1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hall of Shame

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by CashNinjas, Nov 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I think there should be a forum/subforum made called Hall of Shame.

Everyday I log onto DigitalPoint, I see about 3-5 new 'scammer/frauder' threads. I love reading these things, and I am sure you probably due too, because it could affect you in the future if you deal with any of these people.

Basically, people would post threads acclaiming a scammer. The scammer can reply, or not, it doesn't matter, regardless, it's in the Hall of Shame. Obviously, sometimes 1 in 100 the person who posts the thread will be proven wrong, but that's why there are moderators, to close the thread to end discussion / or do whatever is necessary.

I feel that this is very necessary, not just a 'cool addon' to the forum. I hope you guys can see this, too.
    Just look at the numbers. The Buy/Sell/Trade section is BY FAR the busyist (sp) forum/section of DP. It has 2,024,400+ posts, and doubles any other number by threads and posts.

Woulden't it be important to slim down the liars, thieves, scammers, frauders from invading such a huge and busy section and taking people's money, which in turn puts a sad face on DP for the person who got scammed?

I'm not saying this would 100% work, but I do NOT see a negative effect this would have on DP. Only a positive effect.

What do you guys think? Is it time to let hundreds of thousands of members of this forum know the people that should be ashamed of themselves, and therefore, pointed out to everyone where everyone can see it and stay away from them?

Post what you think.

CashNinjas, Nov 28, 2007 IP
    Dollar likes this.
  2. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Individual iTrader rating is the best way to detect good and bad.

maldives, Nov 28, 2007 IP
    it career likes this.
  3. CashNinjas

CashNinjas Peon

Best Answers:
    In the past two days I have read two posts that someone with 20+ iTrader was the scammer, and he was.

You can have high iTrader, and then decide to scam.. ya know?

Plus, what if you have 0 iTrader? I do a lot of deals with 0 iTraders. They can have 300+ posts and still be scammers.

iTrader just shows how many deals you've done (basically) and yes, it does show how legit you are.. but not ALL the time.

CashNinjas, Nov 28, 2007 IP
  4. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    This has been recommended like 200000000000000 times,

Not to be rude, and I really am being nice , But please use the search function,

Just so you know, It will not happen because of a few reasons that have been said

1. Shawn said no like 10000 times ( He is owner / admin )
    2. Shawn said no like 10000 times ( He is owner / admin )
    3. Shawn said no like 10000 times ( He is owner / admin )

sundaybrew, Nov 28, 2007 IP
    it career likes this.
  5. serialCoder

serialCoder Guest

Best Answers:
    I think "because of a few reasons" is an understatement :D

serialCoder, Nov 28, 2007 IP
    sundaybrew likes this.
  6. it career

it career Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It should not be done.
    To OP what if you see your name in top of the list that your are recommending ? Someone can pay $1 to anybody and start a I got scammed thread , and ask to ban the user and put him in hall of shame

it career, Nov 28, 2007 IP
    maldives likes this.
  7. inworx

inworx Peon

Best Answers:
    It'll be against DP rules as DP doesn't support Member harassment etc. DP staff don't get involved in any sort of dispute between any two(or more..) members.

You can always rate the person, do everything which comes within DP rules if you are victim. You can get his complete information once you've court order to do so.

inworx, Nov 28, 2007 IP
    it career likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.