1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Making $40+ a day with Ebay RSS and Adsense! I did it, so can you!

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by Goran, Nov 27, 2007.

First and foremost I just want to say that this is rather lengthy but there will be some pictures below!
    ---
    I just wanted to give a big shout out to everyone on the DP forums. Without you guys I would still be making $1 on adsense a month!

With the recent popularity of BANS using Ebay feed as commission I thought I would dip my hands into it and see what all the fuss is about. Doing some research I found several options to getting an Ebay RSS website up.

By the end of my second research day I had come down to three viable options. The first was to plop down $97 for the BANS script. I was pleased with the websites I had seen using this script. It is very well done. However I wanted to start my venture by spending as little as possible. Part of this was due to the fact that I hear extremely good stories about sites making $50+ a day. And others making pennies a day!

My other two options were far cheeper but required a little more basic website development knowledge. I test ran both of the following scripts and in the end I chose one over the other just because it had a prebuilt template with preplaced adsense blocks. My choices were to make the website myself and use http://feed2js.org/ (there is a working demo on their website and also some testing with the script done by me here: http://rsstest.envy-gaming.com/ ), which would have taken me several days, or to use a $5 script similar to what feed2js does but with a prebuilt template. I decided on the template. I got it here: http://www.jce-tech.com/ebay.php

After registering a domain I quickly uploaded the Ebay RSS script and was up in a matter of minutes. No joke! However this script does have flaws! Configuring was flawless except for a bug in the website name form that would not overwrite the generic website name. In other words it asked me to give my store a name and when I submitted it nothing changed. So I manually spiced up the header to get what I have now. The other big flaw was that this script allows you to add something like News through RSS. However it was badly formatted and would often overlap my auctions and just didn't line up right. I had to take it off altogether!

The website was now up and I decided to call it a night... For the next few days I promoted hardcore! Everything from blogs, forum signatures, craigslist, etc. I spent about 1 1/2 hour each day doing this. The end result? Huge traffic! And earning to boost!
    Pictures speak louder than words:
    CJ: As you can see my Ebay traffic was very consistent. All purchases thus far have been through links on my site or console gaming in general. Nothing obscure like cooking supplies :D
    1) http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/3638/cjlc9.jpg
    2) http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/9497/cj2xp3.jpg
    Analytics: http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/9341/trafficic0.jpg
    Adsense: http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4857/adsenseoy9.jpg

So in the end I learned that there is money to be made in Ebay RSS/BANS websites.
    Total money spent: $5
    I'm also not going to count domain+hosting into this because I use 1and1 for my host and under their cheap linux plan I get 2 domains.
    Total money earned: $41.30 (not including money spend)

My day to day earning with adsense continuously climbed. Day 2 (late last week) I earned only a couple of dollars but by the Nov 25th I was getting Nearly $17 a day.

I also want to remind everyone that I earned $41.30 in UNDER a week spending less than 2 hours a day promoting my website.

What does this mean for you? Well take some action RIGHT NOW! It's the holiday season. Research things people are buying/wanting and create an ebay RSS site for it!

I hope someone gets a little motivation from my post because it was posts like these that got me motivated! It wasn't even a few months ago when I was earning next to nothing online!

It's 2 am now and I am tired! Good luck to all!

Goran, Nov 27, 2007 IP
    decodethis likes this.
  2. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Kerosene, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  3. sakto

sakto Active Member

Best Answers:
    With just organic traffic I was able to earn $150 in 7 days with ebay niche store using Phpbay Pro.

sakto, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  4. Funk-woo10

Funk-woo10 Peon

Best Answers:
    nice tips ! thanks.

Funk-woo10, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  5. hovesh07

hovesh07 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Congrats.
    I already got a couple commissions with my www.ShopCavs.com site using the $5 script.
    I also had to clean up the script a bit.
    I just have to promote it a little more.

hovesh07, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  6. crystak

crystak Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey,

Great job on your income in such a short time!
    Did you use AdWords to promote your website at all or just from social networking/ forum posts? I got the BANS script yesterday hoping to do something similar to what you did but my main worry is traffic :(.

