1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Directory Penalzation Round 2

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Dave E, Sep 25, 2007.

Dave E, Sep 25, 2007 IP
    iceberg likes this.
  2. leede

leede Guest

Best Answers:
    well know here goes another directory for a toss

leede, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  3. tapanp

tapanp Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice Blog Biz-Dir

tapanp, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  4. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yup. Dirsensei, Dirsurfer and Indexwide. Other biggies now slipping of ranks. It is expected.
    But FYI info Dave I did not go around BEGGING that my site get reincluded and I stand firm that I stopped your technique ways and some knows that. Anyway life goes on.

popotalk, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  5. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I don't see anything long term in these stormy seas , and expect all these directories to reach calm seas in good shape without too much long term damage :)

A storm is a storm they do not last forever :cool:

britishguy, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  6. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yah I know. And some slippery fish got listed in DMOZ too at Lancaster, UK. :rolleyes:
    Maybe I can WHACK that too. :D

7. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think even you calling it '-the+google+death+penalty-' is playing into their hands. You are starting to sound a little like those crazy reborn religious fanatics looking for a way back into the lords good grace. I think when gooogle de-indexes your site for good then you have something serious to worry about otherwise those so called 'penalties' seem much more like algo tweaks.

jg123, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  8. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'll bet you Jay. I don't blink an eye and beg not me not my nature. I am no salesman and much like you that run after clients. I run an offline business that makes 500k a year. I don't worry about it.:rolleyes: DMOZ got it then me. It's a consolation. See who's next after me as more are slipping. :D

Mia likes this.
  9. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I went to college for business/marketing, really that is what business is all about. You can have a great service, product or website but if you don't 'sell' it then it's very hard to be successful.

I hope you are not implying that 'running after clients' is wrong?

jg123, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  10. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Good for you then and I run seminars here at the East Coast. :)

For the others visit your stats and see if there are keywords that is being searched for some extra ordinary. This happened a week already. ;)

ErectADirectory likes this.
  11. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you are saying DMOZ was penalized then I am very certain you are using the wrong words. If you are sure DMOZ has been effected by the same changes that all the other directories have been then it is certainly just a algo modification that will work itself out.

jg123, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  12. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Your right again Jay. DMOZ Directory Listings already updated PR and cached. So I guess PR update is near. ;)

13. LeopardAt1

LeopardAt1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LeopardAt1, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  14. DownUnder

DownUnder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How the fippins to you title up Directory penalty round 2 as some news grabbing headline as if its google fault, then write a sloppy kiss my backside note in your blog openly stating you blatently broke rules and guidelines.

Perhaps the Title should have read, I Tried to break the rules but was caught out.

DownUnder, Sep 25, 2007 IP
    popotalk likes this.
  15. Dave E

Dave E Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dave E, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  16. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hahaha. You need a Platinum Rep for that but I can only give Green. :D

IMO PR update won't happen until all sites are completed for the new algorithm. Just my opinion. No need to get blood boiling.

@jg123
    Just to let you know also
    Submit 4 Backlinks
    2 Search Mart
    2 List now

:)

Sorry too Dave as you really are slippery and I can't allow your spamming.
    http://search.dmoz.org/cgi-bin/sear...&cat=Computers/Internet/Searching/Directories

17. Brian1970

Brian1970 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well I must say I did expected this to happen, and said so a number of times.

Now it time for us to unite, stop attacking and back each other in anyway possible.

Jude, some of your resent posts give me the impression that you were enjoying the fact that some directories were suffering from the ongoing google problem, this made me dislike you somewhat, hopefully now you will spend sometime working out the problem.

I have been informed that some sites are experiencing some PR changes, hopefully all will return to normal soon.

Thanks Brian

Brian1970, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  18. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Brian I never said and never ask you to like me. I am a male and I dont do it.:D
    But for informational purpose what I don't like are people who constantly agrees and hails and not looking at the other end. Like a YES MAN. That is disgusting. I like most directories but not all especially the lying SOB's and Manipulators and I stand by it.:rolleyes:

I will say this again I hope MOST will come back but if they manipulate again we will experience this happening all over again. Because most of them are accustomed to those ways and who suffers and gets affected its simple people just like you and me who does not know about those terms.

Are you happy about it Brian ? Did you ever think of that ? Would you like that to happen all over again ? I take the heat by myself, walk alone and make sure that ALL OF US NEVER EXPERIENCE ANOTHER ONE. Inspite the fact of my UNPOPULARITY I GO ON that in the future YOU and ALL would benefit.

19. Freewebspace

Freewebspace Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am happy as none of my directories have been penalized by Google!

Popo, Just a fornight ago you asked Rand to comment about some directories including yours (Rand's opinion about these directories was posted major forums)and Google employees may have just felt that we missed this directory ,so now comes the penalization(Just joking)

Another question to all directory owners?

Is any PR3 or PR2 directories was penalized by Google?(NoT Bidding directories)

No need to worry about these penalization as John Scott's V7n directory(The establised one) has not been penalized till now.

Freewebspace, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  20. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Now let me know Brian if changes need not be made. Some owners have THICK SKULLS that they would not give a damn about even you and me. Is that what your fighting for ? When all they do is to look at themselves and their own ?