1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Confused about dalits in India

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by login, Nov 4, 2007.

How is it possible in India to have a group of people like the dalits and treat them like shit, thats how they are treated in India by the government and others.
    Is that because the indian people are stupid idiots that dont care about others or what? I dont think they are, but one can start to wonder whats going on on their heads.

login, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  2. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Are you Indian? If not what do you know about Caste system in India?

You don't dare calling Dalit shits.. Because they are our Kings, Our Masters. We are Slaves. We pay taxes so that they can shit on our heads.

And you know what? They are very intelligent, way too intelligent. That's why we have a provision that for any seat in university, Job or anywhere in government funded organizations, if the minimum criteria for general public (Read dumb heads like me) is 70% marks or more, A dalit student/aspirant will get the pass with 45% marks. See, they have shit loads of intelligence...

And they are very special too... If there are 10 seats available 4 of them will be reserved to them, 2 of the remaining will be reserved to someone special like them (Scheduled Tribes), and we, upper caste, piece of junks will compete against the remaining 4 seats (And we are in so called fucking majority)..

Treat them like shit? Hell,I feel being treated like shit every time I go and see a doctor, pay my taxes, go for an interview in any government funded organization and many occasions like this.

They even get a pass when they kill us, Naxalite Revolution anyone?

No one dares to call them terrorists. Because, 'Fuck you, upper caste, they are dalits. How can they be terrorists.. Ohh yeah, lets call them Naxals. You are terrorists, you piece of crap, upper caste asshole'

So to tell you what? They aint being treated like shit.. It's upper caste people.. We are shit anyways...

So Login, American, European whatever you are, Take care of your own shit.
    Leave our Masters alone. Shit, we love their shit.

The Webmaster, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  3. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thats really a bunch of crap :D Sounds like its people like you that are preserving the system like it is now.

Why is dalits the poor ones?

login, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  4. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    The whole thing is a bunch of crap, congratulations, you figured that out very soon.

If it was upto me, I would have fucked the whole system long ago. I would have scraped it. I would have made it illegal to mention or ask the caste of anyone. It's politicians, who are preserving the caste system. Because, nothing is more fruitful than to get upper caste and lower caste fucking up with each other.. Hell, it drives lotta vote, yeah hell lotta votes..

Because they choose to.

Because they turn a blind eye towards their mentors, fighters for Dalit rights, motherfucking politicians.

They choose to ignore that these politicians, when started playing in politics were no better than them. But after few years, these politicians, their wives/husbands/keeps, sons, daughters and heck even their dogs and cows own a palace, a Mercedes, and a fat bank account, accounting millions of bucks.

They choose to ignore that killing upper caste people is not going to solve their problem.

They choose to ignore that for last 60 years reservation hasn't done any-fucking-thing good for them. And it's not going to do anything. Still they are ready to die and kill for it.

They choose to ignore that they are playing puppets in the hands of politicians

They choose to ignore that no one but they, themselves, can make their situation better.

Heck, thats why they are poor.

And we are poor because we pay taxes so that our Masters can play puppet again and make their mentors, Dalit rights fighters, people like Laloo Prasad Yadav and their wives, sons, daughters, dogs and cows rich.

So at the end, Indian economics is thriving, but India is poor...

5. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As I mentioned in my first post many indians will not allow dalits to get certain privileges. So how should the dalits integrate in the other indian population and get jobs, good houses and become the equal to middle class to have a balanced society?

Around the world, the eye is put on human rights for underprivileged people, when the world asks what India is doing for the dalits, what will the indian government answer?

login, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  6. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    The total expenditure in the Budget of Rs 6253.04 crore ($ 1,563,250,000 USD approx) for the Dalits/Year.

The money comes from tax payers, us. We pay taxes so that our government can keep our masters happy so that our masters can make their puppet masters rich.
    Yeah, we dont want them to get certain privileges, that is why we pay our hard earned money in taxes that goes to them, supposedly making their situation better.
    We provide them more than 50%(collectively to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Class) reservation in education and jobs, so that they can get educated and have jobs to make themselves better.
    We even go out of the way and allow them to break laws, to kill, to demonstrate violently, trashing public property, blocking traffics and disturbing our lives while asking for more.

Yes we do not want them to get certain privileges, I'm just uncertain what those certain privileges are, exactly.

7. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    $ 1,563,250,000 USD is a very very small amount of money when there are 200 million dalits. That is $8 for each dalit/year. Thats nothing.