P.S.: If someone from UK buys from your website that uses ebay.com (US ebay) then they will get re-directed to the UK site - do you still get commission for those purchases ?

crystak, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  7. Goran

Goran Peon

Best Answers:
    No I didnt use any adwords just a lot of manual postings. I doubt you would get the comission. I would sign up for the UK Ebay affiliate program and target just that region maybe. But honestly I don't know. I imagine it's like Amazon though.

Goran, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  8. darkmessiah

darkmessiah Peon

Best Answers:
    dude, this is great info. It actually fit's right into a program I've created that pulls other feeds I uses.. just have to modify it a bit to give ads I need.

darkmessiah, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  9. FOX LORE

FOX LORE Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing, Good Luck!

FOX LORE, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  10. priyaranjan2000

priyaranjan2000 Banned

Best Answers:
    I am confused how your getting traffic from RSS feed website. I have checked the www.ShopCavs.com, Google ranking it not indexed itself .Then how you are making ebay scale from the website,

priyaranjan2000, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  11. Goran

Goran Peon

Best Answers:
    Most of us are promoting the website ourselves and not waiting for the search engines to find us.

Goran, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  12. priyaranjan2000

priyaranjan2000 Banned

Best Answers:
    Can you pls clear my doubts?

1. I have to buy a domain
    2. I have to build the website by using RSS feed eBay product.
    3. I have to join eBay as an affiliate
    4. I have to join affiliate in CJ
    5. My big question is how you are selling the product from that site. How you are getting the traffice.Pls clear my doubt.

Why I am asking, because very new to affiliate marketing’s want to setup a website and earn some little money every month on that. By seeing your thread it seems to good start for doing online business

priyaranjan2000, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  13. hovesh07

hovesh07 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just adding another site, which I'll promote with the social networks.
    It's http://www.FondantFrosting.com
    I thought of my wife's hobby, cake decorating.
    We'll see how it goes.

hovesh07, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  14. bujuk

bujuk Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah, nice information. keep up the good.

bujuk, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  15. crystak

crystak Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey how much money have you made since you posted this? :D

crystak, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  16. Goran

Goran Peon

Best Answers:
    1) Yes
    2) You can build the website using the BANS script ($97), $5 script (what hovesh07 and I am using), or just by pasting the feed2js code into a website you make (which you can do here: http://feed2js.org/index.php?s=build ). You can also host the feed2js script on your website which I would recommend doing if you end up using it.
    3 and 4) Join CJ and then try to sign up with Ebay
    5) I am promoting the website to get traffic. I am not waiting for google to come by and index my whole site and naturally build itself. I am telling people about my website where ever I can. Facebook, myspace, forums, craigslist, or websites are just some ideas where to promote your website.

Goran, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  17. swoopster

swoopster Peon

Best Answers:
    The key to making a profit with a new site is getting traffic to it.

In my endeavers, this has been a challenging task. I had built an ebay affiliate web site selling football jerseys (http://www.profootball-jerseys.com) and i had made $150 the first month.

The traffic that I had received was because of the use of PPC. I started with google but found the price for the keywords that i wanted to use was too much so I switched to yahoo. Paid a lot less for the keywords.
    PPC will take away from your profits but in my minds eye, some money is better than no money.

Getting organic traffic is what everyone should strive for because now there is no overhead costs.

Peace

swoopster, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  18. luemob

luemob Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah that is great. I like it that you shared too!

luemob, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  19. Lpspider

Lpspider Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Question: are you making $40/day or $40/week? the title says the first, but your actual thread says $40 in under a week.

Lpspider, Nov 27, 2007 IP
  20. patlive

patlive Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing the great information.

I noticed that you have Google adsense on your BANS site and that you are marketing through craigslist. As far as my understanding, Google adsense doesn't allow you to advertise through 3rd parties such as craigslist. Google sent me a warning on one of my sites for advertising on craigslist. Just wanted clarification...

patlive, Nov 27, 2007 IP