1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What can the atheists offer the rest of the world???

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by proteindude, Oct 5, 2007.

1. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You like to not answer questions ;)

What do you not get about Atheist is not a group, it just is? It is not a group like religion, therefore of course it's not going to have songs singing about Atheism.

There of course could be some songs, songs that do not include all atheists just as your group/link you posted before, just as a generic song about religion does not include all religions.

So is this the basis of your argument, there are not any good songs that include a group that in reality does not exist so they should not be in office?

You are all over the place with no logic that stands any true test, in order to believe what you post I guess you trully have to have blind faith.

GRIM, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  2. omgitsfletch

omgitsfletch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your last point sums it up entirely. Proteindude has some kind of problem accepting that not everyone believes what he does, and that they don't behave like he thinks they should behave. I'm not Christian, but I can see that for some people that's their thing, and its what guides them in their life and makes them a better person. It's not for me, but if it works for them, awesome. Get over it bro.

omgitsfletch, Oct 7, 2007 IP
    GRIM likes this.
  3. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Did I step on your toes when I asked you if you told lies? And I see you still didn't answer a simple question: What do you call someone who tells lies? This is a simple question.

I agree with you: I am in no position to check your morals. I don't even know what your morals are.

And regarding songs: anyone (even the satanists have their own songs: heavy metal and all those songs that mock interestingly enough not Buddha or Mohammed but Jesus) can compose songs. I was just after ONE (but you can give me more if you wish) song that has as its theme atheism. I just want to expand my knowledge.

proteindude, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  4. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What do you not get Atheism is not a group, how is it that difficult for you to comprehend?

If you can not comprehend that Atheism is not like religions, not like 'satanism' or anything else you try to compare it to there is no point.

Atheists DO NOT believe in gods, that does not = them being in groups that get together like religions do. Why is that so difficult for you to comprehend? Anyone with a third grade education, hell no education at all should understand this simple point.

GRIM, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  5. omgitsfletch

Best Answers:
    You know, I haven't busted out my personal banhammer in a while, but I really think proteindude is ignorant enough to earn a coveted 3rd spot next to GTech and d16man on my "never have to hear such idiocy spew from his cakehole again" ignore list. Please give me one more completely idiotic thing to confirm you contribute nothing meaningful to conversation.

6. proteindude

Best Answers:
    You know, I am so honored to receive this award (NOT). But putting me on the same pedestal (even though below) as Gtech, now that is something I appreciate. Thanks dude.

Getting back to the title of this thread: What can the atheists offer the rest of the world??? Give me something positive (we took songs out).

7. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Rationality, Reality, Logic, The truth, Science, Honesty and the eradication of primitive cults. What do you guys have again? Oh that's it, "Songs". :rolleyes:

stOx, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  8. omgitsfletch

Best Answers:
    We've got a winner!

125 posts later, and proteindude was apparently asleep the entire thread.

1. He missed the part where we explained that scientific contributions come from an almost exclusively atheist field of scientists.
    2. He missed the part where we explained that many atheists give their time to charity and donate to the needy, although not under the guise of a religion; they just do it.
    3. He missed the part where we explained that for the most part, atheists are promoting peace and equality, because we believe earth is the beginning and end of us.
    4. Most importantly, he tried to attack us as a group and rationalize our actions compared to the actions of Christianity and other religions, but it's not a valid comparison. We don't get together and decide what things we believe, what actions we support and disapprove of, we don't get together to decide who we need to elect as president because they will push for laws that further our agenda the most.

In general, we are highly individualistic people, who don't give a shit what anyone else believes, and just want everyone to be free to do their own thing without others telling them how to live their lives, and we don't want government down our throats trying to babysit us from cradle to grave.

In any case, proteindude is either mentally challenged and missed all these points in the last 100+ posts, or he just chose not to acknowledge them. In either case, you've proven that you are like arguing with a brick wall.

9. proteindude

Best Answers:
    I see....no morals, no songs, no hope, eradicating those who think otherwise and theories: first there was nothing and then an explosion which we have no idea why or what caused it. Then we had some type of a cell and then a fish and billions of year after we had monkeys and then humans which we care about so much that stox goes and volunteers his time in an animal shelter. :confused:

10. proteindude

Best Answers:
    You so got me here. All those people jumping off bridges because they lost their life savings in bingo at the local church.

What do you know about Crusades? Did you learn about them from Hollywood movies? But when you compare the Crusades with Atheism remember the conclusion??? In 50 years alone communism which has as its basis the belief there is no God killed more (in only 50 years) than all the religious wars combined together in the whole history of human kind. Just pointing out what belief in no God leads to.

11. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    We have morals (more than you going by your infanticide capabilities), We don't give them to people though. Just like you don't.

We have songs, They aren't atheist songs though. re-read the many times people explained this concept to you, And try extra hard to understand it.

