1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adwords straight to clickbank product... A waste of time?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Beefandy, Oct 25, 2007.

Anyone have any success with this? I have tried many clickbank products and the cost of the ads normally cost more than the sale. Or if im lucky I might just draw even. Tried doing reviews, landing pages etc and these don't seem to make much difference

Thanks

Beefandy, Oct 25, 2007 IP
  2. motheninja

motheninja Peon

Best Answers:
    try other search engines, there is A LOT of competition on google.

motheninja, Oct 25, 2007 IP
  3. floodrod

floodrod Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Waste of time in the long run. Everyones looking for easy money, and there isn't enough to go around.

Even if you find the perfect niche where it yields profits, you will be outbid as other people find it.

Might make some coin, might lose some coin, but over time, this technique will not last. Invest the time writing good content to compliment products. Might not make as much as quick, but the long run projections are better.

floodrod, Oct 25, 2007 IP
  4. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    its really not a question about "clickbank"...it's a questions about the quality of the product...no matter whether its on CB, CJ or any other CPA program.

If you dont have success with your ads, try another niche and product. Dont pick the saturated ones on CB. Chose newcomers, check the product for yourself. Write reviews etc..etc..

GeorgR., Oct 26, 2007 IP
  5. baumann93

baumann93 Peon

Best Answers:
    Landing pages do not work anymore. You have to have a landing web site. Search DP and you will find the new Google guidelines and recommendations that would allow you to improve the quality of your adwords campaigns.

Linking straight to vendor's page is a waste of your money. First, you pay much more as you have to outbid someone else using the same domain, second, you do not collect emails of the referred visitors, and lastly, you do not build a site that will eventually start getting organic traffic and making sales without you promoting products.

baumann93, Oct 28, 2007 IP
  6. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    yes..and now ! I create my own landing pages once in a while...yes !

But, look, just today i created approx. 20 "clones" where i just cloak and redirect....how could i do that in reasonable time ? I really dont want to design/rewrite 20+ pitch-pages and put it on my server for kw-elite or whatever CB products there are.

I really dont think it matters THAT MUCH whether you do a nice cloak and redirect to the main-page...or have your own LP...either people buy or not. Will monitor that tho. People click....cant be that ALL those sales-pages are c***p but if i do one of my own they would all sell like cakes ? I dontbelieve that :)

GeorgR., Oct 28, 2007 IP
  7. searchfordeal

searchfordeal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I tried with dog training guide with their kw...60 leads no single sales....

searchfordeal, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  8. selltrib

selltrib Peon

Best Answers:
    I did this to clickbank E-book and forgot about it for 1 month. (oops)

I was paying about 0.03c a click in the content network. I decide to re-check out click bank today and what do you know I have $150 in sales for that ebook and only spend $16 on ad words

So it does work.

selltrib, Oct 29, 2007 IP
    bogart likes this.
  9. jukebox9988

jukebox9988 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can make a few dollars by sending customers straight to the product, but you are giving up your chance at a sustainable competitive advantage by not collecting customers.

My Simple 5 Step Affiliate Marketing BluePrint

1. Find a Hungry Market

2. Find a GOOD product to Sell

3. Get a Website & Autoresponder

4. Create Content for your Autoresponder & Website

5. Collect Leads

Best of all, you are building a true business, instead of hoping for sales.

Always Collect E-mails and Names!

Your business will grow EVERY DAY, plus you can ASK YOUR CUSTOMERS EXACTLY what they want!

Hope this helps.

Please check out my offer in my sig for a free PDF Report on Affiliate Marketing.

jukebox9988, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  10. mamtasaini

mamtasaini Peon

Best Answers:
    said it quite correctly.

I have tried enormous number of seach engines for PPC none but google converts best.

You do need AdWords to find whats working for you. As they have tonnes of traffic you can find easily whats working for you.

Then you plan on whether you want quick returns or you can wait. Making your own website and driving traffic is not for everyone, it takes a great deal of patience and $$$'s that may be a total waste if you are not targetting a broader market (e.g. if you plan to sell Dog Training Ebook and by the time you get your website up you will endup writting Dog Training manual if that product is no more on CB marketplace).

