1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

šëx.com - give me your appraisals

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by daryo, Nov 3, 2007.

What do you say ? It's an IDN :)
    Registered today, on dynadot
    How much is it worth ?

daryo, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  2. Matbell

Matbell Guest

Best Answers:
    thats a gr8 domain man

i say mid xxxx , but i say u brand it urself instead of selling it

it will bring in more income

Matbell, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  3. MeetHere

MeetHere Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What is IDN ??

MeetHere, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  4. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Internationalized domain name.

"An internationalized domain name (IDN) is an Internet domain name that (potentially) contains non-ASCII characters. Such domain names could contain letters with diacritics, as required by many European languages, or characters from non-Latin scripts such as Arabic or Chinese. "

Kerosene, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  5. Dwaighty

Dwaighty Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many combinations for this word usig non-ASCII characters, so don't get very excited about registering it.

šèx, šêx, šéx, sèx, sêx, séx.

Dwaighty, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  6. daryo

daryo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But most are taken ;)
    Thanks for the appraisals guys :)

daryo, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  7. killaklown

killaklown Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    reg fee. Same with all domains with those letters.

killaklown, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  8. Codythebest

Codythebest Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Reg fee or less...

Codythebest, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  9. daryo

daryo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    my friend sold 2 IDN domains, all variants of sex.com for 100$ each on ebay... They are worth a lot!

daryo, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  10. Philopoemen

Philopoemen Peon

Best Answers:
    I doubt this domain has any value to it.
    Yes, you can sell it for a couple hundred bucks, but the buyer will be simply excited to get his hands on this, later he will realize the mistake :)

Generic domains have value for their type-in traffic. I doubt someone will open their browser and write the URL with their Character Map open.

Philopoemen, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  11. Nosfer

Nosfer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it's a good domain.. but if it could be without those diacritics.. like this.. i don't know what's how to value it.

Nosfer, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  12. MeetHere

MeetHere Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    who will type ascii characters to browse your site :D
    Reg fee only.

MeetHere, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  13. Fka200

Fka200 Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure if you're joking or being serious. ASCII = all letters A-Z and numbers 0-9. Our "standard" domains are currently using ASCII... so.....:confused:

Mid xxxx is a bit over the top if this domain does not get traffic. It's not "WOW" time for IDNs to get traffic, but if this is getting anything from lets say ~100+ visitors/month, then it can be worth money and SHOULD be held on to. DON'T sell it now if it is getting good traffic.

It's one thing to get a random combination and/or PHISHING domain. It's another to get one that actually means something in a language. I'm not sure if this means anything in any language, but you are correct. If it doesn't mean anything and doesn't get traffic, not worth anything.

Tell that to some of my IDNs making xxx/month.

Well not worth a lot if they are phishing domains. A lot of people that "start" with IDNs buy bullsh!t domains that look like valuable ASCII (english) domains. Pure garbage. Go pick up a word in a language like Arabic, Russian, Hebrew, French/Spanish/Italian/German/Etc (with accent), Hindi, etc. and you will see what I mean.

You are 100% right. The point you are missing out is that people in other countries DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH. And, I don't know if you forgot, but people in other countries can type in other languages! Their keyboards can type in these languages just like I am typing in English right now. To get a little more in detail, people in these other countries search in their own languages... NOT in English. This is where these domains are valuable. These domains are NOT focused on English speakers... DUH! Just because cars.com is valuable to you, it doesn't mean anything to someone who has no idea what cars means. Instead, someone in Japan will see more value in 車... OR 車.com/.jp. Make any sense? If not, seriously... PM me. I'm just trying to make a point clear that SO MANY neglect to see.

Quick Example:

Using Japanese Overture, you can get a good idea-- (http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/?mkt=jp)

車 had 147,336 searches
    Cars had 5892 searches

HUGE difference.

As you can see, IDNs are NOT meant for English speakers damnit. This is this point not a lot of people understand. They are meant for LOCALS in another language. Just cause you cannot type it in using your keyboard, doesn't mean someone else CAN'T! Now my logic behind this is: If you can't read Korean or such, why would you even care about being able to access a website that's ALL in Korean (through type-in)? It won't really change your life. But for someone who types and reads in Korean and lives in Korea, these websites will be valuable.

For example:

핸드폰.com -> "cell phone" in Korean. Sold for $42,250

Obviously the Koreans see the value in owning their domains. (http://whois.domaintools.com/xn--hy1bj30dt7a.com)

Anyone want anymore information? I'm only here to help, not criticize or preach. We're all here to help one another. I started a huge thread about this a while ago, not much seemed interested in public, but I got a ton of PMs.

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=494753&highlight=idn

Fka200, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  14. Philopoemen

Philopoemen Peon

Best Answers:
    I know what IDNs are, and I understand their value.

Can you tell me what language is this written in? - " šëx " ? Is there a language that spells this word with these characters?

Philopoemen, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  15. Fka200

Fka200 Guest

Best Answers:
    That's where the final question comes up!

Results 1 - 10 of about 621 for "šëx"

Fka200, Nov 3, 2007 IP
    CourageTheCowardlyDog likes this.
  16. daryo

daryo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Fka200 for your post ;) That will help a lot of people to realize that IDN's with some sense are worth some money :)

Thanks again!

daryo, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  17. Codythebest

Codythebest Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Woaw...That's 100 less than " sac a dos par terre a plat mal range " !?! :eek:

So I guess sacadosparterreaplatmalrange.com has 100 times more value...:rolleyes:

Codythebest, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  18. killaklown

killaklown Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm, well thats the last time i give a free appraisal on DP, you just get flamed for it if someone doesnt like it.

killaklown, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  19. Fka200

Fka200 Guest

Best Answers:
    The only problem I had with your appraisal was the "Same with all domains with those letters."

A good explanation as to why buying domains with accents is good/worth it would have made sense with it, but to just knock down everything with an accent is not right. You're obviously entitled to your opinion, but it would be great to give an appraisal, especially one that says reg fee, with an explanation. We get a lot of those on the board but no one backs up why. If you have any experience, please, share with us (no sarcasm, I'm being serious--as someone who started buying domains with accents/non english characters, I'd just like to know why they all aren't worth anything).

My point with the low results was it probably doesn't mean anything (not a word... just characters put together to make it look like the real word sex).

Fka200, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  20. Soccerplayur012

Soccerplayur012 Peon

Best Answers:
    reg fee at best.

Soccerplayur012, Nov 3, 2007 IP