1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HOW to rank N1 in Google for a HIGHLY competitive keyword - REVEALED

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by TNX, Sep 23, 2007.

?

What do you think of this seven backlink building tips?

1. 1. I agree

66.3%
  2. 2. I disagree - please post the reason in this topic

13.6%
  3. 3. I don't buy and sell links and never will!

20.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snoob

snoob Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree with lovekills_s

Nothing wrong with reciprocals. As long as they are revelvant to your visitors and only make up a small percentage of your link profile.

"A link from a relevant website is excellent, but a link from a quality site of other niche or other language can also boost your ranking - so don't ignore such links."

This is a good point I agree with. A lot of people miss out on these sort of links thinking they aren't "relevant"...

:D

snoob, Sep 24, 2007 IP
  2. longcall911

longcall911 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have 1 tip that is better than all of your 7 put together.

"Build a high quality site that is designed for your visitors and Google will eventually give you the respect (and position) that you deserve."

:)

/*tom*/

longcall911, Sep 24, 2007 IP
  3. russianzio

russianzio Peon

Best Answers:
    I see you are quite highly ranked, good job. Bit i don't agree with "sitewide links" I know it doesn't hurt you, moreover having sitewide links pointing at your site is better for traffic, SERPs sand even PR boost! Just take a look at your own tnx site, it does have sitewide links pointing at it ;)

russianzio, Sep 24, 2007 IP
  4. AngelaE8654

AngelaE8654 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have heard both things, too. Some say that getting a lot of links all at once is bad, and others say it has helped them. One guy told about changing his signature line in a forum after he had posted 140 times; the signature created a "live link" in every post he had made. Apparently, Google thought this made his site 'important' and it gave him a SERP boost.

I did the same thing pretty much, today. My husband has a forum he loves to participate in. Today, he changed his signature to include a link to my site. All 375 or so posts he has made on that forum now have that link. I am hoping this will help me. :)

AngelaE8654, Sep 24, 2007 IP
  5. TxDon

TxDon Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google hasn't banned Text Link Ads. They're still in Googles database. They're just not showing in the SERPS. Likely penalized like John Chow.

Do a site search and you'll see. Also do a link search, they have something like 5980 backlinks.

TxDon

TxDon, Sep 24, 2007 IP
  6. TNX

TNX Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it is a waste of money to buy sig links only for serps. That is why I buy sig links pointing to a DP thread - I think it is most effective.
    And when I buy sitewide links, a look first for traffic, and then - for improvement in serps, as a bonus.

TNX, Sep 24, 2007 IP
  7. lovekills_s

lovekills_s Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Forum Sig links are sitewide too..Only one link gets value, rest all gets devalued..Traffic wise Okay..Good..For traffic, Your own sig is good :D

Anyways.. Good for u if all that worked for u :)

lovekills_s, Sep 24, 2007 IP
  8. scoobby

scoobby Active Member

Best Answers:
    we never going to learn how exactly G works but i basicaly agree with these tips more or less in some points.

scoobby, Sep 24, 2007 IP
  9. TNX

TNX Peon

Best Answers:
    I think your 1 tip is a good tip, but it may not help, because your website can easily be cloned. And what if there are 100-1000 high quality sites competing for 1 keyword? Which of them should be shown in top10 of search results?
    - Websites, that have better link popularity.
    Link buying is in most cases the fastest way to improve your site's link popularity.
    In fact, link buying can be good (not evil) because it can really improve the quality of Google's search if used to promote high quality, useful, content-rich sites (not doorways)

TNX, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  10. James Dean Nash

James Dean Nash Peon

Best Answers:
    Uh yeh prolly not...Just because you have more links and maybe even some good links doesn't mean you deserve top ten...Because eventually what will happen is you'll get the shit slapped out of your site for buying those "good links"

Yeh it is the fastest way to gain link popularity and its also the fastest way to get your ass penalized or even banned.

And where did you here that link buying can be good Yahoo or MSN because Google didn't say it? And of course everyone thinks their site is worth of top ten placement and buying links is the easy and stupid way out and not to mention the quickest way for your competitors to snitch you out to Google.

People this company doesn't give a damn about your business they just want to sell links and they won't give a damn when your site falls out of Google either...DONT BUY LINKS!!! Look at text link ads and a few authority directories that got they're asses slapped by Google...

When you do buy these links you don't know what your getting. Sure you'll know the PR (which doesn't really mean anything) and you'll get the main theme of the site...What you won't know until you buy is the URL or any real info except PR and theme...

I'll say it again don't buy links it is the quickest way to get your ass slapped because everyday Google is hitting sites...You see it time and time again in the threads.."Site dropped out of index" "Why did I lose my Google Rankings" etc...Sure you might get a quick fix on your rankings...but nothing long term which is what building a business is all about..LONG TERM!!

Take it from me I'm in the top ten for major keywords and I didn't buy one damn link.....Sure it's harder but its more effective for long term growth...and not to mention I won't have to wake up one day and see my site gone!!

So when you play with fire eventually you'll get burned!

Need some real SEO tips that won't get your ass banned..
    Read this http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=490427

James Dean Nash, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  11. Adulu

Adulu Peon

Best Answers:
    Adulu, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  12. TNX

TNX Peon

Best Answers:
    The fact is you don't understand what you are talking about, because you don't have experience in buying or selling links. I'm talking about long term paid links which stay on the same page for many months and you can not identify that it is a paid link because only 1 link per page is placed (by default, max 4 on different spots of the page).

Many of those, who never bought paid links, woke up some day and found their site gone from top ten. It may have plenty of reasons.
    And I'm not sure that your "major keywords" are enough competitive and commercial. May be a $10/month paid links deal could do better.
    Are you ready to show which "major" keywords are you talking about?

TNX, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  13. James Dean Nash

James Dean Nash Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't understand what I am talking about and how do you know I don't have experience at buying links or even selling them...Wow! Im and SEO with many top ten rankings in highly competitive markets..Why do you say that you cannot identify the links...details of why I or a bot can not tell...I'd like to know.

Yeh I know for a fact that some $10 month links can't out do my markets...

James Dean Nash, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  14. India Forum

India Forum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have agreed with all of your tips except "Dont buy or sell site wide links" Thats the only great income.

Jay

India Forum, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  15. lovekills_s

Best Answers:
    @TNX

Clone a site..It will be thrown away by Issuing a DMCA takedown, from the host as well from the Web..

Its easier said then done..

You contradicted your own statments:

In your previous post, you had a thinking of buying links for TRAFFIC, not for SERPS.. Now you are sayin, fastest ways to improve LP and Ranks in SERPS..

Ummm gotta clear this one up :)

lovekills_s, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  16. TNX

TNX Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't see any contradiction here. A link, that can improve both SERPS and traffic is a best buy. It is only a matter of price.

TNX, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  17. sachin0310

sachin0310 Peon

Best Answers:
    rgarding your point : Make links look natural
    did you mean that diiferent anchor textwith diffenet page links.

sachin0310, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  18. lovekills_s

Best Answers:
    Thats cool then :) Since you are able to bring your site to top SERPS.. Good Job and deserves appreciation..wanted to highlighted some points, So I did..

Congrats though for your success..ciao;)

lovekills_s, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  19. agusjuara

agusjuara Peon

Best Answers:
    what happen with link exchange?

agusjuara, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  20. TNX

TNX Peon

Best Answers:
    It's nice you share the same point of view. What do you think I have left out unsaid?

TNX, Sep 28, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.