1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

spamming in yahoo chat room is Bad

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by anandsagar, Sep 29, 2007.

1. davewashere

davewashere Active Member

Best Answers:
    Either this guy is posing as the owner of this site in order to get it banned, or he's just not very intelligent. I would say most DP users have strong views against spamming, because it costs those of us playing the game the right way money. Therefore, it seems rather foolish to brag about spamming methods on DP and give away the URL of the site you're spamming.

davewashere, Oct 2, 2007 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  2. ShaunG

ShaunG Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont spam anymore, which is why i am in this forum regularly...to learn how to do things the right way.... but if you think spamming does not pay off or make money, you either have no clue or your doing something wrong. :cool:

ShaunG, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  3. laidback64

laidback64 Active Member

Best Answers:
    They will ban.

laidback64, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  4. WatchOut

WatchOut Guest

Best Answers:
    Did you do it? If you did - you seriously don't know how to debate and give advise to other users; this is not the way a community is based on the OP was only looking for some friendly advise; if you cannot provide that I suggest leaving this thread; this is a community - think twice.

Regards,
    Meti

WatchOut, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  5. B-Scott

B-Scott Active Member

Best Answers:
    Spamming is never a good thing.

There are a lot of experienced marketers on this website. Just ask questions and get tips from those who are successful when it comes to legal marketing.

A lot of times,i wont even post anything. I will just read the topics and take advantage of tips i get just from reading the topics from those i thought offered great advice.

B-Scott, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  6. surf4fun

surf4fun Peon

Best Answers:
    spamming..hmm

i saw someguy in another forum bringing 10K visitors daily with spamming yahoo chat rooms.. he has made such script for auto invite ppl.. and add them as a freind.. he joins as a women and have interesting profile..

after he have like 500-1000 friends in each yahoo accounts..

he sends them adult dating affiliate program links..

and he say lot of people join under him happily..

he was selling such traffic for 50$ for 10k visitors..
    ===========================================

spamming works.. if u can handle that your hosting account wont be banned.. (try to get a dedicated ip and ns1.yourdomain.com ns2.yourdomain.com)

and if you ask a question before spam its ok..

do you want to know how i make $100 a day with a private business... pm me back fore more info..

then when reply.. you spam them.. its called permission based spamming..

anyways good luck

surf4fun, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  7. jabb

jabb Peon

Best Answers:
    A huge amount of users here post just for their sig, to sell or advertise in it, its no different but the op is just more honest about it. And it depends what you class as content, is it really possible to post 30+ useful posts a day like many members here do.
    Crazy notion? Why not search for selling sig and similar queries on dp..
    Yes their are two ways about it, its like saying murder is murder when in fact by law their are many kinds, spamming a chatroom is harmless and a noob mistake thats all and doesnt deserve people trying to get the guy banned.

jabb, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  8. Waffleguy

Waffleguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is a troll thread.

Waffleguy, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  9. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    All spam is advertising, but not all advertising is spam, and I think you are drawing too broad of a line. yes, there are different kinds of advertising, and I do not think that spam and sig links fall under the same heading.

Take a poll of the users here that also use chat rooms and ask how many find chat spam annoying, and how many have signatures disabled. I'm willing to bet the numbers won't surprise you, but may show there is certainly a difference.

Spam == BAD

And ignorance is not an excuse. If the guy does in fact spam, then yes he needs to be reported. Though, I'm not reporting him, as I do not know for a fact he is spamming...but I can say if I see him spam in a chat room complete with a "click on my ads" you can bet I'll be sending that report to Google. Especially if it's my ads that are showing up on his site.

Qryztufre, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  10. Digitalguy

Digitalguy Active Member

Best Answers:
    this is a public forum! i reserve the right to post here & it's my freedom. who are you to interfere with my rights ? i don't think it's a good idea to support spammers. think about this spammer before you point your finger on me. go change your underwears & come back here with a positive attitude. spam cannot be tolerated.

