1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DP Directory Owner Members where are they now !

Discussion in 'Directories' started by britishguy, Oct 22, 2007.

?

Which would you Prefer in the DP Directory Category

1. That the category is beneficial to all POSTERS

69.9%
  2. That the category IS TAKEN OVER BY TROLLS

30.1%
  1. coolweb

coolweb Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It leads to take revenges, fight and abusing others will never sort out the problems in fact Google will be benefited more coz of webmasters' fight.

So you are suggesting me to not to take part in the Directories Category of DP? It seems according to you, britishguy made a mistake by starting such thread as people are still not trying to build friendly environment :)

We are in 2007 now, it was history people suffered from it forget it look forward, try figuring out how to resolve issues, but not to lit the fire.

coolweb, Oct 22, 2007 IP
    adnan likes this.
  2. adnan

adnan Peon

Best Answers:
    O for real, up on Martin Blvd.

Ok, getting back to topic.

People can hate directories all they want, they're not going away.

Ok, now on the polls questions

What button should I press,

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    That the category is beneficial to all POSTERS
    That the category IS TAKEN OVER BY TROLLS

Well without mentioning any names, I believe alot of people work very hard and are very sincere with their directories, websites, blogs, etc, etc.

I mean the internet's an open market, u got something which stands out, u'll make way.

Actually one thing that IMO they should do is control all this finger pointing. It's not professional, it's not decent, it's not sensible.

Shake Hands and move along.

adnan, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  3. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well if some certain people will stop with their arrogance and hitting people like they were Al Capone I think it could be more peaceful.
    Sorry did not understand that quite well. :)
    I know that is history and I don't nod my head at the same time with others. But that is just me. Your cool coolweb. :)

That is the office and the propulsion lab is in the grounds of BWI.

popotalk, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  4. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Where is there truth in what you say? You talk nothing but of personal vendetta and crap on these forums. Everyone reads and notes it, and that IS the truth. They are even calling you out on it and you have no retort.
    It is people such as yourself that pollute these forums; with your personal attacks and garbage that you spew.
    This forum sector has nothing to do with ego and you would have to be a retarded fool to even think on that level
    (then again, the brain power of a child is a wondrous thing, isn't it?)
    This forum is about a resource for all owners to congregate and discuss our niche, not a forum to personally attack and belittle anyone, like you always try and do.
    So it is you who needs to get a grip and start respecting your peers, because I've paid my dues by giving my respect to those who deserve it, while getting respect in return.

Who are these so called scamers? Who are those who ran?
    Instead of people spouting off generalizations, state them to a T. None of this 'they' bullsh*t anymore.

an0n, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  5. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    britishguy, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  6. bobby9101

bobby9101 Peon

Best Answers:
    Shouldn't Google benefit? The whole point of the penalization (i don't knwo this for fact, this is an assumtion) was to cause directory owners to take a step back, analyze the situation and make repairs

bobby9101, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  7. vicdigi

vicdigi Banned

Best Answers:
    I have just voted for "That the category is beneficial to all POSTERS" and it is ashame to see the count being 25 for this and 13 to the trolls.

DP is a highly valued resource where I personally have learnt some amazing things about directories and being a webmaster overall.

People should stop and listen to those with the experience instead of jumping on the bandwagon and making out as if they know it.

Yes, peoples opinions are valued but slanging matches should be refrained from.

vicdigi, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  8. bobby9101

bobby9101 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are implying that I asked for it to be closed, you are wrong.
    In fact, I was wondering why it was closed, seeing I was the first & only person who didn't vote for you in teh thread, I assumed that sunday or you requested it to be close because you didn't want bad publicity.

9. britishguy

Best Answers:
    Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 23 (18 members and 5 guests)
    britishguy, adnan, an0n, banless, bobby9101, dargre, jg123, MeetHere, mhamdi, nONEq, pipes, Rod_Purnell, templates, The Pheonix, uttoransen, vicdigi, werewe12, Zafar Ahmed

Well lets all make sure that this Directory Category is a better place after today :)

So post now this is the chance to sort out, agree to disagree,and move on, to better days :cool:

Without any vitriol and spite

Not at all bobby, but many did not vote for me, before your post, so I wondered why it stopped so suddenly

Just a question thats all I am puzzled !

