1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Niche Marketing or Mass Marketing For the Affiliate?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by homebizbuilder, Oct 10, 2007.

homebizbuilder, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  2. richkid

richkid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I personally prefer niche marketing. Becuase even though you dont get as much traffic, it is targetted traffic.

richkid, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  3. bobchrist

bobchrist Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yea, niche market has more scope and are targeted.

bobchrist, Oct 11, 2007 IP
    Jarodboy likes this.
  4. jestjasper

jestjasper Peon

Best Answers:
    I think there is a place for both. But if you have to choose, targeting more specifically to your niche is always the better choice.

jestjasper, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  5. n-james

n-james Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have to agree for affiliate products niche marketing is best. However, once poeple catch onto the fact you've got a sweet niche they all attack it meaning that now your not going to be making as much as if you was in a mass market which is dominated by the big players.

n-james, Oct 11, 2007 IP
    Jarodboy likes this.
  6. pondlife

pondlife Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it's a question of cost - if you can afford it you go for mass marketing...

The big companies that can afford to advertise on TV still try to aim for the niche if they can by arranging that the ads be shown on certain channels at certain times - I suppose the best is to get as much coverage as possible but direct it where you think it will have the most impact... sounds kind of obvious now that I've said it out loud!! :)

Cheers, p.

pondlife, Oct 11, 2007 IP
    Jarodboy likes this.
  7. kenbiz

kenbiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    niche market would be more targetable if you have more time to do and find the profitable micro niches to make enough money for the rest of your life otherwise mass marketing would be your choice.

kenbiz, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  8. homebizbuilder

homebizbuilder Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all your comments. While I love niche marketing myself, I feel that it really depends on which stage of your marketing life you are in.

As a newbie, targeting niche is always a great way to go with lesser competition. However, once you become a heavy weight, you can start to wrestle with other big players in mass marketing since you have built a brand name for yourself. Just my 2 cents' worth.

homebizbuilder, Oct 12, 2007 IP
    Jarodboy likes this.
  9. ipood

ipood Peon

Best Answers:
    Even though a niche market has targeted traffic... many stuffs are free online and free information are all over the place... How do you guys (niche marketers) make the visitors to buy?

Hope you guys can share some skills... :)

ipood, Oct 13, 2007 IP
    Jarodboy likes this.
  10. peeg

peeg Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you guys *missing* the point here?

Affiliate marketing is where you promote products. Therefore, if the market is dominated by "big boys", why put yourself under more work just for the sake of "dominating" a small niche?

Big boys dominate markets with the help of affiliate programs. As the big boys grow, so does their brand. A bigger brand means more searches and more punters. Targeting specific niche problems and then upselling to the big boys is a sound affiliate marketing strategy in my eyes.

Think like an affiliate - promote the successful products... To be an affiliate, there's no need to actively hard sell. If you're capturing the right traffic, you just need to pre-sell and suggest a viable solution to their problem.

That problem being a well-regarded "big boy" company...

THAT's why you shouldn't tip toe around little niches expecting to make a fortune because it just won't happen. All that WILL happen is you make a nice site with plenty of visitors who you then have to make a product for...

That, to me, isn't affiliate marketing but niche marketing (two seperate things).

peeg, Oct 13, 2007 IP
    Jarodboy likes this.
  11. homebizbuilder

homebizbuilder Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi peeg,

You got your point there. You must be a successful affiliate cum product owner. Cheers!

homebizbuilder, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  12. Pauline

Pauline Peon

Best Answers:
    Niche marketing of course!

Pauline, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  13. homebizbuilder

homebizbuilder Peon

Best Answers:
    Ipood, in response to your question, it really depends on what kind of product and niche you are selling. Most are digital products.

While information is free everywhere, most people really do not have the time to collate and sieve through tons of information. This is why they want a silver plater delivered to them.

This is the reason why niche products can thrive.

There are different ways to market. You can use PPC, article marketing or blogging. If you are keen to know how I market with niche products, check out my free report in my signature. I have included a 7-day blueprint for any affiliate to start profiting quickly.

homebizbuilder, Oct 17, 2007 IP
  14. peeg

peeg Peon

Best Answers:
    Just out of interest, how much do you make via niche affiliate marketing?

I'm curious because I am of the mindset that niche marketing would not give both the product choice nor traffic throughput to suffice in large scale marketing efforts.

peeg, Oct 17, 2007 IP
    Raj Kumar likes this.
  15. homebizbuilder

homebizbuilder Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, niche marketing is all about targeting tight interest groups. Your potential customers know what they are looking for, not casual general window shoppers.

You do not need large scale advertising in order to earn in this case. This is the beauty of niche marketing. Small volumes of traffic to each niche can get you sales as the conversion rates are much higher than broad markets.

But that said, you need more than just one or two niche in order to really call it huge. Unless, your niche is a very lucrative one with high margins.

I shall not reveal too much about my income but if you check out my report in my signature, you would have a glimpse of how well I do with niche marketing with affiliate programs. Those are pure profits, as I do not use PPC as my main niche marketing method. ;)

I can tell you it is in the range of thousands. And I am growing it everyday.

homebizbuilder, Oct 18, 2007 IP
  16. rush4rk

rush4rk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Niche marketing of course!

rush4rk, Oct 18, 2007 IP
  17. peeg

peeg Peon

Best Answers:
    Very nice

I still think people in this thread are getting niche and affiliate marketing kind of mixed. I don't want to start a flame war.

But it's a very nice report and well done :)

peeg, Oct 18, 2007 IP