1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any experience with Dhgate.com?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Brian_Corrigan, May 9, 2007.

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with DHGate.com?

Does anyone know if dropshipping and/or wholesaling from them is a viable option?

Thanks in advance.

Brian_Corrigan, May 9, 2007 IP
  2. viratshah

viratshah Peon

Best Answers:
    they have some nice reviews
    search on google
    if you want, i will post the links to reviews here

viratshah, May 9, 2007 IP
  3. students-forum

students-forum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't personally used it but if you use the escrow service you shouldn't get scammed despite the ominous scam "feeling" to the site.

students-forum, May 9, 2007 IP
  4. bmint

bmint Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like good site after reading the reviews

bmint, May 9, 2007 IP
  5. gatto101

gatto101 Peon

Best Answers:
    In reply to your question, yes, we have our products totally ripped off by this web site, they even used our photos pulled from our ebay site. They even had the ebay logo on them.

We know for a fact that if any one tried to buy our products from them they will be ripped off, as we do not supply we make and we sell only.

Further, all the feebacks are fake, they have ripped it off ebay and the usernames are not real, in fact the more i have asked around the more people tell me that you will lose your money on this site and fast, the goods in most cases are not for sale by these people through "drop shipping".

If you want stuff from China go to the Hong Kong Government Web site

www.globalsources.com at least you have a chance here, we have imported stuff from companies at this site and i have been to their office in HK. Its like a yellow pages of factories, you email the factory, you talk to the factory and you can even visit the factory.

DHgate.com if they were the real deal, why use fake ebay user names and feeback profiles, and why would they sell products that they simply dont have. Also DHgate has heaps of fake stuff on there, be warned bringing into the country for resale, Fake clothing, shoes, watches and other stuff is bad news if you get caught. I know people that have had the feds turn up and seize the lot cause the thought it was smart to import "genuine Fake" products. hence why pro-foot ballers are so rich... :)

You have been warned, tred carefully and dont spend more than you want to lose.

gatto101, May 28, 2007 IP
  6. dhgate

dhgate Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi every body,
    I am Gump Kan, the public relationship coordinator from DHgate.com .
    I would like to disclose some info helping your guys to know DHgate more.

DHgate.com `s Role
    DHgate.com is the largest China export wholesale marketplace. We also provide Escrow service to every buyer. We do facilitate our buyers who may run online business by providing drop shipping choice. For more info about our business model, please visit dhgate.com and click the help button.The most import thing I need to figure out is that we are a service provider not a direct seller merchant.

DHgate.com`s system
    Our system has seller ranking function to make the sellers` credit standing more transparent to our buyers. It is a beta version, we will release new version which the buyers can see the logic and details of the ranking.

Product issue
    There is a possibility that our sellers are out of stock at the moment you place the order.
    So it will be much better if you communicate with the seller before a purchase.
    For the counterfeit issue, we have recently successful assisted with Vaudra Ltd to protect the North Face band. We also set up category managers to manager the listings. More and More measure will be taken to reduce fake in our platform.
    Since “Made In China” Product, OEM product and Private Label Product are our start products, We recommend our buyers to purchase this products.

Gump Kan
    Public Relationship Coordinator

dhgate, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  7. nevocsolutions

nevocsolutions Guest

Best Answers:
    i have drop shipped using dhgate. many of their sellers sell on ebay but if you shop through theseller in dhgate it is cheaper as it is at wholesale prices. i have then in turn sold products on ebay with a mark up.

i have had a few things from dhgate with no problems.

i will say that one or too items didnt come and they are not the best for communication but that is mainly because they are middle men. but with the escrow service you do get your money back if there is a problem.

i would give dhgate 7 out of 10.

nevocsolutions, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  8. westcoastnick

westcoastnick Peon

Best Answers:
    has any body ever done business with kshoestrade.com pleas let me know

westcoastnick, Aug 12, 2007 IP
  9. gungadin

gungadin Peon

Best Answers:
    hi, all.
    beg your pardon--i am new to this forum.

i have been trading on ebay for quite some time now, and had an idea to try and boost my profits by using dropshippers in china--bad mistake!!
    i tried dhgate.com and the prices they had on their site were very good, so i rdered some cellphones from the, like motorola d&g gold and nokia sirocco 8800 18k gold.
    well, they all turned out to be copies, not original!!
    and i was left holding customers money (up to $5000) but nowhere to buy the products from, for these customers!
    so in the end, i had to return all the customers money and explain the problem.
    dhgate are absolutely useless and god help you if you put orders with them and something goes wrong--you cannot contact them and their "contact us" link is dead!
    i will now name the companies which trade through dhgate. the companies are discount store, army, bush, jesus and risetech.
    do not buy from these companies--all their items are fake!!
    there are hundreds more companies trading through dhgate--the same applies to them too.

if you dont believe me, look at these messages from other persons who used dhgate:

"Hi,

Here is my experience with this company...

