1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Commissions Plummeted

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by Trespasser, Nov 24, 2007.

Hi,

I'm just a little player, but was consistently making $300+ per month around mid year. Gradually there has crept in a discrepancy between reported impressions and the page hit counter reports from my site. Commissions gradually fell and I earned just $5.00 this month...and it's Christmas!!!

Am I being paranoid, or do I have reason to suspect that someone along the food chain isn't playing by the rules? :confused:

Trespasser.

Trespasser, Nov 24, 2007 IP
  2. tigrs84

tigrs84 Peon

Best Answers:
    Same thing has happened to me. Not one Ebay commission penny for more than two weeks with my sites having the same traffic as usual. I would say this is a statistical impossibility.

tigrs84, Nov 24, 2007 IP
  3. Manthem

Manthem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Statistical impossibility? Sounds like someone needs to take a statistics class.

Manthem, Nov 24, 2007 IP
  4. marieg

marieg Active Member

Best Answers:
    same thing happened to me before. well, i'm not sure if it's still happening. I did see some increase in my sales but it's because I got more traffic. I think it's more noticeable when you have small traffic and not so big sales.

But what can we do?

marieg, Nov 25, 2007 IP
  5. tigrs84

tigrs84 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have made a sale almost every day for 5 MONTHS straight. Now nothing for over two weeks and I am using BANS which give me a lot of commissions under $1.00. Something is very wrong

tigrs84, Nov 25, 2007 IP
  6. gillian1

gillian1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I was going to make a similar post. up to Nov 10th I was making a sale on average every other day but since then I have made none. Impressions are steady and clicks have actually risen but no sales. Is there anyway to check if there is a problem with the reporting?

gillian1, Nov 25, 2007 IP
  7. triplex

triplex Peon

Best Answers:
    same problem here guys!ive noticed that the sales have dropped

triplex, Nov 25, 2007 IP
  8. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I've also had slow sales with CJ recently... In fact the past 15 days or so have been the slowest with CJ for me for the past year... and I don't really see any reason for it (no drop in traffic...) ... It is easy to get paranoid though. Maybe it's just a coincidence...

Zibblu, Nov 25, 2007 IP
  9. SolarCat

SolarCat Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends a lot on what niches you're in. Some get busier this time of year (consumer stuff, obviously), and some get much quieter (mainly business-to-business). I'm in some B2B niches on CJ and I've seen a huge drop-off recently. But it's not a sign of something wrong. It's expected until after New Years. B2B buyers are stretching out this year's budget and waiting for next year's so they can spend again.

SolarCat, Nov 25, 2007 IP
  10. cosmonaut

cosmonaut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yep - i'm seeing this too - my commissions must be down 50% this week. I've been putting it down to recession.... but it would be really good if this was a reporting error, and we are all due a bonus...

CJ do seem to give out 'we messed up the reporting' bonuses from time to time. Fingers crossed

cosmonaut, Nov 26, 2007 IP
  11. jlangfel

jlangfel Active Member

Best Answers:
    My question as a CJ newbie then. Is it worth getting into it? I primarily use Clickbank these days.

jlangfel, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  12. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't understand how, say 700 clicks per week to eBay RSS, there are 700 cookies out there with your PID...and none of them, not even 1/700, can convert to sale. I almost feel like it's not set up correctly or something.

Pixelrage, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  13. tvmatt

tvmatt Peon

Best Answers:
    I push a pretty high volume of traffic, and I've seen no overall decline in traffic. Certain programs have decreased and certain programs have increased seasonally, but nothing out of the ordinary.

What merchants are you talking about?

tvmatt, Nov 28, 2007 IP
  14. mcjp6

mcjp6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think that might be ebay

mcjp6, Nov 28, 2007 IP
  15. Trespasser

Trespasser Peon

Best Answers:
    Here we go...1023 supposed impression generating page hits in 5 days, but CJ reports only 461 impressions.

The others 'could' be search engines raking the site and not retrieving tracking images. The traffic isn't evenly distributed across pages as you might expect with search engine page retrieval, though. It just looks like normal visitor traffic that isn't being recorded by CJ.

I just came back from the mall. The place was packed with Christmas shoppers, and yet I made the same this month on my site with 440 pages as I did this time last year with just 1 experimental page!

I dunno what to think. CJ aren't taking my observation and concerns the least bit seriously. :mad:

Trespasser, Nov 28, 2007 IP
  16. tvmatt

tvmatt Peon

Best Answers:
    All tracking for eBay, other than impressions, is done directly by eBay and then uploaded into CJ's system. CJ's own tracking has nothing to do with this.

tvmatt, Nov 28, 2007 IP
  17. gillian1

gillian1 Peon

Best Answers:
    My problems are with ebay too and started on Nov 11th. My figures are relatively small but I was making a sale at least every other day up to then but since then - no sales whatsoever. The impressions are pretty similar and clicks are up so it just doesn't make sense that all sales have suddenly stopped.

gillian1, Nov 29, 2007 IP
  18. WharfeValley Systems

WharfeValley Systems Active Member

Best Answers:
    my site gives no impressions at all - its a bans site!

anyone have any ideas?

stats like this

£330.82 £785.48 0 205 41 7,875 0 0.00% 3.12%

WharfeValley Systems, Nov 29, 2007 IP
  19. tvmatt

tvmatt Peon

Best Answers:
    BANS apparently doesn't use the impression tracking pixel. No big deal, I find it to be pretty useless anyway.

tvmatt, Nov 29, 2007 IP
  20. deedeedum

deedeedum Peon

Best Answers:
    i have the same problem, but not with ebay.

i had one sale everyday for over a week when i first started in november, then it completely stopped for over a week, and now, i am getting about one per day again. strange

deedeedum, Nov 29, 2007 IP