1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Forget about the Google Page Rank

Discussion in 'Google' started by ianternet, Oct 28, 2007.

I have just finished creating a report on the Hysteria of Google Page Ranks.

[​IMG]

Direct Download: http://theianternet.com/secureDL/?key=bc72833ea5538e4efcd4e48fe2b3d8de

This report has 19 pages of full information on what is going on and what the alternatives are. explaining why the Google hysteria is pointless and what to concentrate on. I am providing this report to DP members for free for 24 hours

as it will be launched tomorrow and sold at 1$ you can visit my sales page here

http://www.ianfernando.com/googleslap/

ianternet, Oct 28, 2007 IP
  2. tradeya

tradeya Notable Member

Best Answers:
    just finished d/l will read it soon and post my comment here. thanks for article. ;)

tradeya, Oct 28, 2007 IP
  3. hatifahanna

hatifahanna Peon

Best Answers:
    informative but too wordy ....thanks for the ebook

hatifahanna, Oct 28, 2007 IP
  4. Bosxs

Bosxs Peon

Best Answers:
    Read this article, thanks for it

Bosxs, Oct 28, 2007 IP
  5. my44

my44 Peon

Best Answers:
    At the moment, I intend to forget about the PageRank downgrade since despite of that, the keyword I am tracking still shows #1 placement in Google SERPs while those ranked #2, #3 and so on show much higher PageRank.

I'll continue to monitor any SERP keyword movement and see whether the downgrade is just numerical.

my44, Oct 28, 2007 IP
  6. rainborick

rainborick Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are several problems with this paper, starting with its definition of the term "Page Rank". First of all, "PageRank" is a one-word trademarked name for Google's algorithm for analyzing the links that point to a document. The author's misspelling of this term and the pervasive intermingling of it with variations of "page ranking" - that is, the concept of how a document ranks in search engine results - indicates that he is not fully aware of the distinction.

In terms of Search Engine Optimization, PageRank should always be primarily seen by webmasters as Google's measure of the quality and quantity of the links that point to a document. While Google's stated goal is for PageRank to be seen by search engine users as a measure of the importance of a document, the fundamental basis for calculating that importance is in analyzing the links that point to it. Google can and does manipulate PageRank outside of this link analysis, but the empirical evidence is that they do so primarily in reaction to violations of their Webmaster Guidelines in the form of penalties or accommodations for search quality. Some people have speculated that Google might consider traffic patterns in their overall ranking methods, but there is no objective evidence that they are doing so yet. It should also be clear to webmasters that a document's PageRank score is affected by traffic only indirectly - that is, only insofar as a higher level of traffic would increase the chance of someone subsequently posting a link to it. That is, a document's PageRank score is not directly changed by the level of traffic, only by the links that might arise from that traffic. For lack of a better analogy, the wind makes the windmill turn, not the other way around.

The paper also fails to appreciate that links are the foundation of the ranking methods of all of the major search engines, not just Google. In addition to simple measures of link popularity, the top three search engines, for example, give a lot of weight to anchor text. This paper, as well as many other discussions in this forum, seem to be unaware that links were considered very important by other search engines several years before Google existed. Its just that Brin and Page added the deeper analysis of the origins of each link so that some links were more valuable than others in calculating a document's PageRank score. I have written a simple explaination of how PageRank is calculated based on the original formula from Brin and Page's Master's thesis, which seems to have remained largely unchanged over the years. Webmasters who understand the basic idea of how PageRank is calculated will have a much better understanding of how they can control the flow of PageRank through their site and use that knowledge to their advantage in several ways.

PageRank is a very simple concept. I have never seen anyone claim that there was a 1-to-1 correspondence between a document's PageRank score and how it will rank in the search results, yet for some reason people keep trying to disprove the idea. PageRank is an important part of Google's ranking methods, but it is only one part. Page titles also matter. Page content matters. Dozens and dozens of factors go into Google's ranking methods. PageRank remains relevant in how a document ranks in Google's search results because links obviously and demonstrably matter in their ranking methods and PageRank measures links. Quod erat demonstrandum. The 'how much' PageRank matters is impossible to quantify with absolute accuracy because nobody outside of Google knows their whole formula. But when you start your discussion assuming PageRank to be more or less than it truly is, you will always end up with a faulty conclusion.

rainborick, Oct 28, 2007 IP
    Danner and Spyral like this.
  7. abhishekdaaga

abhishekdaaga Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the offer :)I have downloaded the pdf.. will read it soon

abhishekdaaga, Oct 28, 2007 IP
  8. ianternet

ianternet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    > rainborick

sorry for the misspelling - the whole concept is everyone is crying about PR when they can either adjust to the situation and try other means of tools to help with their progress on making money online.

PR is important - but it should not be the only thing to concentrate on. beginners out there see PR as a very highly attribute in their eyes when it should not be - though you are right when it does help with serps etc but will these new beginners know that? after much research and experience, probably not - but the fact they know a HIGH PR means traffic is what they are know and prone to when starting on the internet.

so I think the report is balanced when talking about PR and other alternatives

thanks all

ianternet, Oct 28, 2007 IP
  9. ianternet

Best Answers:
    cool guys - the report is doing pretty well :) I have just created an affiliate system on this report earn 1$ for everyone that download this report

http://www.ianfernando.com/googleslap/?e=PAYPALEMAIL

also this report has resale rights to it as well! read the disclaimer! :)

ianternet, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  10. blackhole01

blackhole01 Peon

Best Answers:
    thx for sharing the book

we all know pr is dead..

blackhole01, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  11. Adulu

Adulu Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing.
    we are luck DP member

Adulu, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  12. libervisco

libervisco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wanted to buy this, but I get this on PayPal:

We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem. If this payment is for an eBay listing, you can contact the seller via the "Ask Seller a Question" link on the listing page. When you have the correct email address, payment can be made at www.paypal.com.

Cheers

libervisco, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  13. story97

story97 Peon

Best Answers:
    I really have to agree with virtually everything said here. When someone poses as an authority and can't even get past the most basic, funamental element and concept it doesn't help the credibility at all.

story97, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  14. ianternet

Best Answers:
    did you do it from an affiliate link because if the paypal address of an affiliate is not correct it will reject the transaction

http://www.ianfernando.com/googleslap

is the direct link - if it happens to you again let me know

ianternet, Oct 31, 2007 IP