1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Require Proof Readers

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by clookid, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hey everyone,

I am in need of high quality proof readers that are able to proof read for no more than $9 per hour. I currently have 70 articles that require proof reading and another 40 will be coming in, in the next 4 days. All of the articles are either related to building or DIY.

You should be able to proof read a minimum of 8 articles per hour, if not, I am afraid that I will need to lower your rates. You must understand how to use commas, semicolons (and any other basic elements of grammar) correctly, and all articles must follow the same format of those that are already published at http://www.ihowd.com. This means that you will need to remove any un-needed sub-headings, change the capitalization of the listed materials/tools, alter the instructions section etc.

Before I employ you as a proof reader, I will need you to proof read a single article at no cost. I will then use the article as a sample, and point out any mistakes that I noticed after proof reading it. If there are more mistakes than I had expected, I am afraid that I will need to give you the boot.

If it is up to standard, I will send you an additional five (I will pay for these) and I will give them another proof read on completion. Again, I will point out any noticed mistakes and may need to give you the boot if there are too many errors remaining.

As I will be trusting you with unique, quality articles, you must have an iTrader of at least 10 before you apply. Please do not come to the thread and make a post saying something along the lines of "i proof read 4u,i native english speaker". Make sure that your post contains proper grammar, otherwise I will not even consider you.

Best regards,
    -Charles

clookid, Nov 1, 2007 IP
    Muhammad Haris likes this.
  2. Lordy

Lordy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    How many words per article?

also, i kan red 4 u, i m born in us !!! :p

Lordy, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  3. clookid

clookid Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Each article varies from 400 - 600 words. I cannot even understand the bottom phrase, so I am not sure whether it is a joke or whether you are being serious. Please send me a PM if you are interested. :)

clookid, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  4. Muhammad Haris

Muhammad Haris Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sending PM!

Muhammad Haris, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  5. clookid

clookid Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks Haris, I have just sent your first assignment.

robusto has also applied, and completed his first assignment. I have now sent back the re-edited version (highlighted with mistakes).

clookid, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  6. Lordy

Lordy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sending you PM now too.

Lordy, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  7. SuviCyriacNadakuzhackal

SuviCyriacNadakuzhackal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I could give it a try. Only thing I am not sure is whether I could do 4800 word articles every hour.That seems a little too much to me. I could find it out only if I give it a try.

suvi

8. clookid

clookid Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @robusto - Thank you for making the partial delivery. I have sent back a revised version (the edits have been highlighted). I look forward to receiving the next two articles in the next delivery. I will issue the payment on completion. :)

@Metalwarrior - Thank you for delivering your first assignment. I have sent you a revised version of the document (the edits have been highlighted). I will shortly assign you a new assignment after discussing rates.

@Lordy - An email has been sent along with your first assignment.

@SuviCyriacNadakuzhackal - I will happily hire you, we can sort out a fixed rate (I am currently offering robusto $0.80 per article). Please send me a PM with your email address.

@Muhammad Haris - I look forward to receiving the revised copy of the article.

Thanks for such a wonderful amount of response -- I am still looking at taking on more proof readers. :)

Edit: Lordy has just handed in his first assignment and wowzers, only a single error was spotted. Your next assignment has been sent.

clookid, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  9. SuviCyriacNadakuzhackal

SuviCyriacNadakuzhackal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Do you mean 80 cents per 400 to 600 word article?
    Are you paying through paypal?

10. clookid

clookid Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    To proof read, not to write. The rate will increase, depending on the quality of your services. Yes, I am paying via PayPal.

clookid, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  11. MiCCAS

MiCCAS Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I can proof read these for you as well if you'd like. Please see PM.

MiCCAS, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  12. clookid

clookid Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have just assigned you your first article. Best of luck. :)

clookid, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  13. CU_Designs

CU_Designs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1

My native language is English. But what exactly is your standard? I ask because you've got errors in your own post above and rather odd errors. I put just a "few" of them in red. There are actually more errors throughout your post, however, I chose to not mark them all. What gets me is you want people to apply making sure their "post contains proper grammar," and yet your post doesn't even do it. I think you may have done your best because it's apparent you were attempting to set some sort of example of what you see as "proper grammar," right? Now I can understand if you are going to have someone who does use proper grammar double check the work of high quality proofreaders, but you mentioned that you would be the one doing that. I don't understand that logic. That's like asking a five-year old to grade college term papers. So if a person who's got top of the line grammar applies, then you'd be checking their work by standards lower than theirs. Let's say for example, the word 'proofread' is in an article like 20 times marked as 'proof read'. One of your proofreaders would go in and change them all to its proper form; that being 'proofread' (one word) instead of 'proof read' (two words). And you would in turn come right back around and say you've got 20 errors, marking every changed 'proofread' as an error because you think the word 'proofread' is supposed to be split into two separate words rather than one. That's just one example. So by which standard, are you in essence, grading the proofreading jobs done by those who apply? Because if that's it, then 80 cents per article is way too low for someone who's got higher standards than yourself. In which case, how much would you charge per article for a proofreader with higher standards?

CU_Designs, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  14. jenskrause

jenskrause Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi there,

Born in Germany, I spent the better part of my youth in Singapore and Johor Bahru, Malaysia. I am now living in Hong Kong and have traveled to many cities in China and throughout Asia.

My specialty field of interest and expertise is in the finance area.
    I have an advanced Diploma in Finance and am since a year working as an independent trader in equities, futures and commodities.

Thus I am flexible when it comes to short deadlines.
    If you are interested despite that please get back to me.

Thanks,
    Jens

jenskrause, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  15. Agent_Dweeb

Agent_Dweeb Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Please send me a PM regarding this offer.

Agent_Dweeb, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  16. breeanne

breeanne Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am very interested in this job sent you a pm :)

breeanne, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  17. TemplateMaster

TemplateMaster Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If the slots are still vacant, give me a try!
    I could do a well versed job for you

TemplateMaster, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  18. clookid

clookid Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    How is that a mistake?

That one was a typo.

Also, proof read can be versed as proof read, proofread OR proof-read.

My grammar is not terrible but I can assure you that it is better than others. I am able to verse together articles that do not have grammatical errors, I simply do not have the time. That is why I am hiring you guys. I was not trying to write to set an example, that is simply how I always write (even on Instant Messaging networks; there are plenty of people that will stand up for me for such a point).

As you may well know, there are still places available. If anyone is interested, please send me a PM and I will get everything sorted out tomorrow. Best Regards.

clookid, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  19. CU_Designs

CU_Designs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    My response is marked in the color blue below.

Overall, I am put off by you responding as if you know what you're talking about. And on top of that you completely ignore my question. :rolleyes: Well, all the best and you really need to raise your standards and understanding of what I was saying because you obviously missed it.

CU_Designs, Nov 5, 2007 IP
    AvarianParakeet likes this.
  20. rose8

rose8 Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I would be interested. Please PM me with more details. Thank you.

rose8, Nov 5, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.