I made a payment of $595 to DHgate on the 7th of July for a sample sirocco 8800 mobile phone. However after I saw that after 5 days my payment was not processed I contacted them concerning my payment. The reply I received was that my payment 'is a suspicious payment and is being investigated'. After I replied to them stating that I'm a verified member with a confirmed address I did not receive any reply from them for a couple of days. When I said that I will open a dispute with paypal they replied that they apologize and the are in the process of refunding my payment. However its been 10 days now since I made the payment and I haven't received any refund. I escalated my dispute with paypal and need to wait for their reply till the 29 of July.

I want to take this matter further because they clearly stolen my money. I haven't receive any item or any explanation for their behavior. "

"In reply to your question, yes, we have our products totally ripped off by this web site, they even used our photos pulled from our ebay site. They even had the ebay logo on them.

We know for a fact that if any one tried to buy our products from them they will be ripped off, as we do not supply we make and we sell only.

Further, all the feebacks are fake, they have ripped it off ebay and the usernames are not real, in fact the more i have asked around the more people tell me that you will lose your money on this site and fast, the goods in most cases are not for sale by these people through "drop shipping".

If you want stuff from China go to the Hong Kong Government Web site

www.globalsources.com at least you have a chance here, we have imported stuff from companies at this site and i have been to their office in HK. Its like a yellow pages of factories, you email the factory, you talk to the factory and you can even visit the factory.

DHgate.com if they were the real deal, why use fake ebay user names and feeback profiles, and why would they sell products that they simply dont have. Also DHgate has heaps of fake stuff on there, be warned bringing into the country for resale, Fake clothing, shoes, watches and other stuff is bad news if you get caught. I know people that have had the feds turn up and seize the lot cause the thought it was smart to import "genuine Fake" products. hence why pro-foot ballers are so rich...

You have been warned, tred carefully and dont spend more than you want to lose."

gungadin, Sep 3, 2007 IP
  10. dilipsam

dilipsam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The site is run by a group of scammers. Beware! They will steal your money if you don't open a dispute with Paypal!

dilipsam, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  11. rima112

rima112 Peon

Best Answers:
    dhgate.com is just like alibaba.com and made-in-china.com. they are all not responsible for products quality. the main functions of these website is a platform to collect money from the sellers. That means who pay for them, who get chance to list their products on the website. it does not matter who these sellers are.
    in my opinion, if you want to buy some goods from China, you should find a wholesaler because they at least will choose the producers and products very carefully and help u deal with post sale issues. moreover, many manufacturers have only one or two products, but wholesalers have more choices for you. establish a long term relationship with these wholesalers.
    in addition, do not buy any brand products from these websites, they are 99 percent are fake. Yes,Nokia, Ipod or Sony produce their products in China, but many of these products are not sold in China or not allowed to sell abroad. Therefore, you can not find real sellers who have rights to sell brand products outside China. Do not bear gambling mind to buy so called genuine brand products.

rima112, Nov 1, 2007 IP
  12. Kestal

Kestal Peon

Best Answers:
    My Experience and My Two Cents

I have been a user of DHgate for the last couple of months with varied success/failures (and some cases where I wanted to throw my brand new opened package at a wall).

I do, completely agree with Rima112 about being careful with buying brand name products such as ipods, or certain cell phones.

I must admit, I have made a bit of profit from this website and selling on eBay; however, that is because I found a few suppliers that I trust.

My experience with brand-name products: be careful and read the descriptions twice to make sure everything is understood. When you have read it, contact the seller and question him/her specifically.

DHGate is not a 'scam' site. It is a network which links overseas traders from china with the world. (and of course, a gateway that is much more secure than sending away your money through moneybrokers and never see it again). That said, DHGate gets new sellers every single day with the intent to scam that very population (a population which is rapidly growing, mind you - they have been experience server overloads lately).

It is important to check their feedback and look for feedback that seems real and not spit out by a bot or copy pasted. SO basically, the bottom line, is to be careful with the deals you go into. If a seller JUST signed up to the site with the name nikeshoesdeals1224 and put up 20 ads related to LCD TV's with Stock Pictures that have prices that are unbelievable... chances are... they are fake and you should stay away.

Ipods - Be warned, they are most likely replicas. With that in mind, you cannot sell replicas as the real ones, they are not even close to the same quality. They will not work in iTunes and chances are they are poorly made. (seen a few pretty bad ones myself).

