1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I?????

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by Blonde Jon, Oct 20, 2007.

I've never been serious about CJ until recently. I've teamed up with my brother-n-law who knows how to code so we are creating a site using a data feed from CJ.

My question is, when you are using other people's data feeds do you try to make your site look similar to affiliate's site or do you make your site very unique?

If you made it similar to the affiliate site, I think it would help when people clicked on your buy now button that they wouldn't freak out and think "something fishy is going on I just got redirected to a totally different site!".

What do you guys do? Do you make it clear that they are being redirected to the affiliate site? Or do you make your site look similar to the affiliate site and make the customer feel they never left your site to the affiliate site?

I hope I'm making sense.

Thanks

Blonde Jon, Oct 20, 2007 IP
  2. DealWorx

DealWorx Peon

Best Answers:
    You make something unique. You can actually get in trouble trying to make your site look too much like the affiliate site, legally alone. In addition the merchant might drop you if they see your site looks just like theirs. It's as bad as trademark bidding.

DealWorx, Oct 20, 2007 IP
  3. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    I would make site similar but unique. Do not make it exact same thing or it would be duplicate content.

rcj662, Oct 20, 2007 IP
  4. Blonde Jon

Blonde Jon Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It wouldn't be exact. Maybe same color schemes, but different layout.

What kind of approach do you guys take? How do you keep your customers feeling secure about their purchase on the affiliate's site?

Do you make it obvious that you are an affiliate? Or would you rather them assume that you are the "real" site?

5. indianrichierich

indianrichierich Banned

Best Answers:
    sorry blonde for posting in ur section

but had no other option i was very eger to know abt data feeds

hxxp://www.onlynaturalpet.com in this where can i find the datafeed?

my frnd is a programmer he can certainly handle the coding part but where do i find the data feed for that site i got approved for the site am trying to find more on its data feed

indianrichierich, Oct 20, 2007 IP
  6. DealWorx

DealWorx Peon

Best Answers:
    Since we do a lot of ebay stuff it's really hard to "pretend" to be ebay. However, after doing this all these years I have never pretended to be any merchant, and made it clear once the customer was ready to buy they would be taken to the actual merchant. Honesty is always the best policy. :)

DealWorx, Oct 20, 2007 IP
    Blonde Jon likes this.
  7. Blonde Jon

Blonde Jon Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info.

How do you make it clear that they will be going to the actual merchant? Do you have a link that says purchase this fine product from bla bla bla. I'm assuming that on your about page you have a write up saying that your site is an affiliate site for bla bla and maybe give them info on how secure their order will be on the actual merchant site?