1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I Have Been Accused Of Copying Someone Else's Article

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by kentuckyslone, Nov 8, 2007.

1. what

what Active Member

Best Answers:
    there are quite a number of differences, IMHO

homer - what program did you use? that was a pretty nifty tool!

what, Nov 12, 2007 IP
    kentuckyslone likes this.
  2. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Actually this program is one of many different programs I use for creating and checking content.

Over the last few years I have been working on content creation ideas. Google keeps upping the anti for content writers, so I wanted a way to ensure I wasn't just wasting my time writing. In other words crossing keyword stuffing thresholds or just writing crap that people don't read. Also have spent considerable time experimenting with use of longtails, expert verbiage, etc. Some of my tools are tailor made for us, while others I bought to serve a specific purpose. All in the name of superior content.

All of the content that appears on my realm of sites is written by us or hired content writers. When I submit content to article directories my strategy changes and I use more of my tools to measure and optimize. I believe the best content comes from people, but if I can plant seeds that grow from my own content...

Although I am (EDIT Sp.) not willing to part with my special tools, I did not want DPer's thinking I am an a** for not sharing. The truth is, these tools in the hands of inexperienced users can result in a negative effect. So I am making a few (free) videos that will help those interested understand more about what and how I do it. If you like I'll post them here when they are completed?

Cheers,

H

PS: I posted this one because th OP seemed a little upset about the accusation of being a content thief. If anyone else is in a quandary about a similar matter I don't mind (EDIT Sp.) providing an advanced analasys of docs or checking for duplicated copies for you. Just be aware I'll post them in public view.

Homer, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  3. kentuckyslone

kentuckyslone Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am sure we would like to see the videos.

And thanks for posting that info about the two articles, I really appreciate that.

kentuckyslone, Nov 14, 2007 IP
    Homer likes this.
  4. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    No problem at all, glad it was helpful.

I didn't realize the background here. It seems there was/is some sort of previous dispute. The only similarities between the articles is you both choose to write about a similar topic. I am sure that happens a million times a minute online:)

Cheers,

H

Homer, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  5. kentuckyslone

Best Answers:

Yes, I was given red rep twice by the person who accused me of copying her article. I was also cussed at and called names both in the open forum and in repeated PMs.

6. AngelaE8654

AngelaE8654 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't worry about red reps. I got one for "dishonest posting". I bend over backward to be honest. The day I have to resort to dishonesty is the day I quit Internet Marketing. The thread I was accused of it in is selling something I've successfully sold to people in other forums for a couple of months. Never, ever has ANYONE who ever bought my product said it was 'dishonest', nor has anyone else ever called my threads 'dishonest'.

I suspect it was simply one of the folks who wanted a "free review copy" who didn't get one that gave the red rep.

Red reps are as valuable as someone else's opinion. Might mean something, might not. If people can give red reps simply because they're mad at you, then they're pretty much valueless.

AngelaE8654, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  7. kentuckyslone

Best Answers:

Yeah I know what you mean. I wasnt really tooo worried about the red reps. I justs didnt like to be falsely accused and I certainly didnt appreciate all the "F" words and name calling.

8. AngelaE8654

AngelaE8654 Active Member

Best Answers:

Yeah, there's really no excuse for that.

AngelaE8654, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  9. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    [Red reps are as valuable as someone else's opinion. Might mean something, might not. If people can give red reps simply because they're mad at you, then they're pretty much valueless.[/quote]

My first red rep was someone who didn't leave a name and said simply "prices to high I think"

Judging by the lack of grammar and the fact that they took time to red rep professional rates, I'd have to say the individual was a disgruntled "writer."

Don't let red reps worry you. If you express any opinion at all you'll be sure to get some. You can't make everyone happy all the time, even if you are as honest as the day is long.

internetauthor, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  10. earthfaze

earthfaze Peon

Best Answers:
    Heh I think I just "lurked" my way to that thread today and you where anything but dishonest.

earthfaze, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  11. master_06

master_06 Peon

Best Answers:
    I can see from your words that you are an honest person and by this you had nothing to worry about as long as you know where you are and what you are doing. Good luck to both of you.

master_06, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  12. odysseus

odysseus Peon

Best Answers:
    If you did not caopy, ignore it and get on with life..... There are people out there seeking cheap publicity by accusing others of copying their content.

odysseus, Nov 14, 2007 IP