1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Directory Penalzation Round 2

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Dave E, Sep 25, 2007.

1. LanceT22

LanceT22 Peon

Best Answers:
    Arguing with these guys gets your nowhere. It's never a discussion. I don't know why anyone wastes their time with it. These guys just make assertions and ignore all answers to it.

People are being misguided and it is unfortunate. People can disagree, but there is no useful discourse happening here. It's just a bunch of hard-headed people that lack critical thinking skills and refuse to "open there minds". Why even make a post if you aren't open to a discussion?

It's probably the #1 contributor to why DP has been completely dead for the last 2 weeks or so. I can just stay home and convince myself I am right. I don't need to post it on a forum. I used to come here for meaningful discussions and to learn. Ahhhh... the good old days... lately it's just bickering and closed-minded assertions. It really is too bad DP has digressed into this.

Lance

LanceT22, Oct 11, 2007 IP
    DownUnder likes this.
  2. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    So funny how he claims that directories can be set up for (keywords) 'different reasons', but then goes on to say that they are (keywords) 'primarily used for webmaster back links'

Who the hell is he to know what every single owner has planned for their directory!

This is what is wrong with the forums lately. Idiocy running in the forums trying to tell people what is right, wrong, what you are suppose to do, what you are not suppose to do.

Individuality is what it's about. We aren't robots!
    When we have ideas of vision, we are suppose to make them happen. If need be, then 3rd party devs can make it happen for people.
    The whole you are suppose to make unique this and that and blah blah blah is ludicrous.

Owners need to wake up out of this daze they appear to be in and start owning up to their own projects and creating what they originally envisioned.
    Don't back down from nobody, and no robot driven search engine!

an0n, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  3. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    No arguments with that but what I am saying is that directories are primarly used by web masters as a source of back links. Why not accept that? Why pretend its any different
    Classic. Sheer poetry. I wonder if its those What Are The Strongest Directory posts that I miss so much? Or is it all the back slapping, hail fellow well met camaraderie that no longer exists. Don't fret Lance the rats are still in their holes sharpening their teeth and you will see them soon enough.
    What have you been smoking sunshine. You have got yourself all mixed up and are tripping over your own shoe laces.

workshop, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  4. DownUnder

DownUnder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    a good post and i hope the good old days return, for me it was simple. I only have 24 hours in a day , filling it with rubbish wastes my time.

This message is hidden because workshop is on your ignore list.

DownUnder, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  5. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    F.Y.I. - he was referring to YOU!

You bark words of quality and integrity, and spew all kinds of sh*t, and yet, you can't even comprehend, nor catch a hint.

an0n, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  6. LanceT22

LanceT22 Peon

Best Answers:

Yes... and what a great illustration of the point I was trying to make... Notice how he ignored the "meat" of my post about meaningless dialog and focuses on the "tagline" that means nothing. These guys have made an art out of it, and unfortunately DP will remain dead until that changes.. Sad :(

LanceT22, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  7. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Very funny and yet sad at the same time.

Of course he ignored it. Most likely he cannot stay focused long enough to read more than 2 sentences at a time. (and even then he still can't comprehend that)

I'd like to make a toast; Lets toast to DP cleaning up the sh*t in the directory forums one day!

Wishful thinking, but hey, you never know!

an0n, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  8. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    There you go. Just as you thought it was safe to go back into the water. Nasty lot these. :eek:

9. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    I'm wonderin g who's the saddest, the people like me or people like you who use terminology better seen in kindergarten? Are you saying a newsfeed directory is the new way forward you font of all knowledge? :rolleyes:

The Pheonix, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  10. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    This is obviously and expected post from a pre-kindergarten child like-minded individual such as yourself!

now, with that being said: READ

And just like I told another; re-read(many times over in necessary)

You have no clue about anything. You come here and spew sh*t. You have no directories. You don't know how to code. You are just aliasing as a smurf yet again.

an0n, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  11. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    Without degenerating this even further than you already have (I clearly get to you) :D I again bow to your clear superiority and wisdom.. most of us are clearly not worthy of even being in your presence, I just want to be you, I really do. :rolleyes:

The Pheonix, Oct 11, 2007 IP
    enQuira likes this.
  12. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Glad you feel that way. Now back up your beliefs and leave the forums altogether now, so we can make this a much better place without the idiocy from you.