Cell Phones - These vary. I have seen BAD cases where sellers try to sell complete and utter knock offs; check feedback. If one of the entries are negative and go into the idea that their products are fake, be careful. On the other hand, eBay sellers often use phones like these in their sales (these cell phones can be hit or miss, really). I often see phones on eBay that definitely come from this site. This is probably where 80% of the people get the iphone clones to sell on eBay. I thought about it too, but I decided to stay away. The iphones (CECT P168) may look promising but are utterly cheap. No Java = No Games. Poor network for 1900mhz. Most of the options on this phone for Canada/USA are "nerfed", with no support. No English manual, etc etc. (if you can live with that, I guess thats YOUR cup of tea, but not mine). Its how a few of dropshippers start out on eBay. (if they know what their doing and can figure out what is real or what is fake/bootlegged/counterfeit).

DVD box sets - You know, I at one point was gullible to get these from DHgate. I would avoid them. I thought it was a great idea because the prices were so great. There is a reason why they are so cheap: They are either bootlegged, counterfeit, or not licensed (and therefore illegal anyway). They may be great quality and can pass off as the real thing with 'collector edition' or 'ultimate edition', however they are not legal. If you post on eBay you can only be lucky if you get off with being banned and not charged, in my opinion. Cases keep popping up all the time.

Shipping is rather shady too. Not only do they charge a bit more for shipping (though express, which is a nice touch), 90% of the products I have bought I did not need to pay customs. How? Because these 'suppliers' mark them down as gifts in order to get around the system? (I believe this is illegal? no matter what you think or however you try to put a spin on it.)

So overall? My opinion? Yes, it has some great products and possible profit margins which can make you happy; However, because of their shady suppliers and lack of support if something goes wrong, I do not trust them as much as I used to.

Conclusion:
    * Not all feedbacks are fake. I see my feedbacks up all the time for the products im happy with. I see my negative ones too.
    * Shipping is shady, unless someone else can prove my previous comment wrong.
    * Be careful with brand-name products, check feedback, and even THEN be careful. People want a quick fix and quick money. They could sell you cheap stuff and never be seen again. Its happened countless times and has been posted on countless forums, which in the end gives these types of websites a bad name.
    * If you are VERY careful and do not mind shelling out a bit of money to test these products yourself, it could be profitable.
    * CECT P168 (iphone clone) is a waste. Even if its tri-band or quad-band, you will have limited functions, no java games , and NO support if it breaks down. Its a 'crushed dream', at best.
    * For future reference, I go into depth and ramble on in all my posts, in every forum I am on. :)

Overall Rating: 5.5/10
    Reason: The site is good with nice ideals, but the suppliers are stingy. China is, nonetheless, one of the counterfeit capitals of the world. So be wary.

Kestal, Nov 3, 2007 IP
  13. kiwionline

kiwionline Peon

Best Answers:
    hi there, stay away from Dhgate, my first purchase was ok but then i was ripped of another 4 times for a couple of thousand dollars, i trusted it and it was pritty good, but then i made larger purchases and found thought everything on there is fake, replica, Dhgate take your money and even if you don't receive the product they release the money in 7 days, and you get ripped off.

kiwionline, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  14. Kestal

Kestal Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear about your experience. Indeed, I do not trust the suppliers that use DHgate. DHgate itself is not responsible for their lies, however. It used to be a good service but when I start getting packages in the mail that have the description of "Gift - A Cake" when its an Mp3 Player, just to avoid a few charges, I tend to question their credibility. There are many more trusted sources on the internet for you to get **quality** items from, without the worry of being left with counterfeit items or blatantly fake merchandise.

Kestal, Nov 23, 2007 IP
  15. dropship

dropship Active Member

Best Answers:
    Use DHGate.com at your own risk as it's not necessarily the fault or DHGate for some of the problems people have had as they are simply an online marketplace just like ebay is. You have to use caution when buying from the sellers on DHGate.com just like you would from people selling on ebay. Just look at the feedback of each seller there and make sure they are reputable and sell authentic goods if that is what you are looking for. There are a lot of sellers they sell fake items so make sure you know what you're getting and also protect yourself using payment methods like a credit card and try to avoid western union at all costs. There is also an in depth review of them here.

dropship, Dec 8, 2007 IP
  16. Kestal

Kestal Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree completely. DHgate itself, is not at fault, it is just a gateway for sellers and buyers to communicate. If you find the right seller on DHGate, it can be profitable. My main quarrel with them is that when I order something in, that the description on it is "Chocolate Cake" and is pinned as a gift, when really its NOT a cake and the contents inside the package are broken and or something is missing from what was given in the description. (both from the description on the sellers page itself, and from the sellers e-mail to me). It's not something I look forward to see when receiving a package. It makes me feel 'dirty' when I see the description it totally fake. There are some definite shady sellers which is why you must be careful.

Like I mentioned in my original rant, it can be profitable. A lot of ebay dropshippers use DHgate. Many of which are Powersellers, too.

