1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DP Directory Owner Members where are they now !

Discussion in 'Directories' started by britishguy, Oct 22, 2007.

?

Which would you Prefer in the DP Directory Category

1. That the category is beneficial to all POSTERS

69.9%
  2. That the category IS TAKEN OVER BY TROLLS

30.1%
  1. abhishekdaaga

abhishekdaaga Guest

Best Answers:
    Okay Allright, Thanks for explaining me the meaning of a troll. So according to you, any new member who spoke something against directories will be called a TROLL and any old experienced member who speaks against directories will be called a HYPOCRIT right ? So this means no one should speak anything against web directories You just proved what I said in my above post.

BTW, I joined the directory section long back, check my first threads

abhishekdaaga, Oct 23, 2007 IP
    YMC likes this.
  2. SasaVtec

SasaVtec Notable Member

Best Answers:
    His calling you a TROLL because you have joined the fight against directories without knowing or confirming anything, your just like any of the other ones that say google banned directories because of the new guideline paid links.

SasaVtec, Oct 23, 2007 IP
    popotalk and (deleted member) like this.
  3. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly no one is allowed. All you need to do is nod your head in agreement and people here will certainly spread you love. :D Don't even attempt to say something that is not in accordance with the majority. You will get exterminated and be called a troll.

BUT with some buy links in their site and they keep the mouth shut or avoid posting against you. It works and with huge wonders:rolleyes:

popotalk, Oct 23, 2007 IP
    mikey1090 and EveryQuery like this.
  4. LakeCountry

LakeCountry Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

There's certainly no problem with having opposing view points and stating your opinion as long as you/I make it clear it just our personal opinion. The problems arise when people suddenly begin stating I know what happened to site A, B and C, this is what they did and this was the consequence. It's the folks like this that constantly state opinion as fact for the sheer pleasure of creating conflict and strife. Most of what we read here is a repeat from someone else...I read this on a blog some where therefore it must be true.

I could care less if someone stated they hate all directories if thats their OPINION but don't try to BS me by saying you have all the facts and I'm here to tell you so.

I think this thread was started with the question as why so many "old timers" are staying away. I can only speak for myself (not that I'm an old timer here) but it is becoming increasingly difficult to ask a question, seek advise,pose an observation or offer a suggestion without being immediately bounced upon by the "trolls" saying stuff like I told you last week what to do or you should have listened to me because I know the "facts".

It would be nice if we could get back to some civilized, constructive conversation and work together for the common benefit without being berated with all the "your directory stinks, his directory sucks, it's all his/her fault, I told you so". I'm open minded and willing to listen to anyone if you're trying to offer some solid advice based on something other than speculation and hearsay.

LakeCountry, Oct 23, 2007 IP
    pipes likes this.
  5. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Hardly. You're playing semantics now and I assume you're smart enough to know that.

Surely you are not trying to tell anyone that opinion A, with nothing whatsoever except a blind shot in the dark, is equal in value to opinion B, backed by statments from Google and/or data to substantiate the claims?

There are some things that are facts but one has to know what all the variables are to be able to describe something that way. That doesn't mean that we cannot draw credible conclusions based on what is known. I think an opinion based on direct statements from Google and its representatives that accounts for all of the known observational data it is designed to explain allows us to draw some conclusions with a basis in reality. Statements that are pure speculation with no supporting data and often contradicted by known facts do not allow one to draw such conclusions.

What I see in many directory owners is almost astounding filtering of what is known coupled with rejection of anything that doesn't fit whjat they want to believe.

For certain directory owners to now be claiming that they were not penalized or that the value of the links they are selling is no less than it was a few wekks ago is at best disingenuos and at worst intentional falsification.

minstrel, Oct 23, 2007 IP
    EveryQuery likes this.
  6. DownUnder

DownUnder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    On subject, that is only one view and that view holds no stronger than another view that might read the same with the words neiche, general and or any other term.

Being democratic everyone has a right to their views, and in that people must also accept that others difer in their views and for true balance those views have a equal and balanced right to be heard.

On a personal level one may choose to agree with the statement above, or not .

In that i say there is nothing wrong with a bid directory, people do not need to sell them in droves, nor get rid of them any more so than people need to dump a neiche directory.

In addition as with many people regardless of directory type the smart ones are making changes to move forward this applies to all directory types including bid directories.

