1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Static websites vs. blogs?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by HotSauce, Sep 26, 2007.

I was wondering what people's opinions are on static sites vs. blogs? I know that blogs are good because they are usually updated with fresh content--which search engines love.

What about static sites :confused: Is it harder to rank well for keywords in static websites? Do they loose their rankings after some time passes?--since they are no longer "fresh" content.

I was considering creating a few niche static websites, but I don't want to waste my time if they don't rank well in search engines. Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated.

HotSauce, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  2. frankcow

frankcow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It has nothing to do with blog vs. static. It's all about how well the site is optimized, and how strong the link profile is.

And if you're regularly updating a static site, it's almost just as good.

frankcow, Sep 26, 2007 IP
    HotSauce likes this.
  3. HotSauce

HotSauce Peon

Best Answers:
    I wasn't planing on updating the static sites once I have all of the content ready. So if the static site is not updated, you're saying that a blog would rank better?

Here is something that I found comparing static content vs blogs: http://www.work-at-home-forum.com/7_1984_0.html
    Basically they are claiming that blogs are better for search engines. Since search engines favor dynamic content over static content.

4. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    WordPress and other CMS like that are extremely SEO friendly.
    However if you static site is well optimized it will perform equally well.

zexy, Sep 26, 2007 IP
    HotSauce likes this.
  5. boyponga

boyponga Banned

Best Answers:
    It depends on what type of site you are making, if you are doing a e-commerce site, have a blog within your domain name.

boyponga, Sep 26, 2007 IP
    HotSauce likes this.
  6. HotSauce

HotSauce Peon

Best Answers:
    I was thinking of informational sites... with the possibility of adding affiliate links related to the niche.

Thanks for your opinions guys.