1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rules Politics/Religion

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by digitalpoint, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    So the lesson here is that you can make insulting and abusive posts, threaten other forum members, hack into their web sites and delete them, and just in general act like a group of uncivilized barbarians -- and all will be forgiven if you just DDOS DigitalPoint for a couple of days?

If this is true, Shawn had better buy a whole lot more hardware -- as he has now set a policy which invites attacks from every script kiddie who he bans from the forum.

Will.Spencer, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  2. leet

leet Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Bud, I was not involved in any kind of attack or whatsoever against DP. Today I personally talked to Shawn even. I was always against the attacks and have been trying to stop the attackers. I don't know where you got that idea.

leet, Oct 13, 2007 IP
    buffalo likes this.
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Leet wasn't attacking btw.

digitalpoint, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  4. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
  5. leet

leet Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you could read Turkish, you would see I was disencouraging them to attack DP. I was telling them not taking it so serious and that it was happening on DP all the time. I even told them if they wanna attack someone, it should be the thread OP's site, not DP.

leet, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  6. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    There is a way. It's called a 'No Politics/Religion talk allowed!!!' rule, with the forum being deleted!!!! EUREKA!!!!!!!! :eek: No one has first amendment rights here!!!!

er, any one know how to turn that thread in to English!!!! :D

Nintendo, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  7. rentdn

rentdn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Leet , long time I've not meet you in Forums , it's good that you've have been trying " disencouraging them to attack DP " , but I want to say something , Do you really think that

" it should be the thread OP's site, not DP "

Will help in any way ?

You are Turk , I'm Armenian ,
    You think ge nocide is lie - I think it's true

And what ? I should attack your website and you mine ?
    You really need to explain your friends ( if they are ) that attacking websites is only spoiling reputation of your nation.

rentdn, Oct 13, 2007 IP
    leet likes this.
  8. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    Come on man. Leet is OK. Nothing in your statement at all. Get some facts before you start posting inaccurate information.

Cheap SEO Services, Oct 13, 2007 IP
    leet likes this.
  9. leet

leet Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It was only a sentence to defend DP, I know it's not right either. Attacking doesn't solve a thing, and if everyone in the world believed same things, it would be absurd.

I've already done a lot to explain them that they're only making the situation worse, and what I got in return was earning some patriotic extremist Turkish enemies :)

By the way, they are not my friends, only members of the webmaster forum and I only know them from there.

leet, Oct 13, 2007 IP
    rentdn likes this.
  10. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    On the real though it made it look to me like the turks were trying to hide something, just think how many others saw the threads they made & witnesses the DDOS attack they did. It was counter productive.

Toopac, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  11. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
  12. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    Toopac, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  13. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Wow, on our forum we just argue...On that forum they actually organize huge ddos attacks!

That was a crappy translator, but don't take that as a personal attack Toopac:) Here are the bad translations, don't really see where leet was trying to talk them out of anything, but maybe that is just the bad translation.

Leets 1st post translated from:
    Günde 5 tane açılıyor öyle İslam'a ve Müslümanlara karşı. Benim DP'de aldığım ceza puanlarının alayı bu dini ve siyasi tartışmalarda ülkemi ve Müslümanları savunmamdandır.

To:
    Daily 5 grain angular so Islam and The Religion of Islam opposed to. My DP'de take notice of punishment puanlarının make fun this religious and political tartışmalarda country and The Religion of Islam savunmamdandır.

leets 2nd post:
    Valla yapılacak birşey de yok ki. Tek tesellimiz bizi savunanların da çıkması. AGS mesela, severim keretayı

Translated to:
    By God yapılacak birşey even if absence that. A single thing consolation us savunanların even if exit. AGS question , fond keretayı

Leets 3rd post:
    Yahu afedersiniz de, kalkıp tüm Hristiyan anneleri becermeye kadar varan küfürler eden hıyar kim?

translated to:
    See here afedersiniz even if , lead towards progress the whole Christian motherhood do skillfully as much as leaf scurrilous eden cucumber who?

Leets 4th post:
    Her şeyi abartan milletim bunu da abarttı. Haklıyken haksız konuma düştük.

tranlated to:
    Every şeyi abartan nation bunu even if abarttı. Haklıyken invidious situation düştük.

Leets 5th post:
    Ota b*ka Osmanlı'yı karıştırmasanız da olmaz zaten. Sen kalkıp tüm Hristiyan annelere, Hristiyanlara, Avrupa'ya, Amerika'ya küfredersen yaptığın terbiyesizliğin ve aptallığın daniskasıdır. Lafım bunu yapana.

translated to:
    Ota bka * Ottoman karıştırmasanız even if impossible in any case. You lead towards progress the whole Christian motherhood , Christianity , Europe , America küfredersen cause to be made bad manners and idiocy daniskasıdır. Lafım bunu author.

Rebecca, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  14. leet

leet Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I'll translate them for you then.

leet, Oct 14, 2007 IP
    mcfox likes this.
  15. samantha pia

samantha pia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    P&R has gone right down the pan since i stopped posting there.

samantha pia, Oct 14, 2007 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  16. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Thanks Leet, then you are one of the good guys.:) It kind of makes me sick though, what has happened to DP. I didn't really have an opinion of Turkey before this all started, but now I do. As you are aware there is even a threat to mods in that thread in p&r by turk, and they are too scared to even remove it. Last night a thread appeared talking about President Bush's relationship with turkey due to genocide situation, and it was deleted promptly even though it said nothing insulting turkey. (it was just a news release). Although it does appear it is ok to insult Jewish people and Christians in p&r. I thought about it last night, and have decided I will find a different webmaster forum. So you can ban me if you like for speaking the truth, I won't be back anyway. Hope the turks enjoy running DP.

Rebecca, Oct 14, 2007 IP
  17. tarponkeith

tarponkeith Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    tarponkeith, Oct 14, 2007 IP
  18. leet

leet Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's not ok to insult any race, religion or belief on DP. Shawn has made it clear with the sticky he posted on P&R a few days ago. There is no reason for you to leave DP :)

leet, Oct 14, 2007 IP
  19. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I'm really not sure that, on a moral level, that was a positive thing to do.

You encouraged e-terrorists to attack people for exercising free speech.

It seems to me that in the long run, this is a very negative thing you have done.

I am not sure how you feel about the freedom of expression, but here in the U.S. it is our most cherished right.

Will.Spencer, Oct 14, 2007 IP
  20. leet

leet Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Freedom of speech does not include attacking a whole country's unity by supporting and doing propaganda of terrorists which has killed tens of thousands of our people. Would you feel fine if I started a thread where I was supporting El Kaida and 9/11?

Still, attacking is no solution though. It was a crisis management and my only intention was to change their target to defend DP.

leet, Oct 14, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.