As for not starting one, well to late, that is what i am doing and further to that spending some very big dollars doing it (B-MK2) , and in that feel very confortable and positive in that decision.

Those with current bid directories only need a few minor changes ( if they want to and i support MK1 does have some flaws but nothing more than any other directory type at some stage of development ) as with every directory type to be on the road again, and further to that i see them playing big time if they did.

Its only an alternate view but helps to balance the scales, and is in respect and understanding of your views

DownUnder, Oct 23, 2007 IP
    EveryQuery and balkanboy like this.
  7. EveryQuery

EveryQuery Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know I rarely post here much anymore...mainly because I rarely read the threads in this forum anymore. They are filled with the same repetetive questions and useless troll posts. Reading the Forum category on DP nowadays make me go:

[​IMG]

EveryQuery, Oct 23, 2007 IP
    pipes likes this.
  8. mauiman

mauiman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sadly a lot of people enjoy when others experience pain, physical, financially or emotionally. You can read or watch the "tabloids" to see the most dramatic examples of this.

Directory owners (me included) have had a major curve ball (and perhaps a grenade) thrown at them by Google. Some people are going to sit back and enjoy watching the pain we're experiencing display itself in forums like this and still others are going to step in and try to rub it in our faces.

It's to be expected from a few arses who apparently have nothing better to do then to pour salt in our wounds. I don't understand it, but it's something we humans have to deal with. Losers prefer to see others lose and don't hesitate to break out the salt when it happens.

As for the directory owners that aren't here for now... I suspect they're adjusting their businesses, websites, directories, etc... to be sure they continue to succeed in business one way or another.

Cheers

mauiman, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  9. mauiman

mauiman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL!!!! Thanks for the laugh!

mauiman, Oct 23, 2007 IP
    EveryQuery likes this.
  10. Bernard

Bernard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nietzsche directory? How apropos:

Bernard, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  11. minstrel

Best Answers:
    ^^^ Now THAT is comedy! :D

minstrel, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  12. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Good to see you back after some time- hope you are in good health now:)

Of- late DP's directory section has been transformed into not Comedy Stage - but some trolls made it into a high quality CIRCUS SHOW:(

jhnrang, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  13. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hi John thats ok a bit of comedy helps the day along :cool:

Good to see you posting today, lot of respect for your contributions here on DP:D

britishguy, Oct 24, 2007 IP
    jhnrang likes this.
  14. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It's all clear and concise now;

You are actually the patient claiming to be the psychologist.

i see now.

an0n, Oct 24, 2007 IP
    pipes likes this.
  15. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    After that post :)
    Maybe there is some comedy coming real soon in the next few posts ;)

britishguy, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  16. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your kind words Pete. Actually I have been posting the odd posts --but not as regular as I was previously.

I'll go off-line in few mins as I am out of station and accessing the net/DP from Cyber Cafe. I truly believe in your motto of 24x7 service to cleints. Thats what it matters most.

Regards to you too.

PS: I'll be back to regular self on 28th:)

jhnrang, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  17. DownUnder

DownUnder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Id be laughin to, but i am still trying understand the joke, us aussies are a bit slow at times.

DownUnder, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  18. minstrel

Best Answers:
    And I see that I've given you far too much credit. You and others here are whining about personal attacks - I think you've made it clear where the personal attacks are originating.

In my profession, we call that "projection".

I suggest you all read this: How to Handle a Google Penalty - And, an Example from the Field of Real Estate.

The focus is on the real estate penalty but it applies equally to what you and many other directory owners have been doing and action taken by Google against such practices.

minstrel, Oct 24, 2007 IP
    popotalk likes this.
  19. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks for the link. Unfortunately rand fishkin never added bits that apply to me like

i cant submit for re-inclusion because webmaster tools wont work - it wont let me verify my site

my site is indexed, except for my homepage.

mikey1090, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  20. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    errr, nobody is personally attacking anyone here.

I have just used simple deduction via proof reading your posts and have simply stated my opinion based on facts in my findings that you indeed must be the patient claiming to be the psychologist.

How is it that you can do this and others can't, without someone trying to call it an attack?

It is quite understandable why you've chosen to use the term 'projection'.

I can see that with every post you make it all becomes a lot clearer how freudian projection has infected you.

I think I'm going to go ahead and prescribe you some Duloxetine, and would like for you to return to my internet offices one week from today.

Dr. Rob

an0n, Oct 24, 2007 IP