I don't want to eradicate religion because it believes something different to me, There are lots of people who think different, Some people like tomatoes, I can't stand them, I don't want to eradicate tomatoes though. I want to eradicate religion because it's divisive, it's responsible for far more bad than it is good, it causes people to lose the ability to think for themselves and it seems intent on dragging mankind back to the bronze age. that's why i want it eradicated.

No hope? There is no hope in science? if you ever get sick don't dare go to the doctors, otherwise you will have proven, At least to yourself, that you are nothing but a hypocrite. Just sit at home and pray, See what happens.

Answer me this question. if you have treatable cancer and you could chose between prayer or medical treatment, you can only pick one, What one would you pick?

He starts of comparing the crusades with atheism, And then goes on to talk about how many death communism is responsible. Atheism and communism aren't the same thing! How many times do people have to tell you this you liar. Your dishonesty is utterly disgusting.

stOx, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  12. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Is anyone else finding it completely bizarre that when asked what religion has ever done for the world, what made all of the war, death, destruction, killings and rape in the name of religion worthwhile all proteindude can come up with is,

wait for it,

'some inspiring songs!'

Come ON, I could do better than that, I'm rolling on the floor with tears in my eyes here!

How lucky are we that these guys didn't kill, rape and 'write some lovely songs' but actually did something worthwhile,

Thomas Jefferson
    Charles Darwin
    Abraham Lincoln
    Albert Einstein
    Vincent Van Gogh
    George Orwell
    Benjamin Franklin
    Alfred Hitchcock
    Walt Disney
    Marie Curie
    Warren Buffett
    Bill Gates
    Thomas Edison
    Oscar Wilde
    Jonathan Swift
    Helen Keller
    Voltaire
    Sigmund Freud
    John Lennon - okay, he did just write some lovely songs!
    James Joyce
    Nehru

MattUK, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  13. proteindude

Best Answers:
    See, bit by bit we come to agree on certain points. Like the ones I highlighted above. I understand atheism wants to eradicate religion. Quick all the other atheists jump in and say stox speaks for himself, not all you atheists want religion eradicated.

And yet, I get the feeling that atheists in general can't stand religion and despite the so called tolerance, we still have them trying to remove ALL references to God, be they in the pledge, on the coins, or plaques with the Ten Commandments.

proteindude, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  14. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, I wouldn't want that, just think where the world would be without all of those fantasic songs that people write!

MattUK, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  15. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You speak of tolerance. Would you care if Satanism was taught in school? Would Christians in general speak out against Satanism taught and shown everywhere, pushed onto other Christians as "the belief" that is the only one that matters? I do not think you would be tolerant of such a system. I don't have anything against Satanism, only used it because it would seem strange that a Christian would be tolerant of such a religion.

Just think "In Satan we trust" engraved on all your coins, dollars, and included into prayers before anything. Would you be tolerant if people openly said "Lets all bow our heads and pray to Satan".

Would you be tolerant of an openly Gay or Lesbian being watching your children in daycare or teaching your children in schools?

I don't know if Atheists will be tolerant of such things, but would you be tolerant of such things?

You speak of tolerance, but have shown that you are willing to attack the first Atheist that speaks out against organized religion. Don't Christians do that all the time? Heathen I think they call them openly. Can't any form of religion be just a cult? Plus, the bible was wrote by humans and humans have flaws and lie. Doesn't your bible teach that to you?

Atheists can love, can enjoy life, can be good, can be bad, they can do what any other group of people can do. They just don't believe in god(s). Songs about love, joys, and other things can be sung by Atheists.

Would a Atheist be better in office? It depends on the person that is put into office. If they are a good or bad person. What effect would a person belief have over the different subjects and choices they would have to make when they are in power?

Some of the bigger topics.

Pro Life / Con Life
    War in the Middle East
    Welfare
    Medicaid
    Immigration
    Raise / Lower Tax's
    Raise / Lower Spending Budget(s)
    More / Less Gun Control
    Foreign Policy's
    For / Against Big Corporations.
    For / Against Mom and Pop business.
    Encourages / Discourages more (federal level) government control
    Encourages / Discourages free trade
    World Trade
    World Weapons policy's
    Homeland security policy's
    More / Less local (state level) government control
    and many more..

Explain to us what do you think a Atheists stance would be on those subjects?

exodus, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  16. proteindude

Best Answers:
    You are so far off the subject. You got no problem with satanism. In that case I don't think this deserves a reply.

17. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure if that is tolerance over what I have said or just plain disgust and hate for it. I did not take a stand for or against satanism in my comments to you. I was asking you a question.

I repeat a portion of what I said, because you think it does not deserve a reply on what type of view point an Atheist would have.

I believe that is the subject at hand. What would happen and what would an Atheist choose to do with Control of Government in these subjects?

exodus, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  18. proteindude

Best Answers:
    I can only point you to the times/regimes when atheists were in control, those regimes still exist in some countries today known as communist countries.

19. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So you're saying that Abraham Lincoln and Thomas Jefferson were Communists. WOW! I didn't know that!

MattUK, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  20. proteindude

Best Answers:
    Neither did I.