1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DP Directory Owner Members where are they now !

Discussion in 'Directories' started by britishguy, Oct 22, 2007.

?

Which would you Prefer in the DP Directory Category

1. That the category is beneficial to all POSTERS

69.9%
  2. That the category IS TAKEN OVER BY TROLLS

30.1%
  1. pctec

pctec Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think DP now has three groups...

1. Left Wing
    2. Right Wing
    3. Wing Nuts

Only you can decide which category you belong to...

:D

I think I'll go watch my dog chew the bone I cooked for her... I find it gives me a great sense of being alive. Weird huh?

pctec, Oct 24, 2007 IP
    pipes likes this.
  2. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I guess my point Popo is that Google is in business for itself, not to make the world or the web a better place. They will do everything they can within the confines of the law to achieve these goals.

I don't think they are targeting directories, or blogs, or any one industry in particular, they are targeting anyone that is leaching their profits away.

For all minstrel's hailing of Google and condeming of directoires he has stated he won't allow google to force him to use 'no follow' on the links on his sites and I think it is an important stand to make. Google should not be allowed to force a webmaster to alter the code on their site to help Google's bottom line increase.

My personal feelings go one step further and I think that if I deem a site worthy of a free or paid backlink from one of my own sites that it should count as a 'vote' in the SERP's, after all if Google indexes a site why should I be held to a higher level of acceptance? If Google thinks a site is so bad that it should not have the opportunity to rise in the SERPs or recieve page rank juice then they should be the ones to de-index it, so then it won't matter.

jg123, Oct 24, 2007 IP
    acuman likes this.
  3. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Microsoft is in business too as well as Yahoo and everything at Wall Street Stocks. If you would come to think of it that the Senate is pushing the Clean Air Act for the ozone layer to make this world a better place still theres not enough. Like I said, just play by they rules just like the rules in an office building where there is a No Smoking sign. That's it. You will make more money with your ventures instead. :)

@pctec
    I'll have the 4th 'chicken wings'.

popotalk, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  4. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    cf. "Techniques of Neutralization" and "Techniques of Neutralization" - "Yes, I cheated the insurance companies but I didn't rob anyone".

You continue to miss the point, or indeed almost ALL the points, Mikey. People like you cheated Google and cheated the rest of us who played by the rules. THAT is why you got dinged by Google. And THAT is why we may appear to be gloating now that you've been caught.

You brought up the subject of blogs, not me. But since you did, where did you see me state that it was any the less wrong for blogs to do it? :rolleyes:

As for "flat fee" versus bidding directories, again you are missing the point. The bidding directories are simply the extreme version of all that's wrong with the directory practices I am condemning.

minstrel, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  5. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    And what happens if Google decides that there are more scam artists than genuine directory masters in this industry? Do you really think they cant weed our directories out of their search results? Why do you even argue this point?
    This is the problem isn't it? You want the freedom to accept paid submissions but you are not prepared to hold yourself accountable in an open forum for the content you list.
    I know its odd but every time I post I get hit by a barrage of personal insults from people like anOn who obviously don't agree that we need to build an open community that is transparent and where members hold themselves to be publicly accountable.

workshop, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  6. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Those of us who have been preaching quality over PR and quantity are not gloating over recent events. Many, in their race to the bank ignored the advice of others and the threats from Cutts took a gamble that there would be no repercussions and some have lost.

The problem with that gamble was their actions impacted an entire class of websites which is easily seen by all of the non-directory owners asking about the long term value of directories. Can't blame them really, after all many of them spent hundreds of dollars for links in your directories and they are concerned about their investments.

The one positive thing that it has done is that we seem to finally be discussing real issues here rather than who's favorite script is better. Unfortunately, many of the original groupings continue and many are lashing out at old adversaries instead of trying to figure out what we all need to do to protect our investments.

YMC, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  7. DownUnder

DownUnder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A good post and agree with the words, but it hard when some members slam others who admit they may have made a few mistakes but is willing to improve, and they continue to push their one sided views which have no substance.

never the less i suppose just ignoring these people and moving on is best regardless of how much they get under your skin.