Is there any indan people here with a balanced view on dalits? Or are there any dalits here?
    According to The Webmaster dalits are very privileged so I am sure many dalits have computers and are web masters.

login, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  8. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Ohhh dear, thats the direct expenditure of the Social Justice and Empowerment Ministry.

If you put the collective expenditure of the central government Budget together, it will come to Planned expenditure of Rs 5,14,343.8 crore and the non-Plan expenditure of Rs 3,70,847.02 crore. Along with the different ongoing state government plans.

And this expenditure doesn't include the reservation provided to them in Education and Jobs..

Why doesn't this work? the huge sum of money being spend on them every year but no progress why?

Because, heck I have already answered that. The whole system is a bunch of crap. there is no problem in the welfare system, the whole welfare system is a problem.

And down the line, in next 60 years, India may become a super power, but Dalits will remain the same, because there is no will power in the welfare ministry, in the government, in politicians, and in Dalits themselves to make it better.

They enjoy being so called 'unprivileged' because it gives them the feeling of being special.

There are many filthy rich 'unprivileged dalits', they do not need any fucking thing from government, yet they will run after the plans, they will take benefits of reservation and social projects. Why? because heck, they are dalits, because they born Dalit, because their caste is Dalit..

So as long as the definition of Dalit will remain based on caste, which is based on birth, the problem is going to stay there, forever...

9. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    In your eager to tell how badly you are treated by the government and the dalits dont forget to tell that dalits also are getting killed and that rapes of dalit woman is accepted in many communities.

Some history:

Traditionally, Dalits were not allowed to let their shadows fall upon a non-Dalit caste member and they were required to sweep the ground where they walk to remove the 'contamination' of their footfalls. Dalits were forbidden to worship in temples or draw water from the same wells as caste Hindus, and they usually lived in segregated neighborhoods outside the main village.

login, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  10. homeloans1

homeloans1 Peon

Best Answers:
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2003/06/0602_030602_untouchables.html
    :eek::eek::eek:

[​IMG]

homeloans1, Nov 4, 2007 IP
    login likes this.
  11. champ_rock

champ_rock Peon

Best Answers:
    frankly, i would not agree with The Webmaster who is thinking of present terms only. he is only taking the current situation in mind and too is limited by a geographical limitation (of considering at max his neighbourhood areas)

if u go to villages etc where mindset is still pretty orthodox, dalits are still treated badly

champ_rock, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  12. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Not really, Yes I'm talking of the current terms only because its no brainier that in the past Dalits (or Harijans) were treated badly by Jamindars (Upper caste rulers).. But in the present day, in modern India, there are Dalit MPs, MLAs, and even ministers.

in the last 60 years, countless sum of money has been spent on Dalits, countless plans have been made, but the situation remained more or less same. Why?

I do not talk upon my experience of luxurious neighborhood of Delhi. I work with a social welfare society, I work with a women welfare society, I work with an animal welfare society, I even worked with RSS. I traveled a lot in India in many remote villages to study and to work for the betterment of the Dalits, Women and the poor.

Everyone is so eager to make Dalits so unprivileged that they ignore the logic.
    In the era of political correctness, no one cares for a working plan that can really help them.

We love to chant that Dalits are unprivileged, despite spending of thousands of crores on them every year.

We love to discuss how Dalits were treated badly by upper catse people.

We love to blame that how evil upper caste people are.

We love to find where are the problems in the welfare system.

But We are so ignorant that we love to ignore that the whole welfare system is a problem.

We love to ignore that truth and ground work is more important than political correctness.

We love to ignore that not all dalits are unprivileged and not all upper caste people are born with a silver spoon.

We love to ignore that governments, for last 60 years, made and widened the gap between people.

We love to ignore that every dalit raped, isn't the case of unprivileged dalits, sometimes its mere pervertness and dalits too rape and kill upper caste people. No not in revenge, but in prevertness. A dalit woman being raped gets the headline, a dalit murder gets the headline. But when a dalit rapes upper caste women no one puts emphasis that a 'DALIT' raped an 'UPPER CASTE' woman.

We love to ignore that reservation is not doing any good to dalits except making the gap between lower and upper caste people wide.

heck there is an endless list of our ignorance, and because India is a country of ignorants, there are dalits, and they are unprivileged, and we upper caste people are evil. No fucking matter what we do for dalits.

Thank you for reading my such crap/rant...

13. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The webmaster. Did anybody here say here that the upper caste are evil, only you mentioned that. You are defending the upper caste when you have not been attacked. That tells me that you yourself blame the upper class of the unprivileged dalits.
    You talk about all the money spend that did not work. So what, I talk about the misery of the dalits, regardless on how much money there is spend on them they are in big misery.
    You dont offer one single solution to solve what you think is a problem. You are only telling us how bad the dalits are and how bad the government are and how much we should feel petty for the upper caste.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBxy1R0jitM

Dalits are treated like the blacks in South Africa during the apartheid.

login, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  14. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    yeah I don't think so, if they are on DP then most likely they are of a higher caste

could be wrong, maybe someone will post to show

What caste are you webmaster?

ferret77, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  15. champ_rock

champ_rock Peon

Best Answers:
    Ever bothered to look at percentage of these people? and if reservations were not there then what percent they would have had? i am quite sure one or two here and there only because they are still very poor

Ever bothered to see the poverty figures in India? proverty has been continuosly declining. the basic fact is that they were so poor and backward that even after such expenditure they are still not equal to upper castes. this point itself contradicts ur first argument that they were enjoying on tax payers money

Really? i must say this argument and that dalits are well off cannot be true. what u are eventually saying is that the whole planning of India is fraud. the whole census from 1950 to 2001 is fraud.

Ever bothered to compare some holistic stats? lets say percentage of dalit women getting raped by upper class ppl vs. upper class women getting raped by dalits?? also, most of such cases are not even registered in villages etc because the police officers simply are too lax. they dont bother to hear the plea of the poor/dalits/uninfluencial

again, care to look at percentages of the same and i think u will get the answer. what u are arguing are very exceptional and extreme cases

widening the gap. u urself defeat ur own argument. widening the gap clearly shows that poor are getting poorer and rich are getting richer
    also, i would partially agree with u as when u look at the Human Development Report of India, u will find steady improvement (i am not saying that it is sufficient)

we also love to ignore the fact that most of them cannot afford education which we upper caste ppl take for granted. they cant take tuitions which we take for getting admissions to various institutes . most of them cant even buy books

couldnt have been put more truly. i am surprised that such a Capitalistic view can also exist.

login likes this.
  16. Software_outsourcing

Software_outsourcing Peon

Best Answers:

You are talking about history, login. Currently the situation is totally different and it is the upper caste people who are facing the heat. India's most poplous state has a dalit chief Minister . To your surpise she had blessings of the most riducled upper caste " Brahmin " support. Don't read history read current affairs if you want to discuss any current problem

Software_outsourcing, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  17. champ_rock

champ_rock Peon

Best Answers:
    once again exceptions dont make trends. One CM and what happens to all the rest of the states ? if lets say dalit population is 20% of total population, then atleast 20% of states should have dalit CMs right?

also, i think mayawati is not a true representative of dalit community as a whole. in such a way u can pick the poorest of the poor upper caste and say that "see this is the condition of upper castes in India" .. single cases do not make trends

18. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am not talking about history. There is big current problems for the dalits. But the problem was even bigger before, you are 100% right on that. Its good that you bring that to the table because it shows that it helps to fight. And the international society is just starting to recognize the problem. In the coming years India will face a huge pressure from the international community to better the situation.

login, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  19. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Yes

Yes
    Who said Dalits are well off?

No, and No

No and rest is your speculations that it happens only with dalits...

Neither exceptional nor extreme.. It's common in everyday.
    Poor have their shares in every caste and so are the rich.
    If you think poor upper caste and rich dalits are rare in India then you have no fucking idea.

Don't be so happy. I know what I'm talking about.

I'm not talking about rich getting richer and poor getting poorer. I'm talking about the mental gap, acceptance gap.

Fucking taken for granted..
    Go to a village and see the farmers. You wont be able to tell the difference between Dalit and upper caste. They all are equally poor.

Go to a small towns where you will find educated people working for 2000 bucks a month. And tell them that they can afford tuitions and books.

It's not Captalistic view, it's practical view. You won't be able to understand that, unless you sake the delusion off your head.

20. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    The problem is there because there is a willingness to keep the problem there.
    It's not a rocket science.

If you are even slightly aware of the depth of Indian politics and it's history of 60 years, you would know what I mean.

The caste system is the basis of elections. Political parties seek candidates of the same caste which is in the majority in the given constitutional area.

The caste system drives votes and victory. Its the base of analysis. It's the base of Politics.

If they get rid on the problem i.e. caste system, why would anyone vote for them?

As I said dalits are playing puppets in the hands of politicians. They want to to keep them in their misery so that next time they again vote for them.

The problem is not very hard to eliminate, but the current solution of this problem itself is the problem.

Yeah..lol
    As if international community is going to vote in Indian elections...