1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

YOUR Amazon and eBay IDs on our site! 600,000 Products

Discussion in 'eBay' started by purdue512, Sep 25, 2007.

Hello All

We've launched a new shopping site. For those who sign-up now, we're offering the ability for your Amazon Associate ID and eBay / CJ PID in the referral link for all of your affiliate traffic. This means 100% commission, paid directly from Amazon and CJ. We're doing this to gain visibility for the launch.

http://Compare4.us

1) Sign up as an affiliate at http://Compare4.us
    2) PM or email me your Amazon and eBay / CJ PID
    3) Traffic from your affiliate links will show your IDs within 24 hours (usually more like 2)
    4) Collect cash from Amazon and CJ directly

Post any questions.

Cheers

purdue512, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  2. bsdpowa

bsdpowa Banned

Best Answers:
    Signed up, waiting for approval. Can't wait to test this out. Thanks.

bsdpowa, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  3. purdue512

purdue512 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks bsdpowa... You're Amazon ID has been loaded. Please test with this link:

http://Compare4.us/?cu=1075_99999&p=List&c=ipod

Click on any of the "AMAZON SUGGESTIONS" on the right.
    Then click on "OFFER DETAILS"

You should land at Amazon with your Affiliate ID in the url.. Please verify.

Also - You need to sign-up at CJ.com and select eBay as your program. PM me again when they've assigned you a PID and I'll put that in as well.

Now time to start promotion. Email me if you need ideas. Also let me know if you have questions with our link generator. Keyword-seeded links are the best because they are relevant to the sending page.

Cheers...

4. MarcL

MarcL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What script does the site run off?

MarcL, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  5. purdue512

Best Answers:
    The site is built on the Amazon, eBay and PriceRunner APIs. It is a database driven site. We have nearly 700,000 product names and product category keywords as "seeds." Since the site is API-driven, these "seeds" are used in the calls to the API partners. The content is then compiled on-the-fly by the web servers (who are interpreting the API results)... Long story short, I wrote this script for our company myself.. It's managed in a load-balanced environment to handle the high-loads we get... Is that what you're asking?

6. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Manmod,

On the eBay UK question, write to them and find out if they'll give you a US eBay / CJ.com PID...

Cheers...

purdue512, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  7. InternetG33k

InternetG33k Banned

Best Answers:
    InternetG33k, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  8. bsdpowa

bsdpowa Banned

Best Answers:
    purdue512: I can't sign up with CJ because I'm from Europe and they require some forms to be filled and shipped to Canada due to their TAX laws. Is CJ membership required? I like how it works now.

bsdpowa, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  9. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Hi there..

Actually, no.. The theme you've located is open-source. We used the same CSS source as that person you located. However, this site was not constructed with drupal... It was coded in-house by our development team in Cold Fusion 7 (MS SQL Server on the back-end).

Cheers...

10. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Hummm... There must be a way we can work around this... If you sign-up as a regular affiliate, we manage the payment using our eBay id. However, that only pays 50% commission. I'd be happy to up that to 85% for you - we need the 15% for admin costs of coordinating payments via Pay Pal.

Let me know if this works.

11. hippo_dance

hippo_dance Active Member

Best Answers:
    any site that we can use own domain and server to host? :p

hippo_dance, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  12. purdue512

Best Answers:
    hippo_dance -

I would be up for letting you use your own domain against this site, but for a fee...

See, the revenue model is current structured to give away 100% of the commissions, but keep the link juice... It seems like a fair trade. You make revenue from nearly 700,000 products - with blog content added for better SEO - and we get the link juice.

If you'd like to run your own domain name against our site, you'd be getting the juice. In which case, we'd either need:

a) a monthly fee for the hosting, servers, bandwidth, etc
    b) a cut of your revenue (to be fair, it should be the same deal we're giving (100% of commission - but we're flexible)).

Let me know.

purdue512, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  13. bsdpowa

bsdpowa Banned

Best Answers:
    purdue512: Can't you deduct those 15% from my 50% commission?

bsdpowa, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  14. Lordy

Lordy Peon

Best Answers:
    How does this work? what products are listed when we sign up? and CJ = commision junction?

Lordy, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  15. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Lordy,

Good question.

First, yes CJ = Commission junction... eBay has outsourced their affiliate program management to CJ. So to make money via eBay, you need to sign up at CJ.com and select eBay. CJ.com will assign you an eBay PID.. Which is what I need for your links.

"what products are listed when we sign up?" --- Basically, the ENTIRE SITE is yours when you pass traffic in. By that, I mean, all of the nearly 700,000 products, reviews and blog rss content is there for your customer. The link for all of them to Amazon and / or eBay will be with your ID's... In other words, when you pass traffic into the site with your Compare4.us affiliate ID, the site looks up your Amazon and eBay IDs from our database and constructs the out-going links on-the-fly... The rest is managed by Amazon and CJ. You collect the money directly from them.

If you're wondering why we're doing this.. It's simple. We give you the revenue and we get the link juice... We think this is one of the most equitable deals available (and we're only offering it as a launch-special, to be discontinued soon)... We're trying to accelerate our web site rankings as a result of this special offer...

Cheers...

16. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Email me with what you're thinking... Do you want your account down-graded from the 100% deal back to a normal affiliate? Let me know, and I'll update the database.

17. Jake21

Jake21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just want some clarification. You're offering this to us for the lifetime of the site and will be discontinuing the offer shortly after launch. Or are you implying this affiliate offer will only last through the site launch?

-Jake

Jake21, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  18. purdue512

Best Answers:
    -Jake

Great question... I've gotten that a number of times...

Simple answer: For the lifetime of the site...

Once you're in the club, you're in the club for life. However, we're going to close down admissions to the club shortly. Perhaps opening up slots only when people drop-out (i.e., don't send traffic)... If you're worried about stability, you should know that we are an investor-backed company.

Think of this as a cooperative, or sorts... We're gathering help to get the site launched, generate traffic, get in-bound links. In return for your help in that process, we're paying with a lifetime annuity of revenue from your links to our site....

Like I said - I think this is an extremely good deal for those who jump on it and are able to generate traffic... You're getting our site (already coded and debugged), our API integration (already running for 3 months with eBay and Amazon) and our hosting... Plus, you collect the money directly from a third party (so no "trust issues")...

Step 1) Sign up at Compare4.us
    Step 2) email or PM me with your amazon id and cj pid. I'll have them in the database within 24 hours.
    Step 3) test your links (immediately visible for amazon. cj requires a few days for reports to update)
    Step 4) promote your links (we have keyword seeding tools, graphics, can help with scripts, etc).
    Step 5) collect your money...

Cheers

19. hippo_dance

hippo_dance Active Member

Best Answers:

Hi,

that's cool... however, i have hosting already.... hmmm... i arent sure what you mean by cut of revenue.... part of the earning goes to you? :D

hippo_dance, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  20. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Maybe I missed the point on your original request?

Can you ask again? I was thinking you meant that you'd like to take me up on this offer, but only if you could point your domain at it? No? Did I get that wrong?

Cheers

purdue512, Oct 2, 2007 IP