DownUnder, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  8. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    The members that admit to having made mistakes are few. Most are still in a state of denial or have ducked the issues entirely. That's where the problem starts and where we need to start looking for the solutions.

workshop, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  9. LakeCountry

LakeCountry Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why do you think any one here owes you and kind of explanation? What people have done or are doing now is their business and certainly none of yours. I have made plenty of mistakes myself but I'll be damn if I feel obligated to explain ANYTHING to you.I don't ask you nor do I care why you use Organic Link Farm in your sig...(that's real professional)...I hope your tell your little group to call their directories Link Farms as well...that's sure to get them off on the right foot:rolleyes:...but that's your business isn't it

LakeCountry, Oct 25, 2007 IP
    pctec likes this.
  10. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Its just because i dont see you in the blogging forum laughing at any penalised blogs.

I dont know about others, but bidding on my homepage is done for traffic, not to gain extra PR juice.

mikey1090, Oct 25, 2007 IP
  11. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    I think that should be perfectly obvious but to get back back to the question of trolls, I think you need to learn to play the ball rather than the man. Your little outburst is uncalled for and is a good example of why this forum has a reputation. :eek:

workshop, Oct 25, 2007 IP
  12. LakeCountry

LakeCountry Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, it's not obvious so my question still stands. Why to you think anyone owes you some kind of explaination about anything? Instead of dodging the question just man up and answer it this time, ok

Question about trolls? I don't have any questions so what's yours?

Yea my little outburst. Yeah your right, I'm guilty of responding to trolls and just right out dumb comments from time to time....I try very hard not to but damn, I just can help myself.

So what's up with the Organic Links Farm anyway? I really thinks thats interesting please tell us more....oh I forgot....no need to explain anything....right?

LakeCountry, Oct 25, 2007 IP
  13. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    Is there enough bun supplies in this thread? :rolleyes:

Cheap SEO Services, Oct 25, 2007 IP
  14. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    Just page back through this thread and try to understand that you are your own worst enemy. The people I work with lurk as guests on this forum so that they can get a taste of the very worst that this industry has to offer. But I suppose I should apologise if it appears as if I have deliberately started any arguments to make things look worse than the really are. Even I have been surprised at the crass stupidity and double standards that some of the more voluble members subscribe to. :eek:

15. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, you have well and truely just put your foot in it workshop.

Now that you are fully done apprently exposing others, allow me to fully expose you.

You are an individual who has created and exagerated a situation in order to gain from it yourself, you are exploiting people in South Africa who are already exploited (if that whole South African story is true) if they really do lurk here then allow me to explain what your agenda really is and what this whole thing has been about all along on the forum.

Your plan here is to gain trust with these vunerable people, supposed to be under your wing, i believe you are taking money from these individuals and holding them to ransom in some way. I believe you have access to finances abn accounts and will somehow convince these people that their better off with you.

In the UK, under UK law, with enough determination, i could probably get you arrested, cybercrime, which i believe you are involved in, does not mean that you wont get caught.

I you feel that you are anonymous then i would reassess things, please dont underestimate other people, it is quite possible to find out exactly where you are and investigate the full extent of what you doing.

If you believe that im bluffing and that this cannot be taken further then carry on, theres is no anonimity on the WWW.

Your playing dangerously.

pipes, Oct 25, 2007 IP
  16. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Workshop, carry on pushing it and i assure you i will take things to the next level, i will bring a few things into this situation and i will see if you want to keep up with this.

I 100% guarantee that i will take this all the way regards what you have been and really are doing.

You know fine well what im referring to here.

Think about it.

pipes, Oct 25, 2007 IP
  17. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    Just when you think you have seen it all, up pops another. Amongst other things I happen to have built, run and sold a security company and have spent my time fishing on the internet ever since. However once you have worked on the coal face you can never escape that nagging feeling that we should in some way be putting something back into the greater community. But I dont suppose you understand that. :p

18. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Apparently your going off topic, as per usual, in order to pull attention away from you when someone points out something that isn't quite right.

To pull it back to what i was just saying, i know, and will find out more on you, the reality is you dont actually know who you are dealing with.

One thing that i can promise you here and now is that you dont fully understand what is happening and what can be done.

I know more about you than you think i know.

pipes, Oct 25, 2007 IP
  19. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    Who is going off topic? Isn't this thread about trolls? If you have got a hair up your nose why not start a new thread and ask me all those questions that you are burning to ask. I have nothing to hide. :)

20. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Its perfectly on topic today, spot on infact, some truths coming out, some people being exposed, weeks ago i held back, still wanted to, as i thought you would calm down.

No reason to start a new thread, no reason to do anything that your suggesting infact.

Understand that i dont need to ask you a question to find out anything about you.

How absurd, to feel that neccessary, we will keep the discussion on this thread where the information is still fresh in peoples minds.

pipes, Oct 25, 2007 IP