1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

***Suckered.us Important Announcement***

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by admin@suckered.us, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    To whom it may concern.
    My name is Ken Hardy, I am the new owner of http://www.suckered.us as & from October 27th 2007.
    There are a number of individuals who allege that they have been defrauded by the previous owners.
    Please let it be known in the public domain that I am not responsible for the actions, alleged or actual, of the previous owners.
    I am posting this announcement to clarify the situation. I urge you when doing business online to exercise the utmost caution & follow the following rules -

1 / Never believe what people tell you online. It may be the truth, then again, it may not. There are ways to verify the truth or otherwise of what people say, I guess, that comes with age & experience.
    However, know this, the written word in business carried a lot more weight in the pre-digital age, ie on paper. There simply are just too many chancers & outright criminals typing away online, they do not care what they write or say because theyre at a console & for every digit the honest actor types, the fraudster just sees this - $, you must develop techniques to filter them out. So, if you are dealing in serious money always insist on a paper contract (A4 on one sheet), mutually signed, dated, posted & submitted to your lawyer. Do not accept a PO Box number for an address. If you are buying a domain/site, compare the addresses on the contract with the Whois, if they are different enquire why. If you are buying into a site as sole owner or partner, then check the waybackmachine to match the age of the site with what you have been told. Do not accept a faxed contract. Do not accept excuses over & above normal domestic hassles. If the excuse sounds just too convenient to be true then it probably is.

2 / Always speak by phone to the person you are dealing with to at least confirm their physical locality (no proxies on the phone network) at the time of the call & confirm their approximate age & sex (well that ones easy).

3 / When on MSN or other messengers, always save your convos. A fraudster jus' loves IM's because it's meaningless for any leagl comeback. use email as much as possible. Check what email addresses the business partner/s is using.

4 / Do not use paypal for anything above $100, never, ever. Always use Escrow for large ammounts & be very suspicious by the fraudster who drags it on & on for each & every new paypal payment, before you know it, you will have lost $$$$.

5 / Finally, use your sense, study people online as much as you would in your own life. If you are in negotiation with Mr X & regularly on MSN with this individual negotiating, watch Mr X's language, typing pattern, response delay, time of day Mr X is on or offline, because if that changes, then you are not talking to MR X, you are probably talking to Mrs X, or Mr B, or who knows.

Be smart, be safe & remember, just because you are honest & straight, doesnt mean the person/s you are dealing with are also. Frausters exist, some of you now know that (allegedly).
    To those of you who have genuinely lost money, I sympathise, please do not let it reflect on the site.
    (Incidentally, I was given access to this DP account just as the previous owners bailed out.)
    Thank you.

admin@suckered.us, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  2. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    When did you buy the domain name?

ForgottenCreature, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  3. admin@suckered.us

admin@suckered.us Banned

Best Answers:

October 27th, I took control, was given control, of the domain account

admin@suckered.us, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  4. sawz

sawz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    and the username admin@suckered.us came with this purchase?
    just curious.

sawz, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  5. admin@suckered.us

admin@suckered.us Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes, like I said in the post.

admin@suckered.us, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  6. kentuckyslone

kentuckyslone Notable Member

Best Answers:
    WOW! Did you know that it was against the rules of the forum to transfer or sell a user ID? If this is what happened you may lose your ID here.

kentuckyslone, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  7. kanaderohan

kanaderohan Banned

Best Answers:

i was wondering the same, did he lol, give u his DP account also?

:D

kanaderohan, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  8. admin@suckered.us

admin@suckered.us Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes, I know that.
    I have no choice given the situation.
    This is a serious matter, reflecting on my integrity & that of my business.
    If DP want to ban this account, well thats fine.
    It's not a 'WOW', 'gee', or, 'lol' matter.

9. kentuckyslone

kentuckyslone Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't have a problem with you taking over the DP account. It doesn't matter to me. I just wasnt sure that you were aware of that rule.

I wish you the best in your projects and with your website

kentuckyslone, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  10. admin@suckered.us

admin@suckered.us Banned

Best Answers:
    Thank you.

11. fathom

fathom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You do realize that this statement doesn't mean anything and certainly doesn't protect you from claim or damages.

The only way you are free and clear of any wrong doing is if your agreement included an indemnifying clause holding you harmless from and against any and all claims against the previously owner. If you took control "as is" the problems are all yours.

I don't have any claims or dealings with anyone that does just stating that "if" the previous owner did have problems you could be libel for [pending a review of your transfer agreement].

fathom, Nov 1, 2007 IP
  12. sawz

sawz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    you should of gave thought to using someone elses username.
    this will more then likely get you banned. and when you make another account, (if you do) that will be banned as well. big mistake on your part, even if what you say is true.

when did the domain transfer take place exactly?
    whois says the last change was in August 2007.

sawz, Nov 1, 2007 IP
  13. CountryBoy

CountryBoy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I was thinking the same. My understanding was that when you took ownership of a company that included everything - their debts and previous wrongdoings.

CountryBoy, Nov 1, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.