1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need advice on problems with directory designer?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by mopguy, Sep 10, 2007.

1. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    post deleted

malcolm1, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  2. syted

syted Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ha, it was tangible enough to them when they took their slice of the payment. :mad:

syted, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  3. mopguy

mopguy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Aspidov is still not responding to the dispute/claim.

He's truly a scammer. Look at this thread where he's looking for more victims. http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=470221

Will my Paypal account be affected if I proceed to file a chargeback once the claim is ruled against me?

mopguy, Sep 20, 2007 IP
  4. Boxfullofjoel

Boxfullofjoel Peon

Best Answers:

I am a newbie member, but I have the same problem with ASPIDOV. I contacted Paypal they claim I was outside the 45 day period to file a complaint.

It would be nice to know how many people are involved or If anyone has communicated with him the last 7-10 days.

Boxfullofjoel, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  5. mauiman

mauiman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This seems like an appropriate time to give 'smub' a proper "shout out" for designing my directory for me. He ran a little over schedule, but ALWAYS responded quickly to my emails. He was professional and courteous. My submissions have increased post design change despite the recent turmoil.

He's even sent me some good traffic by adding my site to his blog.

You can find him and his work here:
    Genuine Paid Directory

thanks Smub!
    -----
    this was not a paid for ad...

mauiman, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  6. mauiman

Best Answers:
    I have a hard time believing he's a scammer. He's been around a long time and has done some great work for people.

I choose to believe he's at worst very irresponsible like a lot of technical types who try to be entrepreneurs. At best he's been kidnapped and held for ransom by a group of sex crazed hot babes.

I'm not making excuses for his lousy business practices, but there's a big difference between scammers and awful business people.

mauiman, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  7. mopguy

mopguy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh com'on. take a look at the time this thread is created and his last log on time, as well as the last thread by him.

It's not just me who's facing this problem.

mopguy, Sep 22, 2007 IP
    JoyGoRound likes this.
  8. jminscoe

jminscoe Peon

Best Answers:
    Just my 2 cents but he a 19 year old kid maybe he just got in over his head and hates to admit it and is embarrased as far as the money goes I think he should give it back or complete the job

jminscoe, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  9. mauiman

Best Answers:
    My thoughts exactly.

He stands to lose FAR more money by "scamming" someone and losing dozens of potential clients so I doubt that's what's happening here. There is a huge difference between a scam and treating a client like crap. Both obviously will result in lost revenues, but I maintain my opinion that he's not crooked... maybe a little warped, but not a crook.

I hope he proves me right and does the right thing when he comes out of his cave.

mauiman, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  10. msolution

msolution Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i have had no business experience with this person,
    but I have had some chats with him on YM,
    and he did NOT sound like a sca*** to me,

he has good rep, and gr8 iTraders! i think giving him time is justified,

perhaps he's out of town, perhaps he met with an accident, perhaps is simply sick!
    life is life, loads of permutations around!

Last Activity: Sep 13th 2007 5:13 am

if NO one has seen him after the above date, i think he should be given more time,

Rest i support BritishGuy, lets refrain from posting on this thread, till someone sees him around!

Everyone should be given time to explain himself,
    and not be prosecuted for absense!

Regards,
    M.
    PS: i have just left him messages on YM,

msolution, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  11. mopguy

mopguy Active Member

Best Answers:
    He has logged on to DP forum for quite a few times after this thread is started. Therefore, there is more than enough time for him to provide an explanation but never did we see anything. Before I started this thread, I have also waited for 2 weeks without news.

In his last thread created 2 weeks ago, he's still trying to get more biz/$ by selling scripts. So what does that speak?

I find it hard to believe at first because it was based on his past reputation/itrader/reviews that I have decided to select him. Now it's already almost a month without a reply from him. I guess I have given him enough time/chance.

Anyway, he has also not responded to the paypal claim and the claim has been decided in my favor. I've got back my money.

Thanks everyone for the input. Life still goes on. :)

mopguy, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  12. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    mopguy, im curious, did you get this sorted?

pipes, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  13. mopguy

mopguy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nope. Not a news from aspidov but I have got back the money through Paypal claim. There are quite a few who pm-ed me that they did not get back the money because the claim was ruled against them (because of more than 45 days).

I have already finished 70-80% of the template myself though. Guess it's still better to do it myself.

Thanks for asking. :)

mopguy, Oct 2, 2007 IP
    pipes likes this.
  14. templates

templates Notable Member

Best Answers:
    he still has not responded to me either and he still owes me $250 for work never done..its in my CC hands now and i think they are going to try and take legal action because of his fraudlent actions...If someone works with him,they have to be crazy

templates, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  15. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Im very pleased that you got back the money, im sorry to hear of the trouble you experienced, its a shame the others lost their money.

Thats cool that your getting it done yourself, as they say, if you want a job done properly, do it yourself. ;)

It just shows even some so called established members cant be trusted.

pipes, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  16. LanceT22

LanceT22 Peon

Best Answers:
    It really is too bad that things have turned out the way that they have and that Aspidov has not replied to this thread. He is an extremely talented designer if not a great business person (yes, I had problems with him, but my projects were eventually delivered). Just saddens me that someone would throw away soo much business and ruin their reputation when a "simple" explanation could have "bought" him time and let him continue business here with his reputation in tack. :(

Lance

LanceT22, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  17. squeaky

squeaky Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just wanted to let people know that I have heard from Aspidov, and he is making a effort to make good on the transaction that we agreed upon.

squeaky, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  18. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes thats good news and don't worry Serg is a Top Guy and will fix you up for sure :)

britishguy, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  19. templates

templates Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i saw he made a post saying he was back,but has made no contact with me,nor did he reply to a PM i did..wonder why?

templates, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  20. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It maybe is because he said he could not get started on any work until November 14th

But I am not him, I am only going on the note he sent me saying that date

Maybe best contact him again because my understanding is he wants to resolve all his outstanding commitments

britishguy, Nov 5, 2007 IP