Besides, you have no directory.

an0n, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  13. pctec

pctec Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This entire thread, along with many others in the section, have become nothing but a bitchfest. I am almost glad I have the flu because it prevents me from sitting here reading so much.

pctec, Oct 11, 2007 IP
    pipes likes this.
  14. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes me too..

I have my dark sunglasses on :D

malcolm1, Oct 11, 2007 IP
    pctec and pipes like this.
  15. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    cough.......
    Am I the one thats out of step, am I that wrong? If what I was saying warranted that attack by anOn I will try to moderate my posts in future. But I believe the question was reasonable and is on topic.

16. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There was no 'attack', and you were quoted AND answered. It is not my, nor the rest of the forum's fault if you cannot comprehend the English language.

just keep re-reeeeeeading. Eventually it will sink in.

an0n, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  17. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Of late DP's directory section has become the throne of Circus jokers who just follow the scripts and try to make fun as is required by the bosses.:rolleyes:

I have nearly stopped posting regularly as I used to do few months back., It was good old days -to have good company, argue with friends and share different views/perspective.

But since jokers like conshop- sprang up who would write just anything to increase his post count/visibility in oder to attract traffic to his ( sorry I think she is Julie as is written on Circusguides:p) Pyramid age directory, I lost interest in this section. As from then on it was not about how to lead our industry forward despite all the drawbacks ( who is perfect anyway?) --it became a stage for clowns who BS about anything.

Its good that Rob- you, me, and few others have withdrawn considerably. I am now looking much beyond DP for my online passion (sorry conshop- its not my main profession so that I would be scared of you to destroy me as you threathened), and am happy. I would now say that I am relatively established as I receive my targetted amount of submissions without DP:)

The online is much-much-too much vast in nature and scope than Con people like conshop presume. I feel sorry for them that- by the time they realize, the online will change again.

So is WWW much greater than one Google. Who heard of Google 9 years 2 months back? NOBODY.

So will there be Google after 9 years and 2 months? I bet yes-- but in differtent format as its place will be captured by someone more responsive, co-operative with the webmasters who have made this exponential expansion of WWW possible. Webmasters are the veins/blood and pulse of this eternal phenomenon called WWW--many Google can come and go ---but webmasters will always remain.

We can definitely live without Google--but what happens when all of us stop Google bots through robotos.txt?

No--its not Google which has made online this big-- its you, me, and others.

Ask/Altavista were big--too big once. Nobody could imagine their demise at that time. But here we go-- the new people who are getting introduced to internet due to rapid growth of internet connectivity/penetration don't even know them.:rolleyes:

jhnrang, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  18. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It's true john, in that I just held back for a bit(basically most of September).

The repetitive sh*t and accusations that I've read over and over and over again all month need to be either proven, or those people need to STFU already.

Today, just by pure out of the blue chance, I didn't feel like working, so I took the day off. I come to the forum and start reading all of the asinine bullsh*t and just felt compelled to jump in.

All I see are people like the_phony/phoenix chasing me around and others and crying foul and just outright whining like cry babies and doing nothing more than that.

You also have this workspammer just running up post counts without answering any legit questions, and when anything is answered with regards to anything he(mark)/joy(her) (husband and wife) say, they can't even comprehend it.
    That's just spam.

Where has our beloved sensei gone since his directory got bi*ch smacked?
    He spoke so much sh*t about dump, and cited it several times on matt cutts blog(and in a deceitful manner to boot), but now where is he and his directory?

With all of these pathetic hypocrites running around, I truly, very very truly feel sorry for anyone new in the niche reading any of the misleading trash that they spew.

I guess nobody else has/had the balls to put names up, but like with everything I do, I do it honestly, without prejudice and just tell it like it is, unlike what all of these other posers try and claim they do. pfffft

Now let them all whine!

an0n, Oct 11, 2007 IP
  19. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    This is where you butted in and it just went downhill from there.

20. lohan

lohan Guest

Best Answers:
    What should newcomers entering the directory niche do? Follow your example?

lohan, Oct 12, 2007 IP