1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why people sells cheap design?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by shahcloud, Oct 3, 2007.

1. ansi

ansi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hey i didn't start this thread. another person who sees things the same way that i do did. these new designers who don't know what they are doing and who use pirated software are taking business from designers who have actually purchased to the software and are actually talented. who are you to tell me where to rant and where not to, you are from the US. here we have this little thing called the Freedom of Speech. perhaps you are familiar with it? i have put years of dedication into something that i love and i would expect the same from anyone else who is in this business. i mean hell, half of these morons do not even know the difference between a logo and a banner for christ's sake. again, welcome to digital point... home of wannabe designer where anyone with an internet connection can illegally download software and still call themselves a professional.

ansi, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  2. RichUser

RichUser Banned

Best Answers:
    Your the most active person in this thread, so you are the one who is most against this. Yes, freedom of speech is allowed, but you cannot tell others that they aren't allowed to sell cheap logos or whatever. They have that right.

RichUser, Oct 7, 2007 IP
    buffalo likes this.
  3. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It's like this with his freedom of speech :

You can say whatever you want but you MUST do like I tell you to :D

ANSI :

BTW I just sold another cheap template ! Made almost 400 bucks today "on Sunday" selling cheap templates. Worked on them some 4-5 hours. So how much did ansi made hehe. I bet I am paid better by the hour ;)
    Guess I am no christian since I work on sunday huh. Didn't go to church today to confess about my stolen Photoshop!

Go cry your momma how bad people are here on DP designing with all those stolen application but don't come here trashing people and assuming what they have and how they design.
    Work your way and leave the rest alone !

iatbm, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  4. clinton

clinton Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with everything, designers and hosting sites who want to make a quick buck are ruining the market for the people who can do the real thing.

clinton, Oct 7, 2007 IP
    ansi likes this.
  5. ansi

ansi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i never told them that they couldn't. all i said was that they were ruining it for real designers. and as for you iabtm, go beat yourself with a dictionary.

ansi, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  6. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Another one who wants to do it but cannot right ?

iatbm, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  7. Nora

Nora Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If cheap designs mean a lack of quality then why would people buy them in the first place? It all comes down to it that cheap and expensive designers eventually both create about the same kind of graphics. Wouldn't it be stupid to pay a lot of money when somebody can create exactly the same but way cheaper? There are simply too many designers these days to expect you can still make a living of designing.. you'd have to be a real pro to make that happen and only then will cheap prices elsewhere not affect you. Would making cheap designs make somebody less of a designer and are all the people that are asking too much money for it professionals?

Nora, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  8. ansi

ansi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it's the quality of what we do that makes it more money. a REAL designer isn't going to slap something together in 5 minutes and sell it to you for $3 i am sorry but it just does not work that way. and as for "cheap vs expensive designers providing the same thing", do you buy your panties from a thrift store to save a buck? people like myself put our hearts into what we do and spend more than a couple minutes on a design. personally i have spent over 3 days fine tuning one design. it's just me i guess but i expect to be paid well for my dedication to what i love and the amount of time and effort that i put into my design to make sure that everything is right and nothing is out of place. sure i could slap something together and sell it for a few bucks and call it done... but is it? have i really put any thought into what i am providing my client with? do i want people to see it and know that it is something that i created? no. i want everything to be spot on if my name is involved with it. that is how i generate business. quality work. if it is not up to my standards, i am not going to hand it over to a client. feel free to sell your thrown together stuff for less than a pair of second hand undergarments that is up to you.

ansi, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  9. procrastinator

procrastinator Peon

Best Answers:
    Its a free market out there, if you cant compete on a design level , compete on a price level , i dont see anything wrong with that. I dont think just because some people are selling it at a lower price would mean they suck at the job.
    If you cant beat em , join em.

procrastinator, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  10. soumax

soumax Guest

Best Answers:
    Surely they are destroying the market. If someone wants to get $1 to 2 they can join the PPC programs. Its better than destroying the market.

soumax, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  11. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hey whiners do you see the difference between pre-made design and designing for a client the whole thing when there is need for talking, designing, talking, designing, talking, finetuning and more than main page template ?
    Go whine to templatemonster ... they sell more cheap designs than people do here on DP ;)

ANSI : obviously the guys who are buying cheap designs here are not your market......so I don't get what is your problem ... If someone wants the whole thing he will PM you and you will work couple of days for him and charge him appropriate amount of money....

iatbm, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  12. shahcloud

shahcloud Peon

Best Answers:
    LoL..i guess starting this thread was a mistake?

shahcloud, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  13. reezluv

reezluv Active Member

Best Answers:
    it's all about the money man..If you are willing to pay for certain price for that design..erm..:rolleyes:

reezluv, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  14. Mooseman

Mooseman Peon

Best Answers:
    It sucks when people are too cheap. It's plain stupidity to do logos for like $1 imo. It's not worth the time put into it imo. I don't care though, let them waste their time making cheap designs.

Mooseman, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  15. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    WHO THE FUCK are you to tell people who are "real" designers and who are not ?
    I can feel you suffers since you cannot control things. You wanna be control freak or what ?

YOU ARE TOO SMALL!

iatbm, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  16. Nora

Nora Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I do like that you put your heart into it.. a lot of people seem to lack that these days including those that charge more. I can't really argue the whole minute work vs work that takes a few days because there's nothing to compare but when I look at some of the more expensive logo websites I notice that people can whip up the exact same work and ask a lot less for it. If you put your heart into what you do it will definitely make your designs stand out from cheaper designers so why worry about the low prices they ask?

Nora, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  17. IM5202

IM5202 Peon

Best Answers:
    If someone can whip together a logo in 5 minutes then it's worth less. If that's what some people want than that's fine.

If you take 3 days to do a logo then charge more. What's the problem?

It's called competition.

Not everyone wants to pay $100+ for a logo that they will use for a hobby website they started.

You should be targeting business owners if you demand a premium price.

IM5202, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  18. Aguila

Aguila Guest

Best Answers:
    Graphic designers just need to start refusing work for under $100.00 and change the market.

It's a shame when you see someone looking for a logo for $20.00.

A logo should be priced from $100-$20,000

Aguila, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  19. tarponkeith

tarponkeith Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    $20,000 for a logo? The prices are controlled by the free market; if everyone works together to raise the price, it will only be a matter of time before the designers start lowering prices to undercut each other... How about you let designers charge what they want, and if they don't like the offer, don't do the work...

tarponkeith, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  20. Caddyman

Caddyman Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll do a web banner for $20, no less. A logo for $20, but im not that great. better at customizing vB forums, all custom images for $100

Caddyman, Oct 8, 2007 IP