10. bobby9101

bobby9101 Peon

Best Answers:
    You want a name, the one on the top of my head is onlinedude
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=4327314#post4327314

BTW, thanks for the red rep

stoner3221 likes this.
  11. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Lets get this 100% clear. I *SIGN* my name to my ANY rep; be it red or green reps. I don't run or hide from anyone nor am I two-faced.

Also, with your post, do you know why onlinedude left, or are you just spewing ridiculous blah blah blah again?

Last time I checked, aviva is still around, and still going strong with over 120,000K unique visits a month.
    I would hardly call that running from anywhere or scamming anyone.

Present your facts when trying to down someone.

an0n, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  12. templates

templates Notable Member

Best Answers:
    well,this use to be the first place i came to everyday,several times a day because the ppl and discussins were great..then after all the name calling and belitting,it turned me off..i dont care if you like or dislike directories,but insults in a forum is cowardly.But,if you dont like the directory model,and think all directory sites are "scammers and spammers" then why waste your time pounding your opinion down everyones mouth?

templates, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  13. balkanboy

balkanboy Banned

Best Answers:
    This tread is again turning into off topic one like every other.

This is not the question of directories and their values. Everybody has a right to his opinion and both directory owners and people labeled by "trolls" have certain points, but the fact is there is no general truth. Like in every business there will be people who are there for a quick buck and those who work very hard and honest.

The problem here is that these people put all directory owners into same bag and attack everybody and everywhere, without any facts and based on their views which are not proven to be correct.

When you ask them for facts to backup their "opinions", they respond with personal attacks and abuse, which is not a level anyone should accept to continue conversation at.

Different opinions are not bad thing. Actually they are great and like most people here I like to hear opinion different than mine, even if I do not share it simply because I can take a look at things with someone else's eyes.

But when people want only to speak their mind and are not ready to listen and think about what others say, it is not discussion anymore and you have to use ignore function on forums or at the end find another place to hang around.

I am sure people are sick of it and this is last attempt to get things back into normal. Otherwise, everybody will leave including me, and that will happen very soon. This is the last attempt to save things.

I am not making a scene out of this, but if we have nothing useful to read here and just need to get upset by few immature people who think they are the smartest in the world, we are not going to waste our time and nerves here and we will move on as natural way of acting.

balkanboy, Oct 22, 2007 IP
    stoner3221 likes this.
  14. DownUnder

DownUnder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For what it is worth, i think we already have one of the best moderators working in this forum and he does a great job.

His name is the IGNORE button.

DownUnder, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  15. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    @balkanboy
    Such a great and refreshing and yet honest post Marko.

Thanks for that. I can only hope others really read it, understand i, and truly follow through with it.

@downunder
    Indeed we do! and quite a good many of you guys actually enjoyed this truthful post, by yours truly of course ;) hehe

an0n, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  16. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:

The Pheonix, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  17. britishguy

Best Answers:
    A bit of humor never goes amiss after a long hard day:D

Thanks DownUnder:cool:

18. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Here are some nice posts to read. :)

popotalk, Oct 22, 2007 IP
    enQuira likes this.
  19. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    @The_Pheonix

You have already been outted as following me around and constantly whinning and attacking me.

I need not say this to you, as others have already pointed this out, and did it openly.

You make zero points in your asinine assertions. You are blind-sided and will forever fail to recognize anyone elses opinion and/or views.
    That is why you stay stuck on a forum all day and night long, with nothing to do; because you don't do anything for your own endeavors(Yes, those *imaginary directories and coding that you own and write) pffff.., but constantly cry and try to down every elses endeavors.

The things you respond to me about truly crack me up.
    To the point, where I just recall how you 'threatened me' how big and bad you are and what you would do to me blah blah lah yadda yadda... on death eyes and ears again.

you are a joke! PERIOD! and I take extreme satisfaction in seeing others open up and express their views. Remember though, this is just the beginning, so there will be a lot more people who will start expressing their views with regards to the stupidity you spew. Lets see if you can handle it and do so with respect to our peers rather than trying to attack them.

an0n, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  20. DownUnder

DownUnder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    tell you whats funny, i nearly started aguing with myself and decided it best to ignore myself, but then realised i could'nt reply in disgust.

DownUnder, Oct 22, 2007 IP