1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Directory Penalzation Round 2

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Dave E, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    A new comer to a directory should concentrate on building a good directory first... Everything else will follow!

Mia, Oct 12, 2007 IP
    The Pheonix likes this.
  2. spin

spin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LMAO I have had one of my sites penalized numerous times....I have this one website on the 3rd page and on the first page.....Go figure! Just do your best to follow Googles guidelines and you should be ok. Directories are not the only sector to having your site bounced around thru the ranks...Hell you should be in the gaming business......Then you would know what a bounce is...lol...Anyway Google is Google...they have their problems too and it is what it is and all we have

spin, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  3. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    The thing you will notice with this anon person, is that he thinks he knows it all when in reality he probably knows very little. Ignore him, anyone who thinks a directory is made up of newsfeeds is clearly dissillusioned. Your questions are always legitmate and always reasonable, the problem is some people here just can't agree to disagree without the need to act like utter clowns dancing for the peanut throwing gallery.

@Anon; I do own several directories, I just choose not to advertise them here and that's my choice. The only thing with my directories though, they have links in them not feeds, do yours? :rolleyes:

The Pheonix, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  4. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I
    I think you might just be embarassed of them and scared it would show how uprofesional you really are. Bragging about your 'imaginary' directory and what it has and doesn't is kind of pathetic.

Your MO is so transparent. Just like the other trolls here you twist other peoples posts to suit your own agenda.

jg123, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  5. lohan

lohan Guest

Best Answers:
    It the same thing thread after thread. I dont have the time to waste on this nonsense. Its futile.

lohan, Oct 12, 2007 IP
    threebuckchuck likes this.
  6. dargre

dargre Peon

Best Answers:
    The thing is not about AnOn - it's about you.
    There are hundreds of people grateful to AnOn for his job, ideas, partnership etc.
    There are hundreds of people hating you for never ending personal attacks, discrediting everything around.
    Try to write some positives from time to time, be honest, be kind to people and you will not have to worry what people write about you.

dargre, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  7. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    Choose what you want to think, I'm certainly not embarrased by them, quite the opposite. Show me a post where I've EVER bragged about my personal directories, I keep them away from here for my own reasons which I don't have to explain to you or anyone else for that matter.

I like that saying, MO = Modus Operandi = Method of Operation. Honesty will always be transparent jg, that's a fact. Who you calling trolls? People who show you up for what you are and who refuse to agree with every word you say? I'd say the trolls are the ones who bully, can't take the truth and constantly condemn people who dare stand up for their own beliefs.

Have a good one. :)

The Pheonix, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  8. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes that PHX is about a pain in the rear :)

Im sure thier are those that dont care for me or my big mouth but
    sometimes i just cant get into words what i really feel and thats the
    down fall of writing posts and not being thier in front off the person.

Regardless off whether you get under my skin i will still like ya at the end off the day.... ;)

just not as much as the day before :p

thx
    malcolm

malcolm1, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  9. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    This is not the first. Something is wrong if newcomers feel that they cant participate, ask questions and get a civil, constructive response.
    I don't think anyone will argue that directories are about content and that editorial integrity is what distinguishes one directory from another. But thats about as far as it goes before it degenerates into a mud slinging match.

Who are we building content for? What are the priorities directory masters should address first?

workshop, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  10. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A troll is someone that makes useless posts with the intention of inciting arguments. A troll does not base their posts on (and ignores) logic they just want to cause conflict. A troll takes other peoples posts and twists them in pursuit of their own agenda and causes advesarial relationships with others.

But on the other hand I do agree that there is some bullying and butt-kissing that goes on here but trolls are far more annoying because they keep useless, off-topic threads going forever with double-talk and manipulation of the facts.

jg123, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  11. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    Being one of the most irritating idiots on this forum you would know and whilst your comments do have some relevance to the topic of Penalisation either make an effort to debate the issue constructively or piss off. The problem with this forum is that newcomers are expected to pay door money and to "promote" their sites before getting accepted as an authority on a subject they know nothing about. And in the real world it does not work this way. Google has got a hair up their nose, most people know why and we should all know by now that we either make changes to the way we do things or we will be playing in the traffic like street kids begging for alms.

So why try to fool ourselves. Our directories are used by Google as part of the process they apply to rank sites, one against the other. That's it period. Your average internet user does not look for a directory to search for stuff. There are always exceptions to the rule but if you start off understanding that we are all working for Google the battles almost won.

And for those of you who are still struggling, let me put it in terms you might understand. Rule one: "Don't sh*t on your own doorstep".

workshop, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  12. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    So are you saying that only people like you and the like make 'valid' posts? Us 'Trolls' are always wrong and twist things? Truth is that we 'trolls' simply speak up against what used to be a much larger group of bullies who think they know it all.

As for double talk, I'm not the one who sends p.m's to people telling me why they think they are right, I post facts right from the start. If challenged I stand up to that.

Let's get back on track with this thread and look at directory penalization round 2 instead of lowering this into a mud throwing competition that gets no-where. Let's agree to disagree in a decent way, not like kids throwing toys out of their prams.

@malcolm; I might be a pain in the butt, but I'm one who is as honest as the day is long and say what I know for a fact I can back up. ;)

The Pheonix, Oct 13, 2007 IP