1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

:)**IAQD.org Directory Union**:)

Discussion in 'Solicitations & Announcements' started by dopiitv, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Announcing the Arrival of IAQD.org

The International Association of Quality Directories

The IAQD is a newly formed group that allows quality directories to gain an advantage
    Over those not-so-quality directories that are ruining the directory world. The IAQD
    Is committed to accepting only quality directories and making them even better with
    more traffic and more links. Google.com has just recently opened up a can of whop a$$
    on directories according to most directory owners. This is just a bad time for
    directories say some, and others say the need for directories is decreasing rapidly.
    We're here to make quality directories stand out against the watered down directory
    world. We are committed to bringing you the best for your directory.

How it Works

The IAQD is made up of at least 5 editors at all times. These editors will look through
    each directory and give the directory a rating based on a pre determined point system
    and rubric. Each directory will receive 5 ratings and the average must meet the
    points standard that is set by the editors and myself.

Each directory owner is allowed to submit 5 directories upon initial application. A
    non-refundable $20 fee will be charged to make people think twice about submitting
    their spam directory. After your directories are carefully reviewed, they are either
    rejected, or accepted. As long as one of the 5 you submitted makes it in, you will
    receive an account with us. When you get an account you are allowed access to the
    forums and you'll also receive other benefits that will be explained later on in this
    post. Each other directory will be a small $1 charge for submittance. If you're
    directory was rejected; you are certainly allowed to put it up for another application
    to join.

Advantages to Join the IAQD.org
    The IAQD.org has a sister site called whompster.com. Whompster.com is a search engine
    based purely off of directories. The more points your directory has, the higher up its
    results are. After your directory is submitted, whompster.com's spiders will go
    through your site indexing all of its links. These will now be the results. All
    results will be displayed in this format:

Title
    Brief Summary of site
    Source 1, Source 2, etc.

Source meaning the directories it came from. The Sources will be active, clickable
    links that will enhance your directory traffic. This will also draw more submissions
    to your directory because webmasters will see that you are ranking high in the search
    engine and they will want to get a link in your directory.

Another great feature is that you will gain thousands of links. Every search result is then saved as a static html page with your link on it. This will allow you to have thousands of *free* links!

Whompster.com has a very aggressive marketing plan going forward. We will be renting
    out space on blogs, and other sites to put a search box there which will lead to more
    searches. We will also be launching an aggressive marketing plan that you will be able
    to read more about in Whompster.com's blog.

Editor Guidlines

For quality control purposes, we cannot disclose all of our editing guidelines. We can tell you some though :). They include such things as: Unique categories and not a category dump, spam links, layout, user friendliness, empty categories (not enough links). Thats all we can disclose at this point.

Our Goal
    Our Goal is to bring back the importance of directories and to help out directory owners that are struggling. We aim to bring more traffic to directories and to make submitting links to directories more valuable. Increasing free links will also help directory owners with link building and we aim to bring together directory owners under one roof so that we can share ideas and discuss different things.

Now, you're probably asking, where does that $20 I gave you go? Simple. First and
    foremost it goes back to you (indirectly). We will be making improvements to IAQD.org
    and whompster.com, we will be marketing aggressively across the internet and off line.

IAQD.org has just opened and we are looking forward to growing and growing in the near
    future.

We hope you will join us in this exciting launch!

Please post on this thread to let us know you are a DP member that submitted and post
    what directories you have submitted.

Thanks So Much guys!

Sincerely,
    Mike

dopiitv, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  2. WatchOut

WatchOut Guest

Best Answers:
    May we know further information about your submission guidelines? What do you expect in a quality web directory? I'd love to see more information regarding your editors guidelines.

Regards,
    Meti

WatchOut, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  3. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes please give more information so a comprehensive understanding of your aims and objectives is laid out clearly

britishguy, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  4. dopiitv

dopiitv Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have added them to OP.

Thanks
    Mike

dopiitv, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  5. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Its nice to see someones plans fall into place. I love the idea of a human edited directory ranking system. The search engine algortihm also using the system is pretty nice - providing people actually use this search engine :)

I look forward to seeing this pan out :D

Good luck

mikey1090, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  6. dopiitv

Best Answers:
    Thanks mikey!

Hope to have you join us!

Thanks
    Mike

dopiitv, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  7. threebuckchuck

threebuckchuck Peon

Best Answers:
    Amazing! :D Somebody actually followed through on their statement about getting something together like this. At first glance it looks great Mike, Keep up the good work. :D

threebuckchuck, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  8. dopiitv

Best Answers:
    Thanks threebuckchuck!!

dopiitv, Sep 26, 2007 IP
    threebuckchuck likes this.
  9. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As good as i feel my bid directory is, in its own market, i dont think it will do so well as content and listed sites are low. I shall have something to submit in the coming months:D

mikey1090, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  10. dopiitv

Best Answers:
    Ok! sounds great mike!

Thanks
    Mike

dopiitv, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  11. scoobby

scoobby Active Member

Best Answers:
    that look nice i will definitely submit my 2 directories.
    nice work.
    but new niche directories will pass the review??

scoobby, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  12. dopiitv

Best Answers:
    thanks scooby, will have them reviewed asap

Thanks
    Mike

dopiitv, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  13. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I like this idea and I will be submitting my blog directory once I have the categories more filled out. I think it should meet all of the criteria mentioned.

Zibblu, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  14. dopiitv

Best Answers:
    Cant wait to have you on board!

thanks,
    Mike

dopiitv, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  15. vicdigi

vicdigi Banned

Best Answers:
    Very interesting indeed.

vicdigi, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  16. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This sums up google's view of directories as well:

Currently 0 directories listed!

http://iaqd.org/directories/
    No quality directories currently available.

lorien1973, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  17. vicdigi

vicdigi Banned

Best Answers:
    Don't know whether I am the first to submit but will take the opportunity to announce that I have just submitted UK One to IAQD.

Thanks

vicdigi, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  18. dopiitv

Best Answers:
    Thanks! You're not the first to submit btw, We'll have that reviewed asap!

Thanks
    Mike

Yea, thats great. Try to think positive ok?

Thanks
    Mike

dopiitv, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  19. DownUnder

DownUnder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello, can i ask these questions please.

First when i see a self elected business with a title as in reference to International association of quality, you wonder a little.

So if this is a true indipendendant association that judges and approves based on merits with no personal agenda or other, are these 5 assesors chosen from indipendant sources / voted in as asessors from a global directory comminity, or is this in house we run it all ?

In that i see nothing wrong with what you are doing, but we now have directory master asscn , directory this directory that, and every other directory authority, i am trying to see past a private group with self interest and see a genuine authority association to the benifit of all

perhaps some further info in these lines would be great.

DownUnder, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  20. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    First people need a reason to organise. A real benefit, a reward. Are you going to help me sell links on my directory?

workshop, Sep 27, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.