1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Conversion Rates

Discussion in 'Directories' started by DownUnder, Oct 3, 2007.

Hi All,
    I am wondering if such a stat exists within the directories in refernce to conversion rates.

For example ( and it's a wild guess ) for every 100 visitors to your submit page or visitors how many of those are converted to advertisers placing a submission in your directory ? 1 / 10

As some may know i am going to take some of my old school methods and try them out and will not rely on the directory for this component at the start, but to guage the outcome of these trials it would be good to have a measuring stick to give a balanced view of these alternate methods.

I am happy to post the results of my findings for all during and after these trials.

any help would be great.

DownUnder, Oct 3, 2007 IP
    jmort732 likes this.
  2. SilkySmooth

SilkySmooth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google analytics can be handy to track conversion ratios if you take the time to set up the 'Goals' section.

SilkySmooth, Oct 4, 2007 IP
    DownUnder likes this.
  3. DownUnder

DownUnder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok thanks, i was wondering if i had chosen a taboo subject and was willing to let it die.

It seems but i may be wrong that most don't track this and or don't talk about it.

In a way i wanted to get some stats from others as a comparison to be used against some other ( old school ) ways of creating sales, google won't be able to track any of the work i am planning due to the nature of it.

From looking at comparisons i could guage if another approach would or would not work better, i have read ad sense drove traffic but with little to no sign up rate, but looking for general stats i suppose.

anyway thanks i might look into your suggestion and run that later as a test.

DownUnder, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  4. DownUnder

DownUnder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just dropped back to say thankyou for your suggestion, i dropped over and had a look and there was good and helpful information there that i can impliment. appreciate your help

DownUnder, Oct 4, 2007 IP