1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PhplD news system

Discussion in 'Directories' started by dargre, Oct 19, 2007.

1. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hello....

Yes it would be ... i believe it was mia and myself asking for a mod where people can post comments about... videos or blogs or whatever..

thx
    malcolm

malcolm1, Oct 20, 2007 IP
  2. dargre

dargre Peon

Best Answers:
    There's no problem with having video on my news system :)
    http://www.all4seo.net/news/duplicate_content_video/
    same with pictures or any html...

dargre, Oct 20, 2007 IP
  3. acuman

acuman Active Member

Best Answers:
    This looks good.
    You make great stuff!

acuman, Oct 20, 2007 IP
  4. templates

templates Notable Member

Best Answers:
    nice MOD once again..please post when its ready for release..

templates, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  5. CanadianEh

CanadianEh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like a useful feature.

CanadianEh, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  6. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    This looks like the integration of some blog software? Also wouldn't the ability to add comments end up potentially clogging up a database? What's the purpose of a directory? To give results or news? Not putting the feature down, having the ability to comment on anything has been a feature you could use in the phpLynx script from day one over a year ago now, we temporarily dropped the idea of including it in the free version because of the fact it can potentially soak up your resources especially if you can't afford a big hosting account. Just thinking out loud here but news is just news, why do you want to comment on it? doesn't this just turn what was once a directory into a blog?

The Pheonix, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  7. dargre

dargre Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't say you're stupid as you are surely not.
    But definitely you have a job to do here: destroy anything appear here.
    Once you're against directories, then against something more than directories. Then against news, comments. What else?
    Oooo, I know your way...
    Definetely it's all not about directories but against all people here!

News are news and can be anywhere and everywhere if only web site admin have something to say or to show or to announce.
    News are on blogs, on webs sites - everywhere.
    When talkin' of comments - all depends how it is done.
    Try to comment on my site. You can be sure it won't appear - and more - it will dissappear from database in seconds after submitting.
    This is under admin full control, but still very easy and fast to maintain.
    No chance to soak up resources until you control it what is not so hard with what I did.

But of course if you have let's say 50 directories, web sites, blogs or whatever (as it concerns all of it) - you're a kind of spammer until you do not have editors. And then nothing is possible to control.

Also for some people spending all their time writing stupid posts on forums - it wouldn't be possible to take care about directory or anything else.

dargre, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  8. CanadianEh

CanadianEh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well said. After hundreds of similar posts I have to agree. It is time Pheonix gets a life.

CanadianEh, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  9. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed.

It's about time people start seeing what his posts are about, and then moving on past the idiocy and continue to do what's right.

an0n, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  10. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    No I wouldn't call me stupid either, that would be innacurate. :cool:

Now if I really wanted to destroy phpld mod makers I'd simply wait for you to try and sell some mod, write one myself and offer it for free, it wouldn't take me long you can trust me on that. ;)

@Anon; Give it a rest little boy, my answer to dargre say's it all. I posted about a fact, nothing more, nothing less. Trouble with you guys is your desperate to make a buck, I'm not so can afford to tell the truth about the benefits of a mod, good or bad.

Your idea of "right" is to get as much money of people as you can in as short a period as you can, I don't have that worry so do yourself a favour and quit yelping like a puppy.

11. dargre

dargre Peon

Best Answers:
    Opinion is not a thing that should be judged by price.
    What if I never decide to share it?
    Than you call it worst of all? Just because you cannot have it?
    You play like a poor child now.

dargre, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  12. discover

discover Notable Member

Best Answers:
    He's offering something to directory owners
    Havent you got anything better to do than try and rip it apart?

discover, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  13. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    This is the thing, I haven't ripped the idea apart, I've just pointed out some basics that people should know. I'm not interested in anything other than pointing out some facts, one fact is that I don't actually disagree with the model, I just pointed out some fundemental flaws in it.

p.s, thanks for the red rep saying I'm 'Always' promoting phpLynx and your sick of it! What's this, a phpLD promotional forum only or what? Quite frankly I get sick of all the phpld promotion here but never say anything, I just accept that we all have our own personal preferences, yours clearly being the latter, learn to deal with it like I have.

14. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks discover

Like most of us here you are trying to participate:cool:

So another genuine OP Thread then 20 odd constructive posts then the Thread gets bastardized

What is this all about dargre has a mod that he is referring to which is his entitlement, if you don't want anything to do with the mod,

DONT POST

PLEASE PLEASE KEEP OUT OF POSTING IF YOUR COMMENTS ARE NOT RELEVANT TO THE THREAD :mad:

britishguy, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  15. DownUnder

DownUnder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just read what you have done, it is something i have always worked with and is being installed onto our new system.

It produces many benifits with the snippets bringing attention to all area's, be it a new update to your site, a promotion, even a general well wish at certain times of the year.

i did find the header a little hard to read as it blends with the background but then again i am blind :)

A mod we are looking at is that many sites have these type snippets and we plan to bring in live snippets from those sites into the feature listing into the directory to give that listing live and update information enhancing click through rates back to that site, this should work fine with a little coding ( one hopes ).

DownUnder, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  16. discover

discover Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You're negativity is not only tiring for us to read I'm sure its doing you no good either
    I would and I'm sure others would, get bored with anyone constantly using any chance to push a product they are affiliated with

And as for you saying if you wanted to code a mod and offer it for free..well you said this before and it never happened so less talk and more actions
    I'm sure everyone would agree this is best for you..
    and us

discover, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  17. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    Check; my apparent negativity is HONESTY, and its only tiring for an ever decreasing circle of people who rely on a certain script, just as I said in my last post, as bored as you may be with my alleged constant self promotion I can argue the same but don't.

As for the last time I was tempted to make a mod and release it free someone actually beat me to it. I have little interest in doing so and understand that people need to make a living out of things like this, my comments on the mod were constructive nothing more, constructive and factual btw. If my critisism isn't taken on board then the coders are not coders, because they know what I mean, it doesn't mean in any way shape or form am I critisising the actual mod, just its functionality.

18. newbie3

newbie3 Peon

Best Answers:
    darge,

Can you send me a PM when this news system is available?

thx

newbie3, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  19. muskur

muskur Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dargre we all know you have great mods and this will be joining them. Let us know when it is released.

That guy ruined my thread as well. He is always giving negative comments whatever the thread is about-if it is directory related-. And he is not the only one. I feel like they are posting to make their posts more. Anyway, I am happy to see it wasn't just me who was thinking this.

muskur, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  20. dargre

dargre Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm working on it, adding more functions, having 3.06 ready.
    But I'm sorry as I will not announce it on DP forums.
    There is phplinkdirectory forum which is more adequate for that I think.
    Also there is too much negativity and hate here lately.
    Because some of my ideas are preety well known - this is enough reason for personal attacks, no matter what I write or produce.

There is no doubt that NEWS is always good for both: search engines and visitors. If well used, if enough interesting and unique can help a lot.
    No matter if it is directory, blog or any other website.
    Anyone who see it different is simply lying or should really learn a lot.

dargre, Oct 23, 2007 IP