1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Another Google Update Happening - My PR gone down again

Discussion in 'Google' started by er_Saurabhgupta1986, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wealdie

Wealdie Guest

Best Answers:
    Yada Yada - yes (for pocket money) - but to BUILD A BUSINESS purely on PR - CRAZY :eek:

Get real (or get a job)

Wealdie, Nov 15, 2007 IP
  2. sk33lz

sk33lz Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been wondering about how Google uses its own PR to game search results. Take a look at the link farm they have setup through their blogspot "company" blogs. There is some serious interlinking going on there and some one way links obviously to their other services. Granted there are not many other sites trying to list for the terms they do, but it seems they are not affected by this PR update at all.

Do they make themselves immune to PR penalties for excessive interlinking between sites? It seems so. According to SEOMoz I did not see any of their sites have taken any hits in PR over the last updates, but they do some massive interlinking through their company blogs like the Blog networks that were hit(Ex. Weblogs, Inc.). You can also see how they use the "trust" and PR of their subdomains to list for the keyword phrase "Start your own weblog" for their blogger service. Who is gaming the SERPs again? Notice there are absolutely no "nofollow" tags on the links either.

Funny that someone else has beat them at their own game and lists #1 for the search phrase "start your own weblog". HAHA

Food for thought.

sk33lz, Nov 15, 2007 IP
  3. Danny.Antonio

Danny.Antonio Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi! Here I would not squander your time. So, I plan to be apparent cut, to the point, and hop the "fluffy-stuff". Get page 1 returns on Google Search with in 48 hours which, in turn, will increase the exposure of your site and lead directly to more qualified traffic. Get more traffic to your sites of selection almost instantaneously. Get a page rank 9 site to have a one way link IN to your site. This is the right technique that works for your site, for your one-way-back links to your site in an hour! Such as Bum Marketing, your blogs, and even your Squidoo Lense. This works great in Google, Yahoo and MSN search engines, too. It is free, simple and highly effectual.

If you are prepared! Then just swing with these easy techniques. You will notice Netscape is PR 9. That is a powerful stuff and Google itself, is only PR 7. If you’re familiar with page rankings and back-links, you know what having a link from a PR 9 sites can do for your site. Just try one-way-back links to your site and in an hour I assure that your site will be in a good PR.

Danny.Antonio, Nov 16, 2007 IP
  4. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    With a post as full of crap as this one, it's hard to know where to even begin. If you're going to try to spam a webmaster forum, at the very least try to get a few facts right. :rolleyes:

minstrel, Nov 16, 2007 IP
  5. crazyleaf

crazyleaf Active Member

Best Answers:
    It had changed for me too. It lowered the PR for a website from 4 to 3, and rized on another from 4 to 5.

crazyleaf, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  6. whateverandever2

whateverandever2 Peon

Best Answers:
    My site has gone down to pr0 within the last 24 hours from pr4, no idea why, i dont sell text links and dont see anything ive done wrong.

Its still ranked highly fo rmy search terms but they might go too in a few days and then my income will be f*****.

I hate Google sometimes.

whateverandever2, Nov 23, 2007 IP
  7. vvtv

vvtv Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Whateverandever2, dont worry.. If you rely on PR, yes your income will be dropped.... But from my experience, PR dropped and traffic did not dropped.... Also I read many blogs, searched DP but did not found anyone complaining about traffic and income dropped.... So dont worry now..... Also I was in PR5 and dropped to PR4, then dropped to PR3 in 2 weeks.... All inner pages of my site have no pagerank now.... Only home page have PR3..... ha ha ha.... Now I am planning to delete Google Toolbar from my browser.....

vvtv, Nov 23, 2007 IP
  8. whateverandever2

whateverandever2 Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont rely on pr for income tho I could lose some link exchanges and thus some rankings so I am worried about that, but as long as its nothing major and I dont lose all my rankings as a result.

I have no idea why my pr has been dropped tho, my site gets 70k uniques a day, 16k Alexa, well ranked and linked, i dont buy or sell text links for pr purposes.

My inner pages are still the same tho.

whateverandever2, Nov 23, 2007 IP
  9. crazyleaf

crazyleaf Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ha ha ha .. good one

crazyleaf, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  10. vvtv

vvtv Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes!! So I think I dont need to worry again about PR loss. Whenever I go to my site, the Google Toolbar displays its current page rank. I think the PR is the same importance of a Browser Toolbar........ Just uninstall it; thoughts of PR loss and Google Toolbar.......

vvtv, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  11. photodesign

photodesign Peon

Best Answers:
    This has nothing to do with your site. That tool is all over the web and it has been broken for months. Enter Google.com and it says there are not enough backlinks.

photodesign, Jan 31, 2008 IP
  12. meard

meard Peon

Best Answers:
    In a way im gald you said that, it at least puts my mind at ease a little bit.

(still drives me crazy though)lol

I dont know why we all get so excited about the pr update....... its not like it changes much other than that small little green bar at the op of our pages, mind you in saying that i check mine every day.................... im a self confessed sad sad man.

meard, Jan 31, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.