1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Directory Penalzation Round 2

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Dave E, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Rezo

Rezo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Was there a round 1?

Rezo, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  2. Dave E

Dave E Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I never bribed anyone, I just submitted! I don't really care about a dmoz listing anyway, I have far better links from authority university sites with higher PR.

Dave E, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  3. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So that poor editor from your place will get hit just like that right ? He knows far better that it can't go to that category yet he listed it because you know him.
    Sure ! :rolleyes: So its OK to whack them all the remaining ones and I can check your clients sites too. Thats ok right ? ;)

popotalk, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  4. Dave E

Dave E Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Go for it!

Dave E, Sep 25, 2007 IP
    sachin410 likes this.
  5. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As with almost all threads nowadays in this section most of these posts should be taken to PM or IM'ing.....time to unsubscribe.

jg123, Sep 25, 2007 IP
    Mia likes this.
  6. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed, and these last few post only strengthen what I said yesterday in a post (point #3)

I like to read the animosity geared towards others and their endeavors because of another person's failed business venture.

So for no reason at all, we are seeing someone trying to do harm to another for no other reason than their own failure. And he speaks of being hypocritical? ha! I say grown the F*** up.

ps.s - also, i think someone's 'Location' went from: Kicked Hass to: Location: Hass Kicked

an0n, Sep 25, 2007 IP
    jg123 and Mia like this.
  7. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    One thing many fail to realize there is that every directory getting penalized further hurts those that benefit from the sales of links. The chain reaction here will trickle down to places you'd never expect...

Mia, Sep 25, 2007 IP
    amitpatel_3001 likes this.
  8. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I just need to qoute this for our guest so that they may understand fully. ;)

So its people like you and the others who have manipulated the PR for own purposes are ok with it and most has to suffer with this. Right ?

And you made it as far as university authority sites for manipulation.

:rolleyes:

LeopardAt1 likes this.
  9. Dave E

Dave E Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I never paid for the links on the university sites, I got them added for free, it is only counts as PR manipulation when you go to sites like:

www.xchat.org
    www.itools.com

and buy links.

Dave E, Sep 25, 2007 IP
    mikey1090 likes this.
  10. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sure. Those links were already read by google employees and you forgot b2 evolution too.
    But can I ask you something ? How informative your site is to get accepted at University Authority Sites ? Free ? :eek::rolleyes:

11. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    So this is why Google waiting with the PR update they are cleaning?

TheSyndicate, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  12. Freewebspace

Freewebspace Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes indeed! I think!

Another PR4 Directory has been penalized !

I do n't want to mention the directory's name

But the directory is a complete static html directory(DP member owns it)

Just days before this he has announced here that his bid directory has been closed down!

Freewebspace, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  13. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    And exactly how is google supposed to know that? This is the one major flaw with the entire 'report paid links'. You can't really prove either way so how can they penalize based on someone tattle-tailing on you? It would be the same thing as penalizing you for incomming links.

jg123, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  14. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    hmm ... i am wondering if i tell my friend from an authority university page to put my link there... does that = manipulation ??

I dont think so. I know a friend and we are exchanging links it does not require me to have super duper content. My friend i gave him my guitar so he is linking me from the dental page ...

Its a hypothetical situation ofcourse above, but it is not a PAID LINK... so therefore its not going to be hurting ...

Jude sorry to say but you are attacking everyone left and right and no offense but you are turning into those whom you hated before. (Don't use the excuse of protecting everyone else) because all what you said about those manipulators ... and those "evil" people ... there is no difference b/w you and them anymore.

Those people attacked everyone else on the forum, and now you are doing the same. They manipulated PR by buying high PR links on sites like itool and such and no doubt i see you right next to them on almost all websites. I am not saying buying links is wrong because it is your choice to do, but attacking others for no reason and just making every discussion about jude is just too much.

You have a problem with Dave <than take it to the PM>
    If you have a problem with someone else <take it to the PM>

smub, Sep 25, 2007 IP
    LeopardAt1, jg123, an0n and 1 other person like this.
  15. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, I is getting to the point of embarassing.

I agree with this also, why sink to 'their' level, whomever 'they' may be. Hate and negativity only breeds the same.

"It is much easier to destroy something than to create."

jg123, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  16. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I think googles algo is looking at a bunch of different factors, everything from the relevancy of a link, to the frequency by which links are added, to the interlinking of sites that share something in common, whether it be a geographical commonality, to IP, host, whatever....

A number of different factors obviously funnel into the SE's decision to index, de-index, rank, de-rank, PR or de-PR, etc... I highly doubt there is one all powerful tattle tail and responder of tattle tailing that manually manipulates SERP's...

The thing that bothers me most is all is that all this bull shit talk about Directories is doing nothing but hurt, EVERY directory in indirect ways too numerous to list.

Ultimately, there are good directories out there, whether listed or not, that excel at bettering the web community, from SEO's all they way down to the average everyday web surfer looking for quality content.

Let's not let this petty banter and stupid insinuations about what google does or does not do to and or with directories be the down fall of us all...

Personally, I am more concerned with the ever growing number of crap results on page 1 that tend to have nothing to do with what I searched for, are more ad than content, or simply a dead link...

Let's leave the speculation to someone else when it comes to what is or is not causing penalization.

Mia, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  17. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If it has anything to do with 'paid links' I guess the penalty would be against buying them not selling them, take a look at maxlinks.org, they have 44 outgoing site-wide links with a very clear 'buy links' page. And the continually rank on page one results for 'web directory'.

jg123, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  18. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Not to mention their relevancy - sex toys etc.....

mikey1090, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  19. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    oh ya, forgot that....it is stuff like you see there that really makes me wonder what google is really up to. Since the first page of results likely get 80% of the searches from a keyword, you would think they would start there if they were really "cleaning house" like all the nay-sayers are predicting.

I think they might have added a component to the algorithm that detect the number of links built over a period of time and it might even compare anchor text to see if they look natural and if not might impose some automatic penalty.

jg123, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  20. jminscoe

jminscoe Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok here is something from web pro news

Finking On Paid Linking?

It's been a couple of weeks since it became apparent that Google was penalizing link directories – at least a few of them – knocking them out of the SERPs even for their own business names. There's still no official word from Google on this, but there is plenty speculation that it wasn't algorithmic.
    read the rest here http://www.webpronews.com/insiderreports/2007/09/25/finking-on-paid-linking

jminscoe, Sep 25, 2007 IP
    LeopardAt1 likes this.