1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I paid for aviva submission and other 3 main directories

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Blacksnow, Oct 20, 2007.

1. balkanboy

balkanboy Banned

Best Answers:
    In another tread you were comparing your "5 Years old and still going strong" directory's price($100 for featured link) with Aviva's price of $75.

Not you say Aviva is not worthed. How is your directory worthed than?

I can tell by reading your latest posts here on DP that you are changing negativity you had in first place into normal conversation, but try little more :) .Otherwise, you are just digging yourself a hole like in this case.

Many people will see things like this, but nobody is going to ask you for explanation even if you have one. Everybody will simply never have any business with you and will ignore everything you post.

Just trying to help since I see you are intelligent guy who just need to learn few things.

I can't tell that for this Workshop guy who is completely hopeless and I sent him some red.

I am not getting into further discussion about Aviva and your directory. If you want think about what I told you. If not, that is also fine with me-I tried.

Thanks, Marko

balkanboy, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  2. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    I am afraid you got that all mangled up and arse over tit. My success has a lot to do with the fact that I plan forward and I work for the future. What I meant to say is that I object to the fact that there is a better than average chance that all the work I have put into building links in the past three years is going to get wiped out because there are not enough of us that have the common sense let alone the balls to say that enough is enough.

I suppose everyone's got to sing for their supper, so I am not going to take that personally but I would start looking around for another host. The parasitic relationship you currently enjoy is about to come to an abrupt end. But thanks for the red. I wouldn't want anyone getting the wrong impression and I have no idea where all that green is coming from. Its a damned nuisance. :D

workshop, Oct 21, 2007 IP
    Instigator likes this.
  3. LakeCountry

LakeCountry Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The OP still hasn't answered the question. What do you mean by not indexed? If he is talking about the site in his sig, looks like it was added to Aviva in August.

I find it very sad some here are fast to sling barbs without having ANY facts. It would be better to remain silent and just look stupid rather than commenting and removeing ALL doubt.

LakeCountry, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  4. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi Marko, first it isn't my directory, I don't know how many times I have to say this, I just do the reviews for it along with many others. This is not the thread for this and I have no intention of hi-jacking someone else thread. If you want an explanation then I'll gladly tell you why I feel A is worth more than B, but not on someone elses thread. Thanks for the lesson on how to post, I'm always learning but will never stop speaking my mind. :)

The Pheonix, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  5. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried contacting him here by private message concerning the indexing or any other matter?

thx
    malcolm

malcolm1, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  6. Blacksnow

Blacksnow Peon

Best Answers:
    I checked backlinks through http://www.linkvendor.com/ there is no any from paid directories including aviva
    my web is www.accounting-on-line.com

Blacksnow, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  7. mywebsearches

mywebsearches Peon

Best Answers:
    So far I don't know any directory (including aviva) that guaranteed your detail page to be indexed by search engines.

From my own experience, some of my listings get indexed then is not indexed next time I check them and then they get index again. I guess is normal for this to happen.

I best thing to check very often: I use this tool that I have found very useful to check many things about directories (seoquake). It can help you with your decision before buying any listings because some directories seem to have some kind of penalty from Google.

Good luck!

mywebsearches, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  8. funkymario

funkymario Notable Member

Best Answers:
    the problem, is that aviva is among the directories that has been hit by a "temporary" google penalty, which made them lose 70% of their "indexed" pages, your website is probably in a category which is not indexed "right now", however rest assured am sure the penalties are temporary... so as soon as the penalties are gone u should benefit from ur listings..

just to support the webmasters of those temporary penalized directories, drop me a pm with your URL and 10 descriptions + 2 titles(targeted anchor text) i'll give you 20 links for free from 20 quality directories, this should compensate 10 times your "loss" untill aviva is back in form :)

cheers

funkymario, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  9. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    Who told you it was temporary?

The Pheonix, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  10. funkymario

funkymario Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The Pheonix, no offence but i dont have time to teach you SEO.. however if you can afford my SEO Consulting fees ($100 per hour) i'll be more than happy to explain to you why there is no such thing as "permanent" google penalties.

peace.

funkymario, Oct 21, 2007 IP
    shenron likes this.
  11. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    Don't try and dodge by patronising, have you ever thought that I just might happen to keep my finger on the pulse of SEO as well. :rolleyes: Fact is that in reality Google can de-index an url forever and a day if they so wish, you have no evidence that they are going to re-instate after three months, nor to the contrary or do you. If not I'd suggest not looking like a fool making bold statements you clearly can't back up. ;)

The Pheonix, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  12. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    hmmmm cant we just "assume" that since they arent "banned" that they are indeed coming back?

thx
    malcolm

malcolm1, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  13. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes of course we can. :)

The Pheonix, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  14. lohan

lohan Guest

Best Answers:
    The site is penalised but has not been de-indexed. But are the back links being counted? This is the question is it not?

lohan, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  15. stoner3221

stoner3221 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If a site is penalized chances are in my opinion slim that they pass any link juice, but at this point we have no binding proof. Many appear to have also lost the majority of their cached pages. You know for sure when this happens they will pass no link juice.

stoner3221, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  16. Betias

Betias Peon

Best Answers:
    You have probably seen too many movies where one "good" guy saves the world. The world has always been like this: the good and the bad co-exist together.

We cannot close down DP because there are a few bad apples in the basket. The system is created to flush them out. But that does not always work.

Goodluck with your campaign, but do not be surprised if not too many people join your doomsday "sky falling" bandwagon.

Betias, Oct 23, 2007 IP