1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the most stingy nation in the world?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ireq, Oct 3, 2007.

I am wondering about your opinion concerning this matter as I despise miserliness.
    When I last talked to a Dutchman he said that in his country even the first sentence in their cookbook is 'Go to your neighbour and borrow an egg'. Does it mean it is the Dutch people?
    On the other hand Jewish people are known for their avaricious nature.
    What do you think? Please support your opinions with sound arguments,
    if possible ;).

Ireq, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  2. Cappers_Insight

Cappers_Insight Peon

Best Answers:
    This should get interesting...

Cappers_Insight, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  3. GMROCKS

GMROCKS Active Member

Best Answers:
    Most Americans are pretty stingy.
    but I say Saudi Arabia people are the most stingy.

GMROCKS, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  4. Gatorade

Gatorade Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not really sure who the stingiest is but we Americans are pretty stingy.

Gatorade, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  5. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    Yikes :eek: let's not be racist now :p maybe reword it to which nation doesnt invest enough in their people :p

8everything, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  6. sama3l.

sama3l. Banned

Best Answers:
    stereotypical - Irish but wouldn't say that was a fact :) i say the irish fully based on jokes

sama3l., Oct 3, 2007 IP
  7. ScottHughes

ScottHughes Peon

Best Answers:
    What's the poorest nation in the world? I would have to guess that they would be the stingiest. He who has the least it most likely to be willing to give up some of it. For example, a man who has excess food is much more often going to be willing to give some of it up than a man who is starving and barely has any food at all.

Thanks,
    Scott

ScottHughes, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  8. nightman003

nightman003 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say america

nightman003, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  9. KeithCash

KeithCash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We send billions and billions to countries that hate us and despise us. To help the needy.

Which countries give more than America.

BTW. The proper way to right America is America.

Cheers

KeithCash, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  10. Ireq

Ireq Peon

Best Answers:
    By saying "Which nation is th stingest?" i meant 'People of which nation"
    I didnt mean the government.
    Also stingy people hate to be told straigh in the face about their inclination.
    I have made this post to make them feel uncomfortable with it, and I need no political correctness here.

Ireq, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  11. aurorazero

aurorazero Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can't say Americans. They have to be the most spendy people alive. Gas 4 bucks a gallon and they are still spending, spending, spending. Groceries through the roof? Hey let's go to the movies and out to dinner for 200 bucks. Stupidest shit I have seen in my life.........

aurorazero, Apr 2, 2022 IP
  12. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I do not know enough about giving patterns in all the countries of the world to comment directly on the question posed. However, there is a very interesting and consistent statistic about generosity and stinginess when it comes to charitable contributions in the U.S. Study after study on this subject consistently show that the citizens of blue states (majority liberal) donate considerably less per capita than the citizens of red states (majority conservative) so it is clear that leftists are stingier than conservatives here. This may be the case in some other countries, as well.

jrbiz, Apr 5, 2022 IP
  13. PrimeADS

PrimeADS Peon

Best Answers:
    For example, the french were found to be the stingiest nation in terms of tips: they tip 5% of the check, while the global average is 11%. The British are not much more generous - 7% of the amount. Third from the bottom were the Italians.
    (The research was conducted by the British insurance company Direct Line in the most popular tourist destinations on the planet: Barcelona, Las Vegas, Paris, Sao Paulo and Ibiza.)

PrimeADS, Apr 18, 2022 IP
  14. HilaryDilana55

HilaryDilana55 Peon

Best Answers:
    The French were recognized as the most stingy nation for tips: they leave 5% of the check amount for tips, while the global average is 11%.
    The study was conducted in the resort areas of all countries of the world. Barcelona, Ibiza, Paris, Las Vegas and São Paulo. The determination of the result was influenced by what tips are most often left by representatives of their country.

HilaryDilana55, May 12, 2022 IP
  15. AndroidST

AndroidST Member

Best Answers:
    The most stingy nation in the world is the United States. According to a 2013 report by The Economist, Americans are less generous than people in other rich countries when it comes to donating money and time to charity.

In fact, the U.S. was ranked last out of 22 developed countries in terms of percentage of income donated by citizens. The average American donated just 1.6 percent of their income to charity, while the average for all other developed countries was 2.1 percent.

So why are Americans so stingy? There are a number of possible explanations. One is that the U.S. has a higher level of income inequality than other developed countries, which could make people less likely to donate to charity.

Another explanation is that Americans are more focused on meeting their own needs and those of their families, rather than helping others. This could be due to the high cost of living in the U.S., which leaves many people struggling to make ends meet.

AndroidST, May 12, 2022 IP
  16. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You ought to be ashamed of yourself for making such an ignorant comment. No nation in history has given more in blood and treasure than the United States.
    Whenever there is a disaster anywhere in the world, who is the first to respond? Who is helping Ukraine more than they are with billions of $$$? Thank God for America.

And for the record, I am not an American.

Spoiltdiva, May 12, 2022 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  17. jaguar34

jaguar34 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Its French perfume that makes world stingy. Go bath

jaguar34, May 28, 2022 IP
  18. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Americans with their huge meal portions, upsizing everything, and their ostentatious wealth? Nah, not them.
    We joke about the Scots and their frugality that seems to be displayed by both rich and poor.

sarahk, May 28, 2022 IP
  19. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Stingy is a harsh word. Frugal, prudent might be a better option. Someone maybe fugal and prudent but that doesn't make them stingy. Being prudent is what makes a lot of people wealthy over time.

But this does seem to be a common trait: The wealthier a nation the less sacrificial it becomes.

Would you agree with that?

qwikad.com, May 29, 2022 IP