1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Email Marketing - ConstantContact.com

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by ViciousSummer, Jul 25, 2005.

1. kduballstar

kduballstar Peon

Best Answers:
    It's so hard to tell who really is "CANSPAM" compliant. All these guys say that they have high deliverablilty rates, but does that include the junk mail folders or only inbox?

We would like to determine the number of subscribers who have opened the mail and what they did once they saw it (eg. clicked on a link, forwarded to a friend, deleted, unsubscribed...) at least in the near future. Seems like most hosted plans don't give you that much flexibility. You're either standard or gold.

So what about something out there that allows you to use the option of tracking or not depending on the campaign???

kduballstar, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  2. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    I've been using Emaillabs for about three years and I couldn't be happier. Excellent delivery rates!!!!

Also, I've heard squirrelmail and Yesmail are pretty good.

Crazy_Rob, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  3. quattro

quattro Peon

Best Answers:
    contant contact is the worst ... the delivery rate is horrible. Run away as fast as you can. You will lose good addresses from incorrectly identified hard bounces. We recently took over an 80,000 subscriber list that saw 12,000 emails get scrubbed by constant contact. We only see about 500-1000 bounces now. They are always black holed and always delivered to the spam folder. Intellicontact is a bad one too.

The problem is that they just cram users onto servers with no oversight.

quattro, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  4. narsticle

narsticle Peon

Best Answers:
    good thread....i learned a lot from it.

narsticle, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  5. joepan

joepan Peon

Best Answers:
    I use www.emailbrain.com so far I am happy with the service. Hope this helps someone. I also use phplists on my server.

joepan, Jun 23, 2006 IP
  6. RsL

RsL Peon

Best Answers:
    Stop paying monthly fees and start using: http://www.octeth.com/

Sweet system, setup to start your own constantcontact type system, but I just use it for personal lists... live tracking, delayed tracking, and more.

Just check it out for yourself

Thanks,

Shane

RsL, Jun 26, 2006 IP
  7. frankcow

frankcow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Email marketing in general drives enormous ROI if done properly
    It can be great for building relationships and brand recognition with your subscribers

That said, make sure you follow best practices. I recommend signing up for the ClickZ email marketing newsletter, it's great.

Constant Contact is ok for a starter budget, when it becomes profitable for you I'd recommend SilverPop or something similar

frankcow, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  8. Cartman

Cartman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've been using Constant Contact for about a year now.. We use it to send out monthly newsletters and last-minute blasts. I've been very happy with it, but I hate the pre-made templates that come with it.

Has anyone found any other templates available for it? My only other option is hiring someone to create a custom template for me..

Cartman, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  9. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I used them for a while and really loved them. But there's a conflict between them and GoDaddy. At the time, I used Godaddy for hosting, and I had a set of freelance writers working for me, who all had email accounts hosted by them on the domain. I can understand if they didn't want to whitelist CC for everyone, but I strongly believe when running a business, I should be able to decide who I and anyone working for me can accept email from; not Godaddy. After fighting with them and talking to multiple people on the phone, someone from GD actually came out and said they wouldn't whitelist them because of some new service one of them was launching and it being competition with each other. At that moment, I left GD, moved to HostGator, and have been happy since. I would have stuck with CC in the process, but my list wasn't big enough to worry about for a while, so I stopped the newsletter to focus on other things. I've got several sites I plan to start one for now though, so I'm looking into using them again. I don't remember being anything but satisfied with them. :)

Jenn

jhmattern, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  10. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    Is CC still blacklisted a lot ?

Lastbutnotleast, Apr 16, 2007 IP
  11. Blanket

Blanket Peon

Best Answers:
    great thread... any word on if Constant Contact is still blacklisted a lot?

Blanket, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  12. Raithe

Raithe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    800 DAY OLD THREAD. WAY TO BRING IT BACK SMART ONE!!!

(You win the capts cookie of the day).

Raithe, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  13. Blanket

Blanket Peon

Best Answers:
    while its old, this thread has great info...

Blanket, Sep 25, 2007 IP