1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My $5000/mo Goal With ClickBank & Arbitrage

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by scottmweaver, Jan 13, 2007.

1. abstroose

abstroose Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Scott,

I read the first page but to save me from reading through another 20 pages could you let us in on what you're making per day now? It would be interesting to hear a true success story from start to finish

abstroose, Oct 25, 2007 IP
  2. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm making around $200-500/day now. :)

scottmweaver, Nov 10, 2007 IP
  3. Tommo

Tommo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice one scott.

I've just skimmed through the whole thread and It's pretty fascinating, what i can't help thinking is how you would be doing if you'd started article marketing in January and distributed 5 articles per week since then

I started AM in earnest 6 weeks ago trying to distribute 5 articles a week. It's been a while in coming but I am now making sales on a regular basis averaging about $30 a day. The articles link to a landing page where I do a more in depth review So thats $1 per day per article on average at the moment. I would love to think that I can keep that average over time.

Tommo, Nov 13, 2007 IP
  4. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Fascinating. Do you use Squidoo or something else to distribute your articles?

Scott

scottmweaver, Nov 13, 2007 IP
  5. Tommo

Tommo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not necessarily squido (I'll use it sometimes but I prefer other sites) but I do use web 2.0 quite a bit, sites like gather, hubpages, etc to link back to my presales pages. I then use social bookmarking to link to those sites. That along with unique content going to lots of directories does generate a lot of traffic back to my sites.

I wrote a report about my traffic generation methods that I made downloadable on my blog.

Income Academy Blog

If you look in the site promotion category around Oct 13th you'll find it

Feel free to grab it if you are interested.

Tommo, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  6. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Awesome, thanks. My overall worry is that the traffic just won't be there.

No offense, but I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I don't want to spend 3 months writing articles and back-linking only to get $25 per day for a given product. It would have to be worth it in order to do so much work, you know? More on the order of $100+/day average.

Right now, with the money I'm making, I need things to bring the profit closer to $1000/day and in doing a cost-benefit analysis, I need things that will do that sooner than later.

If this method can do that, I'd love to pursue it. :D

scottmweaver, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  7. Tommo

Tommo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Time isn't really a factor, it's about 1 hour a day maximum and you need to bear in mind that the work I am doing now will pay off for months or years to come as the links go back to a presales page.

I've done a lot of ppc in the past and the profit margins weren't as good as I hoped, With the method I am using now My overheads using this are minimal so I get to make almost 100% profit, I am not sure what the average % return using PPC is but I would assume that the $48 I made on clickbank yesterday was probably equivalent to about $80 If I'd been using Adwords.

I find that article marketing also gives me a long term strategy. There is a product launch coming up shortly and at the moment I have 4 of the top 10 places on google. This means I should pick up a few sales without resorting to PPC.

On a slightly related subject Comparing my clickbank eCPM to adsense eCMP is quite revealing. Clickbank ecpm (earnings per 1000 clicks) is returning an ecpm of over $400 compared to an ecpm averaging just over $25 for adsense.

Tommo, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  8. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    I totally agree that what you're doing will pay off for years to come. That's the beauty of organic traffic, but the question is how much will it continue to pay?

Yeah, definitely. But again, I go back to the fact that the bulk just isn't there. Without that, you're relying on high conversions per click.

I know what you're saying, but if I'm getting paid $10.00 CPC with organic but only getting 5 clicks/day vs getting paid $1.00 cpc with PPC and paying $0.50 per click and getting 500 clicks, my profit margin may be higher with organic (100% profit of $50) but my overall profit with PPC is higher ($250 profit). What ultimately matters is my profit amount. Profit margin becomes a moot point when you have the power to increase your overall profit by just tweaking one variable (adding keywords, changing ad text, increasing bids, etc.).

In the end, I agree with you. I think organics are the way to go, but there has to be some way of churning out high volume.

9. Tommo

Tommo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Damn this is becoming an interesting discussion!

It is very easy to churn out volume unique articles and If you look in the report you'll see how I can do it.

The key thing I need to overcome is focusing more on the right keywords to target. Which is really just like tweaking an ad in PPC.

So for example I could send out unique 300 articles tomorrow focusing on the keyword phrase. "do you suffer from blue widget syndrome". This might result in no sales whereas if I focused on the phrase "Instant relief from blue widget syndrome" I might make 10 sales in the next 2 weeks.

I might try this over the weekend with 2 similar articles.

I write all my articles myself but once the system I am using is refine and I know each article can generate $50. It's just a matter of working out how many articles i need to outsource each day.

As I said originally I've only been doing this for less than 2 months but I'd love to hear for someone who has been doing it longer and see how they are getting on.

My first target is 3 consecutive $100 days.

Tommo, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  10. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, churning out volume unique articles is still different from long-term volume traffic. If you can maintain a high relative CTR with PPC ads, it's almost guaranteed you can maintain the traffic over the long-term, whereas you may have a large mountain of traffic for a period of time with organic traffic but if anything changes, you could lose your rank for SERPS which would kill your conversions. So yes, you may be paying much less but there's a point at which you just have much less control over one than the other.

I am open to a rebuttal on this point, of course but I haven't found any reliable/viable way to maintain a high volume of traffic based on article submissions or even just backlinks.

That's very true, if you send out a bunch of articles, you will get that surge in traffic but unless you work some voodoo magic I'm not aware of, it will die down to a stream over the long-run.

Trust me, I'm on your side. I'd love for what you're doing to work out and be very multipliable but so far, I haven't found it to be true.

Please, prove me wrong! Show me the money!

11. Tommo

Tommo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Scott,

well you said show me the money... How does $11,000 from 1 article sound??

I wrote an article and created a blog post with an affiliate link in it and linked the article to the post. since November 21st I've made over $11000 with that article and link.

Tommo, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  12. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Awesome. That sounds crazy good, man. Keep it up.

You should make your own post. :D

scottmweaver, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  13. mg_

mg_ Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey scoot nice work, you are great man! I'm thinking to go in CPC marketing soon, now I'm advertising products on my Blog and I hope i get some money with that.
    Can you tell me a tip, or do you have a good tutorial about making some profit like you did?
    BTW: Can you show me the landing page of one of you product?
    Keep up the good work!
    MG

mg_, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  14. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    @mg_: The best I can do is tell you to read my blog. I give out pretty much all the goods there, so I'd advise you to take advantage-

http://www.afftoolbox.com

15. mr877

mr877 Banned

Best Answers:
    scott your awsome man. This thread has sooo much info. More than all clickbank ebooks put together lol

mr877, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  16. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks! Yeah, not many people seem to notice that and end up shelling out money when they can come here and get the info for free.

17. Yordi

Yordi Peon

Best Answers:
    nice site scot!

Yordi, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  18. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks!

It's funny looking at this thread. I wanted $5,000 in a month and I've since had my first $9,000 day and more. The grass is always greener, I guess. :)

Anyway, it pays to work your ass off. So keep at it, boys and girls.

Scott

scottmweaver, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  19. reachforthesky

reachforthesky Peon

Best Answers:
    A summary would be great

reachforthesky, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  20. JackRipper22

JackRipper22 Peon

Best Answers:
    Lolz... cliffs would be great considering this thread is 20+ pages long spanning over quite a long period of time.:p

JackRipper22, Feb 28, 2008 IP