1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DP Writing absolute crap?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Taler, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I employed a couple of article writers on DP before and they all produce mangled garbage. Anyone had any positive experiences?

Taler, Oct 15, 2007 IP
    Crazy_Rob likes this.
  2. jmousseau

jmousseau Banned

Best Answers:
    If you pay people pennies on the word, then yes you will get that. People don't understand why writers charge more, it's because they provide QUALITY, PROFESSIONAL WORKS.

jmousseau, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  3. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    How much were you paying per 100 words?

dcristo, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  4. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    I have positive experiences every day...but that might be because I can actually write. :)

internetauthor, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  5. Taler

Taler Peon

Best Answers:
    I paid a dollar for every 100 words. It's difficult to get real quality, how do you advertise? A dollar per 100 words seem to be the market price around here, what do you want me to do? Are there "luxury" brand writers putting themselves out there on DP?

What kind of positive experiences did you have? jmousseau, how much do you pay and what kind of quality do you get back?

internetauthor, same question, except how much do you charge and what kind of things do you write?

Taler, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  6. 007c

007c Peon

Best Answers:
    You get what you pay for. Sure you might get lucky but in most cases if you pay peanuts you get monkey work. This is why you must check the itrader feedback and even more you can pm the last persons who had business with him.

007c, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  7. Taler

Taler Peon

Best Answers:
    I understand this, what I'm asking is if anyone bought anything off DP that was actually good, regardless of the price.

Taler, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  8. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Don't forget english is your first language. :p

That's a big plus.

zac439, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  9. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    Correct. You have earned a big tick for that. Don't forget to put some tee tree oil on it before you attack it with the tweezers:

[​IMG]

Cheap SEO Services, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  10. jmousseau

jmousseau Banned

Best Answers:
    I actually write. I usually charge $15-$25 per 500 word article... I write for many companies, this site is merely used to give me a few minor projects every so often.

11. monty2002

monty2002 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can get paid up to $30 per article (500 words) by submitting to one site I know. People on DP want me to write for $10 per article (500 words). I know my writing is better than most and I know I'm worth more than $10, but because so many indians/foreigners who charge about $1 for 500 words I was forced to write for pennies on here.

People don't understand that you pay for quality, and if you get someone who is not a native english speaker, then it's NOT going to be the same quality. I can speak French to a high standard, but I'm not going to charge someone for me to write them an article in french, because I know it won't be as good as it should be.

I gave up article writing on DP after a few jobs, I got plenty of PMs asking me to do really complicated articles (one person wanted me to write 5 articles on car repair! with detailed instructions!) for peanuts.

monty2002, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  12. jmousseau

jmousseau Banned

Best Answers:
    Monty, I Second You!
    Long Live Quality Writers!

monty2002 likes this.
  13. monty2002

Best Answers:
    there should be a "quality writers" section where members can submit samples of their work to staff members and the decent writers can have their own forum where they sell their services. It'll never happen cause this forum is against change, but it should!

14. jmousseau

jmousseau Banned

Best Answers:
    I agree!!!! I merely use this forum as extra cash, most of my work is from marketing companies etc.

15. monty2002

Best Answers:
    I found a site where I can submit an article and they always sell really quickly! Effectively I can write as many articles as I want, on whatever subjects I want, and make more money than on DP.

this is why decent writers move away from DP, it just isn't cost effective...

16. jmousseau

jmousseau Banned

Best Answers:
    I just added you on MSN --- so sign on if you want -- want to ask you about the site and stuff, better than back and forth on here. :)

17. monty2002

Best Answers:
    Hi, I'll talk to you later but I'm about to go to school, so I really should be going round about now!

18. lkj

lkj Peon

Best Answers:
    the key to the value content is that you need an EXPERT who can write in the niche you need. not only your content writer needs to be perfect in English, but he must know the niche _very_ good. if you are expert in the niche yourself, write something up and then forward your article to your copy editor who can fix it for you. using this method, i have come up with excellent technical articles... with high value content, not just 500 or 1000 word count that is usually CRAP.

lkj, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  19. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    You would find me in that section :D

Cheap SEO Services, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  20. Courtknee

Courtknee Peon

Best Answers:
    Hooray for quality writers! I'm glad there are some other people in my price range around here. I hardly stop by because all I see offered is the $4 an article stuff.

For the original poster, you definitely get what you pay for! I understand the need for cheap content, but you could buy quality PLR from me and save money.

Courtknee, Oct 15, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.