Digitalguy, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  11. pharcyded

pharcyded Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo is pretty sick of chat spam so I am sure your ID's will get banned. They may try to take action against your website, but I doubt it. However, spam is no longer an efficient method to draw in visitors. You hurt your name and credibility more than anything. All it does is make people mad and they ignore you...

pharcyded, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  12. Pammer

Pammer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    hey thats you one of the those who make sexy girls name and gave a link ? :D

Pammer, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  13. chriswick

chriswick Peon

Best Answers:
    Haha yeah, so is spamming altogether. I thought people were growing up and starting to pay people for advertising, seems not.

I think Spam makes you look like a LOSER!

chriswick, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  14. surf4fun

surf4fun Peon

Best Answers:
    are you police?

actually some spammers are innocent..

they dont have the money to advertise in google adword adcenter yahoo search marketing..

also they dont have money to buy links in good pr rated sites..

only option they have is search engine optimizaiton.. (which is nothing but getting links from relavant high pr sites) nevertheless which is time consuming and the reward is 0$... cause already competing with 100 000 affiliates who are doing it as its free..

so they go to the route of spamming messege boards chat rooms emails list etc..

:D after they make some big bucks..(as no affiliate program will pay for spam)

when they get lucky and getpaid with some program ...

they leave the habit of spamming and buy traffic or links or buy traffic..

so some spammers have no way other then spam..:D

surf4fun, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  15. Mark07

Mark07 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think there's no problem with the loading of the site from various geographical locations. I suppose it's working perfectly fine at your end as well.

Mark07, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  16. -Abhishek-

-Abhishek- Regaining my Momentum!

Best Answers:
    Nah dude, if you think so you're mistaken. You might want to read this ....

Quoting something from there ....

You're in the wrong light mate, spamming chatrooms is definitely illegal ... here's something from wikipedia ...

Abhishek

-Abhishek-, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  17. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    So, stealing for food is OK, and shoplifting warm clothes in winter is a good thing...that is if you are poor or are too lazy to work?

Ignorance is no excuse, and if you are too lazy to do things properly, then you can spam all you want, chances are your page is crap anyway. So even if people click the link, they will likely not stay on the page. Then again, if someone is spamming because they are too poor and lazy to advertise in any other fashion, then I'd not doubt they have trojans installed on their site to make life even easier. But it's all good :rolleyes: they can't afford to do it properly.

Qryztufre, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  18. surf4fun

surf4fun Peon

Best Answers:

stealing is not good..
    but making google richer day by day.. and msn and yahoo..
    is the biggest crime newbie 100 000 affililiates do world wide..

rich becomes richer
    poor remains poor

who becomes rich?

google only..
    and their cousin brother msn and yahoo
    with all your advertising dollars..

innocent spammers are those

who spam with permission..

and have no other way to get into online marketing
    many countries in the world cant even have a credit card or paypal do online business or get started and going..

what left for them e-gold? the hyip and surf scam paradise..

so they come to take a share of the affiliate checks..
    and for traffic uses permission based spamming..

surf4fun, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  19. Boulder

Boulder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yea, I stopped going to yahoo chat rooms a couple years ago.. Too much SPAM in there.. Every other line or response was a bot... Really pretty funny now when I in vision people still doing this with their bots... So now we have, a million chat rooms full of a billion bots all SPAMMING each other.. LMFAO

Now thats what I call SPAMJustice. When there is no one else left to spam but spam its self..

Boulder, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  20. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    There are other free ways to advertise that do not involve chatroom spamming or unsolicited emails.

Free directory submissions alone can get you a PR3 in 3 months. Once there you can start a link exchange program, and sell a few links, which in turn can let you buy a few links. I've started with a 0 budget for all of my sites, and I've yet to resort to spam. In fact, many here have started with nothing and now have much much more then I.

I'll never resort to AdWords, and I'll never resort to Spam...though I must say that Google is the lesser of two evils.

Qryztufre, Oct 3, 2007 IP