1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Did Aliens visit Earth ...... or not? Fact or Fiction? History or Hoax?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by homeloans1, Nov 2, 2007.

?

Do you believe Aliens visited Earth... or not?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No way

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Possible

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. gemini181

gemini181 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "Their conclusions were that at least one alien craft had crashed in the Roswell vicinity, that aliens, some possibly still alive, were recovered, and that a massive cover-up of any knowledge of the incident was put in place."

Something big happened in Roswell, NM.
    • Either there was a real UFO with alien bodies (perhaps one still alive)
    • or
    • The government had reasons to 'act in a manner' which encouraged millions of people to believe something huge was covered up.

Dozens of people swore, 'on their deathbed', the military threatened them with execution if they ever talked about July 1947.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ps.
    If you've ever seen a well-made documentary about Roswell, then you know Something big happened in Roswell, NM., but...

...I did not say it was ET for sure.

[​IMG]

gemini181, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  2. astup1didiot

astup1didiot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It would be self centered to think we are the only planet with life in the universe :)

astup1didiot, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  3. homeloans1

homeloans1 Peon

Best Answers:
    http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg19225780.109-chris-mckay-forecasts-the-future.html

Chris McKay forecasts the future

* 18 November 2006
    * NewScientist.com news service

A "second genesis" of life! In the next 50 years we may find evidence of alien life frozen in the ancient Martian permafrost, perhaps dead but biochemically preserved. We may find it on the surface of Europa. We may find it spewing out of the geysers on Enceladus. The most bizarre thing would be to find life on Titan, growing in liquid methane. There is even a chance we will find alien life forms here on Earth - what some have called a shadow biosphere. How different might alien life be? It might be as different as English is to Chinese.

http://www.newscientist.com/channel/opinion/science-forecasts

Instant Expert: Brilliant Minds Forecast the Next 50 Years

What will be the biggest breakthrough of the next 50 years? As part of our 50th anniversary celebrations we asked over 70 of the world's most brilliant scientists for their ideas.

http://www.newscientist.com/channel...780.078-paul-davies-forecasts-the-future.html

The search for terrestrial aliens has only just begun. If they are here, they could be identified soon. And the discovery that all life on Earth did not, after all, have a common origin would virtually prove that we are not alone in the universe.

homeloans1, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  4. astup1didiot

astup1didiot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think the aliens are already here and they are Ron Paul supporters! :D

astup1didiot, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  5. kentuckyslone

kentuckyslone Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sure! I believe that aliens are real and I also think they have visited the earth for a very long time. Have you ever read anything about the annunaki? According to the annunaki article it is possible that our genes have been influenced by aliens.

kentuckyslone, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  6. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    The Universe is so huge, gigantic...endless, that If we think we are the only intelligent life form, we are simply ignorant. Ofcourse we haven't discovered (Officially) any Alien life form. but that doesn't possibly mean there isn't any.

The Webmaster, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  7. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamerâ„¢

Best Answers:
    Personally I think the odds of aliens visiting Earth are very slim. We only started brodcasting signal in the last century and they could not get very far to alert other worlds we are here so the only way they could have found us is by chance. On top of that the they'd have to have warp capability or something similar to even get here as they could never do it it sub light speed.

The only plausable way I see it happening is if they planted life on Earth and come back to check up on us.

Roman, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  8. cool_78

cool_78 Guest

Best Answers:
    It is a possibility. With billions of stars out there, odds are some of them could harbor intelligent life.

cool_78, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  9. kentuckyslone

Best Answers:
    That is, sort of, the idea behind the annunaki. It is believed by some that the annunaki were real and they came from the planet Nibiru and manipulated genetics to 'create' human beings.

The idea come from ancient Sumeria

kentuckyslone, Nov 2, 2007 IP
  10. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamerâ„¢

Best Answers:
    I don't think it's too far fetched, I do believe there is other life out there, I just think that the odds of an alien race finding us by chance is very remote.

Roman, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  11. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I look at it like this.
    Is there other life? Almost certainly.
    Are some more advanced than us? Almost certainly.
    Are some advanced enough to get here? Almost certainly.
    Would they want to? Almost certainly not.

The human race is plagued by arrogance. First this arrogance lead people to believe that in all the trillions of stars out there ours is the only one orbited by a planet containing life. Now the arrogance makes us assume that if there are alien civilisations they would be interested in us.

If they are out there and they are capable of coming here it's safe to assume that we wouldn't be of any interest to them.

stOx, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  12. kentuckyslone

Best Answers:
    It is not arrogance to assume that any alien life would be interested in us.

It would only be natural that they would be interested in us. Are we not interested in them? Isnt it the nature of most living things to be curious (nosy)? Mankind, even thousands of years ago, was very curious about extraterrestrial life and space travelers. I am sure that any life anywhere with sentience would have the same curiosity.

If there are any aliens "out there" who are sentient and who are (or are not) technologically developed then of course they would be interested.

To go so far as to say that a race of aliens who are actually capable of traveling to earth would have no interest in us is not even logical. If they have achieved that much in technology then of course they would be curious about us or anything else "out there".

kentuckyslone, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  13. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    yes we are interested in them. But think how pathetic we are compared to civilisations that are thousands, or even millions (possibly billions) of years more advanced than us.

They would be about as interested in us as we are in a piece of fluff we find in our belly buttons.

The most they would do is have a quick look, take one for study and then move on.

stOx, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  14. kentuckyslone

Best Answers:
    Well I dont know, we seem to be quite interested in single cell organisms. How fascinated would we be if we discovered a living single cell organism on the moon or Mars or wherever?

Also, how do we know how far they are advanced beyond us? I would guess that - if there are aliens out there - most of them are far behind us in technology and in fact most are probably about as advanced as bacteria. However there are bound to be some that are just as advanced or even more so than us.

kentuckyslone, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  15. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sure the first time this advanced alien species found life on another planet they were beyond fascinated. But it's highly unlikely that we will be the fist life they found outside their own planet, let alone the most interesting.

it would be like the first time we discovered jelly fish. Then we were fascinated, Now not so much.

What i suspect they would do is go from planet to planet studying species for short amounts of time, maybe taking some samples, and then move on. Biology is biology wherever it is found, For this advances species prolonged study over large amounts of time wouldn't be needed.

I would even go further as to say that they probably have the ability to determine the stage at which life has reached on a planet by studying it's atmosphere from a distance. So a species burning fossil fuel is of little interest and of no value, Especially when the surrounding planets show no evidence that this primitive species hasn't yet mastered the ability to move to and colonise other worlds like our neighbouring planets.

stOx, Nov 3, 2007 IP