Kestal, Dec 9, 2007 IP
  17. Petsupplies4less

Petsupplies4less Peon

Best Answers:
    I have purchased a lot of products through sellers. After spending thousands of dollars buying Ipods, designer handbags, rapala lurers, etc....I decided to ask specific questions to the sellers about their ads stating they are authentic, 100% Real. Most all of them stated they were Authentic, Real. I was very specific before I got burned again with the sellers. I ordered "Apple Ipods" from 7 different sellers. They all came with Apple on them. The programs they run off of are not familiar, nor are the ports, or the touch wheel. In fact, all my Ipods came back after Christmas. And about
    DHGate monitoring this! I complained about the "Authentic" Ipod that I was sold. The seller gave me $200.00 off my 800.00 purchase. It cost double the items cost to ship the items, and a lot to ship it back. They will offer you a discount if you bring it to their attention, which I took. But that same seller is advertising his Authentic Apple Ipods and DHGate being fully informed with pictures and proof did nothing to the seller. By the way, the 7 sellers all were selling the same Ipod at different prices and they all don't work very long and are hard to work with. So hard that everyone is returning the products. If you look to them for their Name Brands that they say they are selling, I haven't met one in my ordering experiences that is really the named brand even when they say it is. And remember, they don't have the same laws as we do. If you're looking for a product such as pet supplies that your not specifically looking for name brands, I've ordered pet leashes and clothing and have been satisfied with it, although the pet clothing the seller tried to press Mickey and mini on the items that I'm sure are not approved. I had to take these in with the lot I ordered and didn't have a choice in which one I could pick and, of course, they were not pictured. Most all pictures are taken from something elses website, such as "Apples website", "Designer Handbag websites", Designer clothing. You think to yourself, that it must just be me or why wouldn't everyone be complaining enough to stop this. Well, you post these items on Ebay, they are definitely taking measures to make you take it off of Ebay, so there is a lot of complaints registering with someone.

Petsupplies4less, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  18. Petsupplies4less

Petsupplies4less Peon

Best Answers:
    I have purchased a lot of products through sellers. After spending thousands of dollars buying Ipods, designer handbags, rapala lurers, etc....I decided to ask specific questions to the sellers about their ads stating they are authentic, 100% Real. Most all of them stated they were Authentic, Real. I was very specific before I got burned again with the sellers. I ordered "Apple Ipods" from 7 different sellers. They all came with Apple on them. The programs they run off of are not familiar, nor are the ports, or the touch wheel. In fact, all my Ipods came back after Christmas. And about
    DHGate monitoring this! I complained about the "Authentic" Ipod that I was sold. The seller gave me $200.00 off my 800.00 purchase. It cost double the items cost to ship the items, and a lot to ship it back. They will offer you a discount if you bring it to their attention, which I took. But that same seller is advertising his Authentic Apple Ipods and DHGate being fully informed with pictures and proof did nothing to the seller. By the way, the 7 sellers all were selling the same Ipod at different prices and they all don't work very long and are hard to work with. So hard that everyone is returning the products. If you look to them for their Name Brands that they say they are selling, I haven't met one in my ordering experiences that is really the named brand even when they say it is. And remember, they don't have the same laws as we do. If you're looking for a product such as pet supplies that your not specifically looking for name brands, I've ordered pet leashes and clothing and have been satisfied with it, although the pet clothing the seller tried to press Mickey and mini on the items that I'm sure are not approved. I had to take these in with the lot I ordered and didn't have a choice in which one I could pick and, of course, they were not pictured. Most all pictures are taken from something elses website, such as "Apples website", "Designer Handbag websites", Designer clothing. You think to yourself, that it must just be me or why wouldn't everyone be complaining enough to stop this. Well, you post these items on Ebay, they are definitely taking measures to make you take it off of Ebay, so there is a lot of complaints registering with someone.

Petsupplies4less, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  19. queenspanny

queenspanny Peon

Best Answers:
    Can anyone tell me the names of some reliable sellers? So far I have only been sucked in by a seller named Linda who wanted to deal with me personally on her website 'powertrder'. I am willing to give DHgate one more shot but I need a reliable seller.

Thanks
    :)

queenspanny, Jan 21, 2008 IP
  20. pcx

pcx Peon

Best Answers:
    I have personally used DHgate at least 20 times and have yet to have a problem. There are some good sellers on there you just need to do your research.If it looks to good to be true and the seller has no feedback = common sense do not buy.Very simple. I personally have sales in upwords of $5000 a week just from merchandise from there .Ok you will not make everyone happy and such is life but out of 100 sales there is probably a 5 percent refund rate add it up and it still equals lots of profits .

pcx, Jan 25, 2008 IP