope that people don't start to believe that all DP writers will do the same bad deed.
    While I will agree that overbooking can happen, I also agree that it doesn't explain his neglect to answer pm's and emails. A simple "I've bitten off more than I can chew" would suffice:)

vabeaty, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  12. DeniseJ

Best Answers:
    No, it doesn't explain his neglect. He might be ashamed or embarrassed (or maybe he doesn't care). Rather than deal with his mistake like a professional, he chooses to take the high road.

Of course, this is mere speculation. Maybe he was eaten by a rabid coyote. Who knows? Things happen that are both unexpected and out of our control. Hopefully this issue gets resolved.

DeniseJ, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  13. rdrye

rdrye Peon

Best Answers:
    Did the rabid coyote force him to change his name to Copywriter1 and continue to solicit work on this forum?

rdrye, Nov 30, 2007 IP
    DeniseJ likes this.
  14. DeniseJ

Best Answers:
    Haha... good point.

I've never been bitten by a rabid coyote, so I'm not sure what it does. Maybe it makes people go crazy and screw over all the people they owe things to?

What a loser.

DeniseJ, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  15. vabeaty

Best Answers:
    I agree with you Denise. I really hope it didn't sound as if I was casting judgement. I guess I should have said "provided he is still among the living". I sincerely hope that something hasn't gone terribly wrong, and again, I do understand overbooking. I've done it a time or two, but stayed up all night to still make sure that everything was in by deadline.
    I guess it all comes down to professionalism. You could be the greatest writer since F. Scott Fitzgerald, but if you do not treat your clients professionally, you still end up at the bottom of the writer's pool:)

vabeaty, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  16. DeniseJ

Best Answers:
    Absolutely true Vanessa. I know you were not casting judgment - I never thought you were :) I don't even know the guy except through occasionally spotting him around the forum. But if he is, indeed, soliciting clients under a new name then he is obviously still among the living... and that's a huge red mark against him for such an unprofessional act.

DeniseJ, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  17. vabeaty

Best Answers:

And that is exactly what will cause people to think that they must guard themselves against writers, refusing to pay for work before it's completed, and putting us all in an uproar.

If I were a rabid coyote, I'd bite him:p

vabeaty, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  18. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    He also emailed me yesterday saying he was almost finished with my project...

Zibblu, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  19. DeniseJ

Best Answers:
    Luckily, the majority of my clients don't come from DP - I never advertise my services here, and the clients who do come to me through DP know my reputation and aren't worried I'll run off with their money and refuse to deliver.

Just because there's one idiot running around doesn't mean every writer on DP acts the same way :) I wouldn't worry too much about this incident ruining your chances, or any other decent professional here for that matter.

DeniseJ, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  20. vabeaty

Best Answers:
    Luckily most of my clients don't come from DP either, although I do have a few, and picked up alot of work when I first started from the CC forum. I just think it's sad that people who are trying to get started in the writing business have people like this bozo who are potentially screwing it up for them.
    Oh, well, I'm sure that most people on DP know that there are bad apples in every bunch. Hopefully they'll bear that in mind when dealing with new writers.

vabeaty, Nov 30, 2007 IP