1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The NFL 2007 Season

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & TV' started by timsdd, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    34-13 was the final score.

Cinci can say that they did the best so far this year heh.

lorien1973, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  2. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    was it even that close? I bet it wasn't!

Dallas has pulled back on at least the final 2-3 drives in their last two games...they could have probably scored more than they already have this year, 37.8 pts/gm :cool:

timsdd, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  3. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    I think the bengals had 17 yards in the first quarter. It was a complete pasting. They let up in the second half, especially on defense.

Dallas, Indy, Patriots are by far the class of the league right now. I don't think any nfc team equals dallas at the moment.

4. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    The city by the green bay? I saw them squeak by the Eagles but the Eagles are Jeckly and Hyde thus far. 19 sacks last night? or 12? Osi had 6!!

timsdd, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  5. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    12 sacks. Was funny in the postgame, Strahan wished the eagles got the ball one more time, so they could have broke the record. Eagles had a rookie LT and without Westbrook, eagles always suck. At 1-3 (0-2 in the division), their season is pretty much over anyways.

I dunno about GB. Favre has the tendency in the past few years to throw away games by chucking the ball around. He's better this year, but still, they are squeaking past bad teams. Dallas is killin' people.

Mia likes this.
  6. buffalo

buffalo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    He's been good, but I don't think he can keep it up for a whole season. I can't wait to see him self-destruct - hopefully in the game against Detroit! :D

buffalo, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  7. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    No Justice :p

Dallas goes to town in the 2nd half...no more running clock for the boys ala Tuna Helper :cool:

timsdd, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  8. westoff

westoff Peon

Best Answers:
    Dallas, Indy, and Pats are definately the class of the league, but I dont think you can count out Green Bay on what they are doing. Brett Favre is looking as young as ever. Their defense is looking great. What will be interesting to see is that how long they can go winless.
    I personally also think that Pittsburgh is an elite team as well. Though that lost to the Cardinals was out right embarassing, they were apparently out-coached. They can easily go on to be 5-1 with their next two games against Buffalo and San Fran.

Westoff.

westoff, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  9. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    Ten wasted an opportunity to knock Indy off a few weeks ago but now they seem to be fine. Kinda like the Boys, start slow and then really put it to the other team in the 2nd half.

timsdd, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  10. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:

Hardly "squeaking" by when the Packers (these "bad teams") , ie, the first three were play off teams and a super bowl team from last year. No team in history has ever come back to beat 3 play off teams in a row. Couple that with the fact that the Packers have won 8 straight now. No one else has done that.

Dallas on the other hand is playing the same shitty teams... On a side note, I'm rooting for Dallas on the side, given Romo and I went to BHS.

The Packers beat the Bears and it's SuperBowl baby!!!

Mia, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  11. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't argue that Dallas has played some sub-par teams but hey...they are throttling them - something they haven't done in a long long time. They don't control who they play, a win is a win and all that crap.

I still contend that they could have scored another 21+ points if it weren't for the other teams being so inept on their offenses.

timsdd, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  12. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Some of the best teams get beat by the worst... GB is doing pretty damn good considering they have no running game AT ALL!!!

As for Dallas, Romo is going to be the next Farve IMO... They will likely go the distance.. They, like GB are a very young team. The ultimate test will be when GB plays Dallas.. ;)

Mia, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  13. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    ahhh right, the lack of running game. I think that will catch up to them eventually? despite the record tv analysts are still hesitant to tag GB as an elite team :eek: not that it means anything :rolleyes:

Dal has 2 big games on the horizon, NE&GB

timsdd, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  14. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    That is because the "analysts" do not like GB...

Call it sports bias.
    I see NE possibly beating Dallas.. GB is a toss up.. though in recent years we have trounced on Dallas!

Mia, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  15. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    I did not know there was a bias....you'd think they'd like them for the qb, what's his name?

great thing about Dallas, seems like by the time the 4th quarter rolls around the opposing D looks spent.

NE, as long as Bill doesn't hire any videographers, I think it'll be a real close game

timsdd, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  16. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Oh there is, when you consider some of the "analysts" .... Some people get sick of hearing how good Farve is... ;)

True.

Personally, NE should have been stripped of their first game... IMO, they are 3-1 right now... Their penalty was not severe enough...

Mia, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  17. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    you got that straight...Roger "Drop the Hammer" Goodall completely botched that one. $250K for the franchise???? It's worth 1.1billion! and fining the coach 1/10th of his salary...weak

He'd make an excellent MLB commish...steroids? well, it is only your 6th offense so you get a 10 game suspension :rolleyes:

timsdd, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  18. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:

If I were commish.. No fines... No round 1 or 2 draft pics next year. Lose first game, and the game against the Packers from last year where they cheated gets assessed against them this year. If they still make it to the play offs, they do not get a home game PERIOD!!!

Mia, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  19. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    home field would be >>>> than a draft pick for sure. I nominate you ;)

timsdd, Oct 5, 2007 IP
    Mia likes this.
  20. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Maybe they should just just the franchise down entirely... Does anyone really like NE anyway?

Mia, Oct 5, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.