1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Some free ways to get traffic to your website

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by shahab6, Dec 4, 2005.

1. Search Engines

Optimize your website to be search-engine friendly. Submit it to various search engines and directories.

In addition to major search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and MSN, it's worth submitting to lesser known web directories. If your website is listed in as many places as possible, it can boost your rankings in major search engines as well.

2. Affiliate Program

Set up an affiliate program where you pay people a percentage of each sale for referring customers to you.

Spread the word about your affiliate program by submitting it to affiliate program directories and contacting the owners of related websites.

3. Link Exchanges

Create a links page that will contain the links to other non-competing websites in the same industry.

Contact the owners of other websites with your proposal to exchange links. You will add their link to your links page, and they will link to your website in return.

4. Post In Forums

Visit the online discussion forums where people in your target market like to gather. Post useful responses to people's questions, and include a link to your website at the end of your post next to your name.

5. Comment On Blogs

Visit other people's blogs on the topic related to your website. Most blogs allow you to add comments about the issues being discussed.

Add insightful comments about the blog topics, and leave your website link. Your comment and your link will permanently remain on the blog website.

6. E-Mail Signatures

Create an e-mail "signature" - your name, your website address and a short tagline describing the main benefit of your site. Set your e-mail program to automatically add your signature to every e-mail that you send.

7. Traffic Exchanges

There are many times of traffic exchanges but the idea is the same - you team up with other webmasters, and they send you traffic in exchange for you sending them traffic. Search the web for "traffic exchange" to find those services.

8. "Pass-Around" Strategy

Create something of value that people will pass around. It can be a report with useful information that you allow people to give away. It can also be some kind of cool and unusual webpage that people will want to e-mail to all their friends.

Of course, the pass-around item will include your advertisement and your link, spreading the word about your website.

9. Writing Articles

Write articles on the topic related to your website, and include a link to your site in your author bio. Submit your articles to article directories, and allow people to publish your article in their newsletters and websites.

Your articles will spread around the web like wildfire. People will read them and visit your website.

The best part is that people who read your articles will regard you as an expert, and they will be much more likely to buy from you when they go to your website. How's that for a free publicity?

With best regards

Some free traffic website gogettraffic.com
    And paid traffic expire domain and popups- trafficads.biz

shahab6, Dec 4, 2005 IP
    fsmedia, Jim4767 and EdwinF like this.
  2. keral82

keral82 Banned

Best Answers:
    NIce tips to get traffic for free .

Thanks for posting this.

keral82, Dec 5, 2005 IP
  3. cpvr

cpvr Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the nice tips, it's appreciated.
    Thanks for posting this for I, and others to read and to build on.

cpvr, Dec 11, 2005 IP
  4. MikeRob

MikeRob Peon

Best Answers:
    Great post indeed. What is interesting is that I have seen the same advice, with about 30 pages of filler, sell for $30+ online. Gotta love the "information age" :)

Thanks again for the info.

MikeRob, Dec 11, 2005 IP
  5. aristoncc

aristoncc Peon

Best Answers:
    Try throwing "Comments on Digg.com" on that list. If you are into technology news (and some other non-tech stuff), then Digg.com is a treasure trove of traffic. The visitors to digg.com have the tendency of clicking a link just because it's there. Although I don't get mass amounts of traffic from the comments I post, I do get some.

aristoncc, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  6. angelfire

angelfire Peon

Best Answers:
    That is indeed a nice post. An interesting article especially for newbies. Thanks for sharing. :D

angelfire, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  7. daredashi

daredashi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    traffic exachges are good for what ? eat bandwidth ??
    rest of doc is good info.

daredashi, Dec 14, 2005 IP
  8. Assailant

Assailant Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips man!

Assailant, Dec 14, 2005 IP
  9. srijit

srijit Peon

Best Answers:
    nice list. thanks for the effort :D

srijit, Dec 14, 2005 IP
  10. sSEO

sSEO Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info!! I'll start to incorporate them into my project.

sSEO, Dec 14, 2005 IP
  11. shahab6

shahab6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Also I forgot to add auto-surf programs. Thats also a good way to get some traffic,

shahab6, Dec 14, 2005 IP
  12. daredashi

Best Answers:
    they are crap. don't advice which is not useful.
    autosurfers is forced traffic and not useful. its waste of time and useful internet resources.

13. janjalani

janjalani Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice tips ;)

janjalani, Dec 14, 2005 IP
  14. totalnet

totalnet Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice list indeed, but I see two common items missing:

1. Pay-per-click (PPC) using Adwords or Overture. Don't waste your money on second tier sites, fraud is still high.

2. Press Releases - A well crafted press release can generate some traffic.

HTH,

Don

totalnet, Dec 14, 2005 IP
  15. shahab6

Best Answers:

Auto-surf is not crap, I think its a good way to get some traffic, you are right the qualty of the traffic is poor, but your still getting people to see your website. Most of these auto-surf have 100s of members, and everytime the members want to earn credit they will look at the pages, plus most auto-surf program get anywhere from 5 to 20 members perday, that means that 5 to 20people can see your website. If you join 2 auto-surf program, that means anywhere from 10 to 40 people can see your website.

shahab6, Dec 14, 2005 IP
  16. shahab6

Best Answers:
    You are right PPC and Adword or Overture is very targeted traffic, if your selling something on your website those are good to use, . You can only go so far with free advertisement.

shahab6, Dec 14, 2005 IP
  17. daredashi

Best Answers:
    it is crap. its not useful unless you want to increse hit counter. worthless 15 sec. visits :mad:

18. DuncanM

DuncanM Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You could also do a link search on your competitors' websites.

I find that many links to my competitors' websites are on individuals' "Favorite Links" listing or perhaps on a "Relevant Technology" listing. Most of these individuals are not loyal specific to my competitors, so I have sent off one e-mail to each of the webmasters, asking if they could include a link to MY page too. I have gotten positive results many times. And I'll take any boost to my PageRank that I can get.

-- Duncan

DuncanM, Dec 14, 2005 IP
  19. alimkb

alimkb Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot shahab very nice post .

alimkb, Feb 4, 2006 IP
  20. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Do not use those auto surf programs if you have adsense on your site.
    Google TOS says no!!!
    They will disable those ads at the very least, ban you at the most.

And it is worthless traffic....people who use autosurfs are surfing just to get more credits for their sites, not to look at every site popping up.
    And if they use tabbed browsers, etc...they never even see the sites!!!

That is why the cost of credits on these sites is so darn low.
    No one in the right mind would buy credits.
    Note...I said RIGHT mind...plenty of noooobies are usually not in their right mind and will purchase crap like that.

iowadawg, Feb 4, 2006 IP