1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do YOU believe in evolution?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by astup1didiot, Oct 29, 2007.

?

Do you believe in evolution?

Poll closed Nov 28, 2007.
  1. Yes

111 vote(s)
    75.5%
  2. No

36 vote(s)
    24.5%
  1. Aceday

Aceday Banned

Best Answers:
    Do i believe in evolution, to some extent but in my religion it doesnt disprove creation,

21:30
    24:45

Aceday, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  2. lpxxfaintxx

lpxxfaintxx Peon

Best Answers:
    lpxxfaintxx, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  3. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    Someone gave me a red rep due to this comment so i feel i need to go into more detail because apparently they didnt get it.

1. 98% of the cultures on this planet believe in a higher power. (GOD)
    2. The Greeks have stories of many gods, these gods can be traced to the christian bible as Nephilim.
    3. In Judaism, angels, or malachim, serve as God’s messengers and “workers” here on Earth.
    4. Angels also figure prominently in the Islam faith, one of their basic articles of faith being the “belief in angels”. Muslims believe that each person has four angels (which they call Malaa’ika, meaning, messengers) assigned to him who tallies his good and bad actions (two record the good while the other two take not of the bad). They also assign souls to newborns and are responsible for taking care of the environment.
    5. Hindus have their angels too. Called “devas”, these entities are responsible for natural elements like water, earth and fire.

Like these major religions, many minor belief systems also profess a belief in angels. Followers of Zoroastrianism (estimated at just around 200,000 worldwide), also believe that each one of us has a guardian angel—a Fravashi--- that protects and guides us.

Is it mere coincidence or did God reveal himself to man in ancient times. Science sure does require a lot of coincidence, just as Religion requires faith. Some would go as far as calling Science a religion. Worshipers of the God Time.

references: Angels in Different Cultures and Religions by: Maraya Mullen

this was the comment attached to my neg rep

sb1234, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  4. astup1didiot

astup1didiot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why can't people have a discussion without giving bad rep :(

astup1didiot, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  5. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    I just finished the series, very good. It had me question one thing. As a kid and even now, i almost have to believe that we are not alone. That there were other beings or other living creatures in this giant world. This video for a brief moment had me thinking, WOW! We really are privaledged to be here. We have managed to meat all of the perfect almost impossible conditions, to live in this special environment. The world we live in seems like it was designed perfectly for us. It is next to impossible for life to exist anywhere else...BUT, that is life as we know it. That is living as we know it. Please know im totally just giving a thought here but. What if the earth wasnt made for us, but we were made fro the earth. If you look at it like that, other beings could be made specifically for other environments, what is harmful to us may not be harmful to them. Just a thought, alien life has always intrigued me.

sb1234, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  6. lpxxfaintxx

lpxxfaintxx Peon

Best Answers:
    The earth in the small strip of sunlight in space is pretty amazing though. :)

lpxxfaintxx, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  7. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    indeed, i got a special feeling watching it, even if there is life, we are definitely privileged

sb1234, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  8. tarponkeith

tarponkeith Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, I'm not a firm believer in evolution...

Not because it's not feasible, but because I don't know enough about the topic... Having not done my own research, or atleast looked further into it, I don't think it's right to say if you do or don't believe in it...

PS, I do think it's a lot more likely then some of the alternatives; but that doesn't make it true...

tarponkeith, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  9. Bali

Bali Guest

Best Answers:
    Ahhhh.... Evolution. So simple, it can work for everyone. And proven beyond any doubt.

A while ago I put a single cell in my garden in the backyard. 2 billion years later i checked again, and behold it evolved to a hairy little monkey. I gave him some bananas to speed up his positive development. 6 billion years I checked again, and lookatthat! Now he's a real boy! He now can even talk. If you think about that and how it all started with a single cell, with nothing added but time. Then you really understand that whenever you do not know or understand anything you just play the "time card". Recommended in order to play it safe is to select a time frame that hasn't any actual records, but give credit to your "priests" the scientists that can "prove" for you through a religion called science to establish a view of reality that can be accepted by people that have no facts or any points of orientation to go by.

Stop! Maybe the component that did it to the cell wasn't actually time, but the coding in the first cell. Code, aahh you mean software. Ok, now my question: 1) Who was or is the programmer of that code? 2) Do you have any software on your PC that had no programmer? 3) Did any of that software evolve ever by itself without outside interference?

This so called logic applied by science does not really work outside of imagination, doesn't matter which way you approach it. Now some of them use a mental escape to attribute the 'coding' to nature itself, since they vaguely understand that the bottom line of 'cause and effect' must be there in order for anything to work. Ok fine, so who coded nature to function? Have you ever seen anything material that codes itself? Yes? Then you truly have believe system that cannot become actual reality. Not in 2, 6 or 256 Billion years. I can demonstrate that in a simple lab test, but haven't got the time to wait for the actual results, to fail.

Bali, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  10. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    and this is what he will look like in another billion years :D

[​IMG]

Cheap SEO Services, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  11. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    Long live the Great God of TIME

sb1234, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  12. davewashere

davewashere Active Member

Best Answers:
    I do believe in evolution, but I'm also agnostic. Science can prove all sorts of things that seem to contradict many religions, but science is also based on the rules of the physical world, which could be controlled by a higher being. Religion has an advantage in that it can create the rules, while science is restricted by what can be observed and calculated.

davewashere, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  13. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    Well evolution isnt science because you cant observe something changing over billions of years. evolution can not be observed. So who is breaking the rules now

most scientist cant even agree on a defintion for evolution.

sb1234, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  14. lpxxfaintxx

lpxxfaintxx Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe because God created the earth, it is impossible to prove the creation by science. It it just too superior for humans to understand.

lpxxfaintxx, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  15. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    Then by your logic, the fact that a few hundred years ago, everyone believed the earth to be flat should be proof that it is. We see how well that turned out. Ignorance is the root of religion. The priests knew that religion = power. Those that know the truth have the power. Keeping people ignorant keeps them in place.

mopacfan, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  16. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    I do believe in evolution because we can witness it today, it's occuring daily... taking a whole course it it surely "convinces" you (well.. there is evidence). It makes you take a whole new perspective on animal extinction and life..

8everything, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  17. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:

If they had read thier bibles they would have known better

Isaiah 40:22:
    He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

reminds me of apocolypto

sb1234, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  18. BribeMe

BribeMe Peon

Best Answers:

In the future we might see something that can.. code itself.
    Religious people always claim they are open minded, (that i have meet inrl anyway) Yet they chose to close their eyes at stuff like this, it's like their "god" asks them to believe in something they can't proof, yet they want proof that he/she it don't exist from non believers. You claim various stuff false, because it can't be proved, yet you believe in stuff that in the same way there's no proof? (Or have you meet jesus, allah or whatever you believe in?)

Anyway i won't get into this, i was only planning to write my first line, but meh i went on.

BribeMe, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  19. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    Something may code itself but, an intelligent being will have to code something to make it happen

Welcome to the wonderful world of FAITH

sb1234, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  20. niknar1900

niknar1900 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The earlier maps of a flat earth were circular, a circle is not a sphere, just like a square is not a cube.

niknar1900, Oct 30, 2007 IP