1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is article spinning?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by DixieCentral, Oct 6, 2007.

Hi All,

Anyone of you can tell me what is article spinning and where I can find a person who can spin articles for me?

What are normal rates for article spining?

Please do reply.

Regards,

DixieCentral, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  2. kentuckyslone

kentuckyslone Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Article spinning is when someone takes an existing article and re-writes it.

In my opinion you would be better off just to get some original articles. If you do decide to have existing articles re-written you should expect to pay about 1 cent per word.

kentuckyslone, Oct 6, 2007 IP
    usasportstraining likes this.
  3. Analyst

Analyst Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Spinning according to my knowledge is the process of creating more than one articles out of an existing article by rewriting it. I personally won't recommend spinning sort of things, but in case if you must have to go for this option, just post in Content Creation section here at DP, you'll get a fairly good response, and possibly at less than a cent/word as well.

Analyst, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  4. gr8liverpoolfan

gr8liverpoolfan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Spinning the article is to make different versions of an existing one. There are people who sell software to do this, but I'd recommend you to get it done from a human writer.

gr8liverpoolfan, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  5. soccer-writer

soccer-writer Peon

Best Answers:
    But always do try to acquire unique content. There is nothing more rewarding that unique content and a lot of good writers are available here on DP.

soccer-writer, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  6. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    Cheap SEO Services, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  7. cashcow

cashcow Peon

Best Answers:
    While unique content is best, spining an article (if you do it the right way) does have it's merits.

If you are submitting articles to article directories a spun version (again, I'll stress that it must be a quality article spun the right way) can help you bypass the "duplicate content" filter. So, if you want to submit to 50 article directories, then you could "spin" 50 versions of the article and submit 1 to each.

You wouldn't want to put 50 versions of the same article on your website or submit more than 1 of them to the article directories.

Spinning has a bad "rep" because some of the tools out there rely heavily on synonym replacement which doesn't always come out sounding right. Especially if you go overboard with the synonyms!

To make a good article that is "spun" you should replace sentences and phrases. So, in essence it is like you would be writing 5 or 10 of the same article sentence by sentence, then the tool simply spins them in different combinations for many articles that are not exact word for word. If you write the sentences well, all the articles will come out sounding great!

Ok, so that's probably more than you wanted to know, but like everyone above said, spinning is taking one article and using a tool to make different "versions" that are combined in different ways to produce content.

cashcow, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  8. Union

Union Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest that your writing time would be much better spent creating unique content for yourself, rather than 'spinning' articles. In the long run you will have a much more substantial reward.

Union, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  9. shuttle

shuttle Active Member

Best Answers:
    EXACTLY! It is not simply rewriting the existing one but more or less creating several new ones based on the content that is within the original one.

shuttle, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  10. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with this definition of article spinning.
    I am not sure though why you would not recommend it. There is nothing wrong with this.

ablaye, Oct 9, 2007 IP
  11. NathanielJ

NathanielJ Active Member

Best Answers:
    The thing is you could not be sure of the quality that you will most probably get from the articles. If you do it manually it will consume a lot of time and you have a small chance to achieve good quality (if you are a good writer of course), in case you are using a software to spin the articles or a content generator kind of application you will get a crappy quality for sure.

NathanielJ, Oct 9, 2007 IP
  12. cashcow

cashcow Peon

Best Answers:
    It is time consuming for sure.

I think it's better if you do it yourself, that way you can control the quality (even if you use software). If you rely on someone else they might depend too heavily on synonym replacement and it will come out sounding crappy.

That's what most people do, and therefore, the whole notion of "spinning" leaves a bad taste in most peoples mouth.

It doesn't have to come out crappy though if you take care and know what you are doing.

cashcow, Oct 9, 2007 IP
  13. Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler Member

Best Answers:
    Article spinning is creating many versions of unique content from one piece of article, for example. Thus reducing the amount of duplicate content you send out, helping you in ensuring that the links that point to you from all these article directories and other host sites will count.

Nightcrawler, Oct 10, 2007 IP
  14. DeniseJ

DeniseJ Live, Laugh, Love

Best Answers:
    You ask what article spinning is - but then you ask to find someone to do it for you? That doesn't make much sense.

Anyway - article spinning is taking one article and regurgitating it a bunch of times to make a lot of crappy articles that no one cares about. Don't use article spinning software UNLESS you could care less about the quality of your articles.

If you insist on creating several different versions of essentially the same article, I would recommend either you do it yourself or hire someone to create unique content for you. No article spinning software compares to a writer who knows what they are doing.

As a forewarning, I'd be careful that the articles you are reproducing are truly unique... plagiarism in any form is illegal. So if you must spin an article make sure the article you are spinning is one you own the rights too.

DeniseJ, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  15. TiGG

TiGG Peon

Best Answers:
    Keep in mind there are different types of article spinning methods.

1) The one most people think of is automated spinning that creates pure junk. These work by replacing words and phrases with words/phrases in a database at random. They take almost no time to use, plug the article in and click a button, but they produce the worst results.

2) The second method is by using a writing to hand rewrite each article. This works great and is cheaper then having unique articles written but you're still looking at $1-2/article for someone that speaks decent english.

3) My personal favorite is using the new generation of article spinners that are more or less just a tool to help you rewrite the articles yourself. You provide alternative sentences, phrases, words, and paragraphs in a spinning syntax format. It usually takes 1-2 hours to convert an article to this format. Then you can click a button and have 999 versions created instantly.

Best news, Jetspinner does method 3 and is completely free. Jetspinner also will integrate with Jetsubmitter to submit a unique version of each article to 470 different article directories on a time release basis.

Thanks,
    Todd

TiGG, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  16. Flif

Flif Active Member

Best Answers:
    My favorite is CntentSolution. Anybody tried it?

Flif, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  17. seola

seola Peon

Best Answers:
    I have content solution

it is full of bugs, you would need a repelant

but for simple stuff it works and you can spin articles, I mean phrases.

seola, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  18. amanamission

amanamission Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I use Jetspinner to manually spin articles and I think it is great, although it has its limitations. I have not done spinnning for others, as it is laborious, but I would be willing to teach the basics or produce a spun article for a reasonable consideration. The important thing is to match phrases and use a lot of variants for each word.
    This is best for SEO writing and the result is not likely to be great literature. The writing is of necessity a bit flat and general. But I disagree that spinning=crap. Rather, manual spinning is a compromise that saves time and allows fully rewritten articles to be created from a template.

amanamission, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  19. Beakerwriter

Beakerwriter Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a couple of article spinning clients. It is incredibly tedious, but it's been steady work. The main thing to look for is someone who has experience with it and doesn't just plug in synonyms. I rewrite each sentence instead of using word replacement. I usually either use JetSpinner or the client will take the versions and spin them somewhere on his own. If the person writing it is skilled and takes care to make each sentence contain the same information, the results are seamless. I've heard from a lot of people that they have seen spinning that came out as gibberish, but you'd have to be pretty incompetent to end up with that result. I wrote an article about spinning that explains the process and why people use it, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a link to it here.

Beakerwriter, Oct 26, 2007 IP
  20. amanamission

amanamission Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think there's no problem with that if it's on topic. I'd like the benefit of your experience, to be sure. If nothing else, shoot me a PM and we'll talk.

amanamission, Oct 26, 2007 IP