1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do YOU believe in evolution?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by astup1didiot, Oct 29, 2007.

?

Do you believe in evolution?

Poll closed Nov 28, 2007.
  1. Yes

111 vote(s)
    75.5%
  2. No

36 vote(s)
    24.5%
  1. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    Great video in your sig, i have it on my site as well

sb1234, Nov 5, 2007 IP
    robjones likes this.
  2. homeloans1

homeloans1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, PM sent. :) Try to download The History Channel UFO files, they are excellent. :)

homeloans1, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  3. GMROCKS

GMROCKS Active Member

Best Answers:
    Atheism is lack of belief in a higher being, other than yourself.

I still consider it a religion because you are in a way worshiping yourself, or money, sex, drugs, other things.
    It is still a matter of personal preference.

GMROCKS, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  4. homeloans1

homeloans1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not atheist then, i believe in aliens. ;) (cf my avatar, sig).

According to my non-Evolution theory (established last week-end), humans came from another planet. I've seen a scientific conference (posted here) on traces of an Ancient Civilization of human origin from Mars.

I'm not pro-Evolution or anti-Evolution.

robjones likes this.
  5. alstar70

alstar70 Peon

Best Answers:
    No I don't have my own scientific theory. I do however understand that we humans understand very little.

Take gravity for example - we know its effects
    - we can explain it is as a formula

but we can't control it; we can't reverse its effects
    - whereas with electrical attraction we can reverse the charge/polarity thus even reverse the effect or cancel its power, we can create it, harness it, transport it, etc. [Look at a master like Nikolai Tesla who's shoulders we are still standing on today (you can thank him for the computer your typing on - he also propose a wireless world - imagine the difference if power did not come via wires - and instead worked like your wireless mouse, headphones, wireless internet connection - unfortunately the power companies wanted control and thus we have power via power lines)].

But I get aside from the point - the point is we can't control gravity and this tells me we know stuff all about gravity - we don't really understand it and it requires so much more research. You can observe it or you like - drop the apple all day long - do you know more about it????

Likewise to those who claim THEIR observations prove their theories - seeing your observations are so right and powerful, please explain gravity to me - what causes it? How to cancel its affects? How to strengthen or weaken it? Because we all know we can observe it - but can we really understand it.

alstar70, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  6. homeloans1

homeloans1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a question for DP members.

If traces of an Ancient Civilization (of human origin) on Mars were to be confirmed by more scientists, and accepted by the NASA, would it affect your views on evolution?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u-20g7Bwdw

7. alstar70

alstar70 Peon

Best Answers:
    It would need serious rethinking on both the part of evolutionists and traditional religion. It would not disprove either, but certainly impact on their views.

alstar70, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  8. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I also got a question for you. Scientists believe that a while back Mars was fully covered in water. This belief is held despite the fact there wasn't a signle drop of water ever discovered on Mars.

Yet, the Earth is more than 70% covered in water and scientists dodn't believe there ever was a flood that covered it entirely.

When this point was presented to me it made me question "science" even more.

proteindude, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  9. homeloans1

homeloans1 Peon

Best Answers:
    If evolution is indeed how we became who we are now, we must ask ourselves why monkeys still exist. From what i've learnt at school when i was a little boy, the human race came from monkeys and chimps.

Genetic disease?

[​IMG]

10. GMROCKS

GMROCKS Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would say that it's impossible and must have been staged or something.
    :p
    It has happened before.

GMROCKS, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  11. homeloans1

homeloans1 Peon

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. math20

math20 Peon

Best Answers:
    Speciation, and we didn't come from chimps, we share a common ancestor with them.

math20, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  13. homeloans1

homeloans1 Peon

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

14. math20

math20 Peon

Best Answers:
    Why do you keep posting these pictures?

math20, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  15. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    it's very simple. There are still sheep for 3 reasons.
    1. they are herd animals, they have evolved to be herd animals because there is safety in numbers.
    2. Not all locations where there are sheep are there wolves
    3. they have been domesticated for thousands of years.

I'm glad you owned up for these being "your words" because hopefully you will take personal responsibility for how facile the point was.

What next? why are there ants when ants are so small and ant eaters are so big?

sb1234 address the points raised or stop talking.

stOx, Nov 6, 2007 IP
  16. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you give yourself merit badges?

proteindude, Nov 6, 2007 IP
  17. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, if i did id have to give you "try harder next time" badges, And i just don't have the time to make as many as you would need.

stOx, Nov 6, 2007 IP
  18. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    Hey Stox, why is it when someone comes to the table with obviously a good amount of scientific knowledge. You ignore his comments? Care to rebuttal? Could the case be, you cant debate someone that may know more then you? This guy above sounds like he has some pretty good reasons why evolution is a flawed theory, yet you ignore his comments and move on to someone else.

Alstar has brought up quite a few issues, why dont you take a stab at responding to them?

sb1234, Nov 6, 2007 IP
  19. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Mutations - tend to be non beneficial and result in the death of the organism
    Yes, tend to be. They aren't exclusively non beneficial though.

Genomes - most people fail to acknowledge the already vast variety within select genomes - i.e. dogs - no 'new' genetic material but by selective breeding a huge varieties of expression within the same genetic material.
    The genetics of different breeds of dog are different.

Vast holes in the fossil record
    Fossil formation is actually incredibly rare. not all animals become fossils. Also we aren't able to excavate every square inch of the planet. But having said that the fossil record is improving all the time. just because there are gaps now doesn't mean there will be as many gaps in the future.

Serious questions over dating methods
    What does that have to do with evolution? (even though dating methods are fairly accurate now)

Latest developments in genetic research show changes only when intellectual input is applied
    No it doesn't.

now sb1234, you show the same courtesy and address the issues raised, or are you going to cowardly hide behind someone else's arguments again?

stOx, Nov 6, 2007 IP
  20. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    Ok, Of course your above questions are true. Evolution, from my understanding requires a lot more then that though

The findings you have written about do not prove evolution. Now if they didnt find them, it would totally disprove it.

That finding is just a stitch in the fabricated theory of evolution. Your going to need quite a few more to prove the theory

These are just observations from a person with common knowledge of the theory. I have never claimed to be a scientist an any way. Matter of fact with the many differences in oppinions within the scientific community, i dont see how anyone could be an expert. I bring to the table the other theory, which explains everything, of course it requires you to believe in a God. And when Satan comes for you, because he will, you try your theory with him.

Your responce to Alstar was really weak by the way

sb1234, Nov 6, 2007 IP