Its now after 15 months that my site is averaging 2000+ visitors and am a happy person. I did all SEO on the movie site myself. Spent only about $2000 in promotions and various techniques. I have my comfort level achieved as I am averaging 1st or 2nd search page for almost all keywords related to my nitch. Looking at success I started a blog recently which gets about 10-15 persons <<NOT BAD EITHER>> a day. My site does not look good but it does convert.

Well Clickbank drama does play its part when you dunno whats going on with them every other day.

Now its time for me to get email collecting script in there, which I will do sometime next month.

mamtasaini, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  11. Universal Soldier

Universal Soldier Peon

Best Answers:
    It works with some very popular & in demand service products like background check, company bankruptcy check etc. For these kind of products you dont need review sites....u just need targeted keywords & landing pages.
    I made sales of around $250-$300 per day using these products spending $100-175 on Adwords.

Universal Soldier, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  12. Agent007

Agent007 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've had success in the past with CB products. Just beware in CB you get the Good, the Bad & the Ugly in there when it comes to either products or landing pages or some cases both!

What have you been doing to drive traffic to these offers? ......you mention advertising...what type? ....any other traffic methods?

A few more basic details of your promotions could help us give you some relevant advice. :)

Agent007, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  13. webgeeks

webgeeks Peon

Best Answers:

I have a agree with this 100%, especially if you're not an expert in marketing. The good with having your own clickbank product is that you make money/sales by doing 0 marketing. I repeat...NADA. The affiliates only will sell and promote your product since they want to get commission.

webgeeks, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  14. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    it's not 100% right. I agree with list-building tho. But i use a 3rd party tool "covertlinks" which clones a site 100%, that is: any product i want to promote the site is downloaded (on-the fly) by the script to my host...so it does have content (although a dupe :) and is valuable for SEO <--- :) Besides, of course that "clone" is available under my own URL...so the same URL on PPC is no issue.

GeorgR., Oct 31, 2007 IP
  15. jainmanoj

jainmanoj Peon

Best Answers:
    Same with me, its a waste. I spended around $50 with about 450+ click in last 2 days but not a single sale at clickbank, it was direct link to product...

jainmanoj, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  16. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    uhm...i cant confirm this :) 450+ clicks and No sale is bad tho....whats your keywords/products ? You can also PM me..i guess your KW is maybe just to generic..or the product is junk ?!?!

GeorgR., Oct 31, 2007 IP
  17. Proxyhub

Proxyhub Peon

Best Answers:
    The keywords were probably wayy too broad. You have to get VERY specific with PPC.

Proxyhub, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  18. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    and did you do it on content network or search network ?

GeorgR., Oct 31, 2007 IP
  19. JoefromPhilly

JoefromPhilly Peon

Best Answers:
    Linking from AdWords to a CB site does not work, because Google has a rule that only one ad from a domain will be displayed during a search. This is done to ensure the quality of the search results. If there were 50 people selling the same thing from CB, those searching would tire of using Google, as they would keep seeing the same result.

Thus, you need to do what others said - Create a landing page on your domain, then create a page name that has the main keywords in the title of the URL, separated by dashes.

Now, that being said, Google also looks at the quality of landing pages. You can't just have a boiler-plate page that asks for personal information. If you do, your page will not be deemed to be of "quality", thus your cost to get a higher placement will be higher. Placement is determined by three factors: CPC, CTR and Quality of the page.

CPC is Cost Per Click. CTR is Click Thru Rate.

One thing that does bug me about some of the CB vendors is that they have their own name and email capture field, which then captures that person for their own purpose. If you paid to bring a visitor to the product site, and they don't buy right away, but instead opt for a free newsletter or special report, guess what? The vendor then is able to later redirect that person to their non-CB site, eliminating any revenue for you.

- Joe

JoefromPhilly, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  20. JoefromPhilly

JoefromPhilly Peon

Best Answers:
    One thing I forgot to ad. Your landing page should have some useful content about the product you are selling. Google likes to see sites that give information and are not just hard sell pages. This will help improve your quality factor, and thus reduce your cost to get higher placement.

- Joe

JoefromPhilly, Oct 31, 2007 IP