1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone having trouble making their first $1 with Azoogle?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by scottmweaver, Nov 10, 2007.

Hey all,

Just wondering if people are having difficulty making their first $1 of profit on Azoogle.

If you are, let me know! I want to help or at least get others to help you.

My only request is that you keep it public, so that others might benefit.

Thanks,
    Scott

scottmweaver, Nov 10, 2007 IP
    hextraordinary likes this.
  2. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Scott's a great teacher and i am sure everyone could benefit from what hes offering. If it wasn't for Scott Helping me out back a couple months ago I probably would of been working at wal-mart right now just trying to pay rent doing hard labor. I might not be making thousands on the net yet but I can honestly say that If it wasn't for Scotts help I would be working 9-5, thanks scott for all your help and I hope more money comes towards your way since you got your little baby now, congrats :)

killafawk, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  3. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Haha.. thanks man, I appreciate that. The baby thanks you as well.

I was just seeing if anyone wanted the help, but if not, I'm fine with that too.

Hope all is well with you.

scottmweaver, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  4. dark0circles

dark0circles Peon

Best Answers:
    Me.. :D I'm trying to promote PPC offers and I was thinking about 4570
    Lowest Quote Online - AUTO INSURANCE. Another option is 4557 Work From Home - Earn long-term recurring income! . I was wondering do you have any idea on how to promote these e.g. landing page, or how to find how others promoting them? They are quite competitive.

dark0circles, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  5. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, you're very right. They are quite competitive. Depending on how good you are with PPC, you might want to try less competitive things for now. If you really do want to go with those things though, I'd definitely recommend a landing page for each. Just doing a search for popular terms on both the major search engines will show you how prevalent landing pages are for these items. To keep a decent QS or QSI, it's almost imperative that you use a landing page, especially on Google.

scottmweaver, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  6. Drwealth

Drwealth Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Scott,
    I've spent the last 2 weeks reading posts especially a lot of yours, and would be very much excited to take you up on the offer.
    While I'm a vet on the internet and money making, I'm relatively a newbie to affiliate marketing, trying to do it part time as I already have way too much on my plate in the hospital. I got approved for azoogle friday. Prior to that I had COPEAC going on for over 1 week and no lead! With azoogle signed up to a couple of ads, and I'm getting views but not as many clicks, 1 offer does have 14 clicks and 2 leads, this one I actually posted on a forum, I'm a part of because its something that would benefit that crowd. The other one has 40 clicks and 0 leads and its the adwords one.
    Right now my 2 leads have me at $2.50 from over the weekend, I'm hoping that business is usually slow over the weekend and this 1st week will bring about great results.

Thanks much for any tips or ideas

Drwealth, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  7. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Well Dr Wealth, it sounds like you're off on the right foot with aff marketing. My immediate impression is that you're doing the right stuff, but that you're afraid to take bigger steps forward. If you're anything like I was, you don't want to take any risks that could leave you a couple hundred in debt. Unfortunately, there are no guarantees in this business at all and it requires some ballsy spending to see what works. Eventually what worked for me and got me started making real money were three things: 1. a crapload of keywords for one offer (thanks Paul), 2. letting my budget go for about a week and 3. setting goals and stopping points (e.g. goal: $150, stopping point: -$500). What's a double edged sword is that you almost certainly have to lose a grip of money to figure out what works short-term and then use what you learn to make it back long-term.

Overall what I'm saying is-- you might want to open the throttle a bit and see what you get. Moreover, if you're doing PPC, then pay close attention to your Quality Score (AdWords) or Quality Score Index (Yahoo) and read up on what makes those tick in the help section of each engine, respectively. The more you know about those, the less you'll pay for each click and the better your ads will position in the search engine results. Not only that, but you can start bidding on the mainstream keywords that get the most traffic and actually getting decent ranks. Additionally, try more keywords overall and keep what works.

One major tip I'm going to start driving home to everyone that I've read a million times and only just started paying attention to: use mailing lists to your advantage. They're ongoing free advertising-- need I say more?

Hope that helps.

Scott

scottmweaver, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  8. danfirst

danfirst Active Member

Best Answers:
    I need help.
    Been doing this for months and yet I'm still struggling.
    Would you consider coaching someone on a personal level?

danfirst, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  9. Hypothermic

Hypothermic Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmm.
    I was just approved for Azoogle today.

I have about 600 dollars to jump into CPA Marketing, what do you recommend?

I will be testing a lot of offers to see what ones convert; however, I will be testing less competive market as I don't have a large daily budget. I will however be reinvesting all revenue into PPC.

I have some a lot of research on PPC.

Hypothermic, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  10. prestige00

prestige00 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a question about landing pages. With the amount of offers these networks have and testing each one to see if it is profitable, how do I go about with domains. Do I have to invest much into domains? If I was running and testing 20 campaigns, what would be the best way to go about it in terms of being approved by google and ranking well within the search engines.

Thanks,
    Rick

prestige00, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  11. Aztral

Aztral Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hehe..actually I made my first $10 today. (bringing my first week total to $10.75) :rolleyes:

And it only cost me $56 so far. :confused:

I think i have it out now tho...for the offer I'm pushing i need to spend alot less on traffic ;)

Aztral, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  12. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone know any good keyword tools? I think I would be ok if i could get like 10,000 keywords instead of like 50

killafawk, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  13. elpen

elpen Peon

Best Answers:
    Keyword Analyzer
    Keyword Elite
    but not 10,000 words. how do you plan to use all those words?

elpen, Nov 13, 2007 IP
  14. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    well i can get 1,000 keywords no problem but i thought having 10,000 keywords was better.. For me i don't have any problems with funding or what not its just i throw up about 500 keywords per campaign and i can't even get like 3 clicks throughout the day.

So i thought 10,000 keywords would be better, then again i heard to many keywords is bad..so i m kinda loss there.

killafawk, Nov 13, 2007 IP
  15. threehundred

threehundred Member

Best Answers:
    If you are going to go with the 10,000 keyword approach, try using YSM and MSN Adcenter instead of Adwords. Unless you know what you are doing, it is hard to get started with a ton of keywords in Google. They require that your keywords be relevant to your ad text and your landing page; This requires a good bit of planning, some excel spreadsheets, Adwords Editor, PHP and MySQL knowledge or a programmer to handle this, SEO knowledge and some time and effort.

YSM and Adcenter are catching up as far as this goes; it used to be much easier to stuff thousands of keywords into adgroups there and get tons of clicks. The limits on keywords per adgroup were very high, like 10,000 i believe.

When you try and stuff 10,000 keywords into Google without breaking them up into individual tightly grouped adgroups, with relevant ad text, relevant display and destination urls (yes this matters), and relevant landing pages, you will get no clicks.

threehundred, Nov 13, 2007 IP
  16. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, I literally don't have time to coach someone on a personal level, but I don't mind offering as much help as possible.

Perhaps you could elaborate on what you've been trying (non specifics of course) and I could offer decent suggestions?

scottmweaver, Nov 13, 2007 IP
  17. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Congrats!

With $600, I'd suggest you stick with advertising to the US only and stick to the search network vs the content network. As far as offers, you might want to try the smaller offers (free downloads) that don't require any information to be entered. That way, you can maintain a higher eCPC. However, with 'free downloads' and such that have a low payout rate, you want to keep your bids low (as close to $0.10 as possible). This means, you may have to use Yahoo/MSN/etc instead of Adwords to maintain any kind of decent profit. Additionally, if you're just starting out, you should put in a considerable amount of time bulking up on keywords for each offer.

Overall, it sounds like you're off on the right foot. Working with products that have the least amount of competition is usually a great strategy, but just keep in mind that there's a reason for the small amount of competition. Usually, this means low traffic and therefore, low daily conversions. But as long as you work on getting a decent amount of these offers, you'll find it works out great.

I hope that helps a bit.

18. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Rick,

If I were you, I would invest in a very generic (and short) domain name and use subdomains (xyz.domain.com) as your landing pages. (e.g. DictionaryToolbar.xyz.com). However, I have heard that this doesn't bode well with AdWords but I am definitely not the expert when it comes to Google AdWords, so definitely do your own research on that. On the whole, though, I have had some decent success with using one domain for multiple offers, as long as I create a unique landing page for each different product. As far as getting your domain(s) ranked, having one domain to get spidered is definitely easier than two, three, etc.

There are some things you just need individual domains for though. Especially in the case of a domain that has a bad history with Google. For domains like these, you'll automatically have a lower quality score and therefore, you'll have to pay more for your minimum bids for your keywords to stay active. It's just bad. But as long as you develop a good history with your domain name, it should work out fine.

Hope that helps,
    Scott

19. danfirst

danfirst Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thx. I've tried offers like auto insurance quotes and vegas travel offers.
    Both I have lost a few hundred bucks without a single lead.

Do you think that these niches are just too competitive? What niches do you recommend someone to start at, other than the free download offers.

danfirst, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  20. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    You're pretty much right. It sounds like you've found basically what works and you just need to work on reducing your ad spend.

I'm glad you aren't shutting everything down the second you're in the red though. As much as it pains you, you should stick with it and it will pay off in the end.

scottmweaver, Nov 14, 2007 IP